Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

excusemeprincess
Jul 23, 2001
There was a pop-kun here. It's gone now.
A long time ago, maybe 5 or 6 years ago? I really can't remember. There was a thread for indie games. In this thread I found a side-scroller that I remember looking similar to Out of This World. Game play (if I'm remembering this right) was asfw for left right and up down (you could fly.) You used your mouse to aim/shoot. Anyone know what game this is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

excusemeprincess
Jul 23, 2001

al-azad posted:

Probably OnEscapee.

It does fit the description very well and thank you for the reply. But no this isn't it. It was more, I guess pixelie (less like Flashback, more like OoTW) and one of the main mechanics of the game was using your mouse to aim/shoot at enemies. I'm fairly certain you started with a jetpack or something that allowed flight.

excusemeprincess
Jul 23, 2001

al-azad posted:

Do you remember if it was freeware, a commercial indie game, or abandonware 90s game?

Freeware

excusemeprincess
Jul 23, 2001

excusemeprincess posted:

A long time ago, maybe 5 or 6 years ago? I really can't remember. There was a thread for indie games. In this thread I found a side-scroller that I remember looking similar to Out of This World. Game play (if I'm remembering this right) was asfw for left right and up down (you could fly.) You used your mouse to aim/shoot. Anyone know what game this is?

I should add it was in space.

edit: it was super low key in the thread. I won't be surprised if nobody can tell me what it is, but it would be awesome if someone could remember it. I've tried google but I can't think of any good searchs to bring up anything useful.

excusemeprincess fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Oct 18, 2013

excusemeprincess
Jul 23, 2001

Forgedbow posted:

This is sounding more like Abuse to me, although you don't start with a jetpack.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9pUaHdtlMA

Alternatively, Iji maybe?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33mxD4FjD3w

it was a lot like Abuse, but more pixelie, again a lot like the style of Out of this World. Low detail and very dark. Lots of Black/Grey/Reds in the atmosphere of the game.

Not Iji but closer to the graphical detail but not style of the game (if that makes sense)

I'm still googling stuff. If I end up figuring it out on my own I'll post it, but keep the suggestions coming. Someone is bound to know it.

edit: I'm pretty sure the thread was during 07 or 08.

excusemeprincess fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Oct 18, 2013