Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Ballrawg posted:

I can't remember if I asked this in an older version of the thread, but there was this multi-disk psx game that was a 2d platformer where you're playing as a small boy trying to rescue his dog from aliens. The only other thing I can remember is the part in the opening scene where he sees his dog being brought into another dimension or something. Does anyone remember this from the vague things I remember about it?
Heart of Darkness perhaps?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Pinky posted:

First was some strange early online game. I think it was freeware, or maybe there was a demo of it. Anyways, in this game you constructed an island. This island could fly. You could also attack all sorts of weapons to it. Spikes and cannons and things. Anyways the more stuff you added the heavier and slower your island got. You were supposed to fly your island around and battle other peoples islands. I wish I knew more about it than this, but I am positive that they were fighting islands. I remember always building a small fast island with ramming spikes. It was so fun. I hope someone here knows what Im talking about because Id love to play it again.
Probably Stratosphere.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Scravo posted:

1) A Rube Goldberg-esque puzzle game where you have to rig up devices in order to assist either a cat or a mouse in achieving its goal. Some of the harder puzzles got pretty mind-bending, and it was fun just using the level editor to see all of the different animations.
Got to be some variation of The Incredible Machine. If it was particularly cartoony it may have been Sid & Al's Incredible Toons.

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Dec 21, 2009

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Earthkrash posted:

So this was a very, very old star wars game you could play on DOS or something. The very first mission is on Tatooine for some sort of training camp in a canyon followed by some asteroid field mission I think. It's a starship game, being a pilot and owning stuff. Anybody knows?
Rebel Assault?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Naughty McGee posted:

There was this one game that's been on my mind for a long time. I want to say it was from the early-mid 90s, and I played it at a friends house. All I remember about it was that you piloted a ship on the surface of a planet and then you could fly down tunnels, that, if I recall correctly, eventually brought you out to the other side of the planet.
Might've been Terminal Velocity, or its Windows adaptation Fury³, or the sequel Hellbender.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Buh posted:

Another PC game I can remember from the early 90's. It was a 2D shoot 'em up where your goal was to rescue humans from aliens. Most of the humans looked like Elvis or Marilyn Monroe. Your main weapon was a flamethrower, but using it would deplete your jetpack. You also had rockets and grenades. There were four levels, one of which was the alien ship, one was the street of New York. Your basic alien was a puddle of green slime, other aliens were green humanoids with grotesquely distorted heads and bodies. You got ammo and new weapons from vending machines.
Alien Carnage AKA Halloween Harry.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Schizo posted:

After obsessing over Manufactoria for most of an hour, it made me remember a similar game that was incredibly popular here about 5 or 6 years ago. It was a PC game but could have easily been done in Flash, and involved bouncing lasers off mirrors and prisms and through various gizmos so they'd change colors and hit all of the correct targets in the level.

The name that is stuck in my head for this is something like Chronamaton but nothing I search for brings it up. :( It was a very lightweight game and I think had a paid version with a bazillion levels, but I could be wrong on the last part.
Chromatron.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

StealthStealth posted:

Microsoft game that I am about 90% sure came with some editions of Windows 95. You flew a little triangle-shaped ship around inside mazes with different trippy textures, and the ship could occasionally jump over walls.
Could be Hover!.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

9999DMG posted:

Okay, this looks like the thread to ask a question. I saw footage of a game recently, and I didn't see the name of the game anywhere. I'm almost certain it's a Wii game, probably never released outside of Japan. It's a cooking game where you're cooking in a Japanese restaurant, and have to complete a variety of tasks. These tasks range from chopping vegetables and filling a beer glass, to stuff like killing roaches and dialing a number on a rotary phone. The graphics style was very cartoony, the whole thing was in Japanese, and I have no idea what it's called. Does anyone have the slightest idea what I'm talking about?
One of the Cooking Mama games maybe?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Octaviar Polexa posted:

I can't remember the name of an otherwise unremarkable retro graphics platformer that screwed with its players by breaking the game in subtle ways that varied from player to player, based on a number it calculated from stuff like your windows username. This resulted in players complaining about bugs that others weren't experiencing, including not being able to make the very first jump of the game. This was explained by the developer a while.

Also every room had its own name at the bottom (kind of like VVVVVV) and the game may have had 'castle' or 'dungeon' or such in the name.
This was, in fact, simply called Dungeon.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

singe posted:

There used to be a DOS game I played where you're a female futuristic fighter pilot, and they'll be missions where you go through city streets killing other planes, and they also had night levels where you can turn on a green infrared type thing. In between the missions they had these cutscenes that gave you sort of a plot. I think you get shot and get revived and become a cyborg.
Traffic Department 2192.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

KungFu Grip posted:

Alright I need some help. I was talking to a couple of friends about games that you can take powers or stuff from enemies and use them yourself. We brought up games like Kirby and Megaman, but then I remembered some game where you can take enemies heads and wear them yourself. It was kind of cartoony and I remember it being on the PC. Does anyone remember this game?
H.E.D.Z. :)

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Nastyman posted:

also I'm trying to find a game that I think I was linked to here on SA, where you pretty much just tried to make a living in a 3rd world country, with random events like being raped every other day or developing some sort of nasty disease.
This probably is Real Lives. There's a more up-to-date version as well apparently?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

PseudoThief posted:

The name Stratofortress comes to mind but I can find no reference to it searching online, only pages of the B-52 Stratofortress :(. Fairly sure it had Fortress in the name though. Dunno if anyone will have played the game never mind remember it but any help would be appreciated.
Stratosphere maybe? I thought I remembered it being called Stratofortress too at first. :shobon:

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

These Loving Eyes posted:

Haha, goddamn that game looks ridiculous in terms of both graphics AND gameplay.
For its time it actually had really good graphics and animations, plus it was a pretty decent game to boot.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Really wild guess: Lands of Lore II? It was released five years later than Darklands though, so it's probably not what you are looking for.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Tome posted:

Uhm, I'm trying to remember an old shareware adventure game. I think it was horror-themed, but still aimed at kids. It was a side-scroller deal where you played as a kid trying to rescue his dog who's been kidnapped (I think??). I think you would fight skeletons and ghouls with a slingshot, but don't hold me to that. A few of the locations you'd visit would be crypts with rusty spearheads around as environmental traps. I'm fairly certain that I remember getting it on a shareware disc with a few Commander Keen games, as well as a few other Isometric shooters (Probably Wolfenstein).
Monster Bash.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Neither of them would happen to be Cortex Command, would it?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

These Loving Eyes posted:

What's this game then? You got me intrigued.
Could be Bulletstorm.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Rattelito posted:

This one has been driving me nuts forever:

It was an old game for the C64. You started in the ocean on some kind of jet ski and then you boarded a ship where you ran around fighting some bad guys. And when you got caught or shot you didn't die, you got put in a prison cell (on the ship). And I’m pretty sure you didn't have any lethal weapons, just stun guns and sleep grenades.

I think the graphics for the hero was somewhat similar to the dude in Impossible Mission

That's all I've got, must be 20 years since I played it so I'm a bit shady on the details
Probably not it, but the first thing this made me think of was Nexus.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

PantsBandit posted:

The other I remember more vividly. It was this game where you would control characters on a board made up of hexagons and would fight the computer when two characters met. There was a character named quicksilver, a guy riding a hoverbike or something who could kill himself as an attack and a farting rhino.
Some googling suggests this might be The Unholy War.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

thepopstalinist posted:

Hey what's up :cool:

So I used to play this game on the PC when I was a young'un. I seem to recall it being called "Overlord" or "Overseer" or "Outpost" or something, and it was essentially a SP tank command game / RTS. You drove around in this big ol' tank with all sorts of weapons, in first or third person, and you would go around capturing checkpoints that had, I think, 4 corner spaces on which could be placed turrets or buildings or the like, and they would continuously net you resources.

Anyway, what I found cool about it is that when assaulting other people's bases, you could "warp in" a certain number of AI support units with your resources. From what I can remember, there were little infantry sprites, smaller tanks, fighters and bombers (maybe just bombers?). You could also use your resources to upgrade your support units. Each upgrade changed the model of your support unit and gave it more punch (infantry, for instance, did more damage with their rifles and could rush bases and plant bombs that did damage based on their level).

Anybody know that of which I speak?
Sounds like Uprising. Pretty fun game back in the day.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Thunder Brigade maybe?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
One of the Kingdom Under Fire games maybe?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Dimentia posted:

5. Platformer, DOS era. Wild West themed, and the main character was a cowboy chipmunk/squirrel/hamster. Your enemies were human Indians. It was ridiculously hard.
Most likely Skunny: In the Wild West.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Edit: ugh.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

MetalGnomes posted:

Looking for the name of an indie game where you could send in a picture of yourself and they'd make a fancy sprite of you and put you in the game. I don't really care to actually play the game, just want to check out those sprites again!
The guys behind Wind and Water are doing this, in a way (that is, not for free).

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

ShineDog posted:

Back on the... c64 I think

Some kind of weird motorcycle sidescrolling platformer
Possibly one of the Kikstart games. Maybe these videos will jog your memory?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

MMMCCLI posted:

The game I am looking for was probably released early to mid 90's, it was for PC and came on a disc. I'm sure the game was named something like Dr. Fandango (Not this but similar) and it involved driving your character around europe buying up properties and using trick cards on your opponents such as putting sugar in their fuel tanks etc. It was turn based and it was awesome and I want to play it!

Help!
Dr Drago's Madcap Chase maybe?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Man, Return Fire has to be the single most asked-about game in these threads.

Not that there's anything wrong with that because it was pretty awesome.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Mouser.. posted:

Can't remember the name of this game anywhere but I'm positive it existed.

Mid 90's shareware game that you flew a plane around in first person, you could land the plane and get out on the ground. Point of the game was to destroy alien structures, if I'm remembering right they were inside these large forcefields that you had to fly the plane into in order to shoot it. And on the ground, the aliens were little black spheres with stick limbs poking out of them, you had a weapon but I don't think it was modeled on the screen, just put crosshairs over them and shoot.
This could be Corncob 3D/Deluxe.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Neo Rasa posted:

I'm pretty sure this is the PC version of Pure?
Or perhaps Fuel.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Top Hat posted:

For years I've been trying to remember the name of a 2D side-scrolling flight game from the 90's for PC. From what I remember you could choose from a large range of planes or helicopters and there would be varying missions where you had to blow up some base or rescue people or put out a fire maybe. It's similar to Wings of Fury or Flying Ace but as for more specifics I can't remember.

Any help would be amazing based on these sketchy details. I just remember the game being amazing. Oh and you controlled the planes just using the arrow keys and the space bar I think (I could be wrong).

edit: Just remembered that you always start on a runway, there were a few different designs for them aswell.
Jetstrike?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
It's possible in Real Lives to start a game and die from some lethal disease and such before you even get to take your first turn, which I guess is more likely to happen when you're born in some third-world hellhole like the demo forces you to.

Purely from the perspective of playing a game it's kind of funny when that happens, but, well, even so it probably shouldn't be. :smith:

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Cellophane S posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpRQgt28gJs&feature=related Could somebody tell me what the hell this is. It looks so bad I want to play it.
This would be Firo & Klawd.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Satanos posted:

There was a game I played once at my cousin's that I believe was on the Mega Drive/Genesis, it starred a little dinosaur on a skateboard. If I had to describe him I would have to say he was RADIKAL.
The main level I remember was inside a bigger dinosaur after you skate down his throat for some reason.
This just might be the aptly titled Radical Rex.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Anatharon posted:

I remember a game, vaguely. (Of course, considering the thread. :v:) It was an adventure game of some kind. The main character, I think, was a young woman, and could ride on a dragon. It was for the PC and I played it like 8 years ago or so. There was a big valley with a mountain range around it in what I was playing (The demo) and caves with orcs and other such monsters in them which you could fight off with a sword.

Any ideas?
Sounds like one of the Drakan games.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Hottentot Apron posted:

The next one was some sort of Chu Chu rocket precursor where you played as a (blue?) mouse running around a maze, collecting cheese, and avoiding (red?) cats.
I really had another game in mind when searching, but chanced upon Radar Rat Race which sounds reasonably close to what you described.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Morpheus posted:

Some game I remember hearing about a while ago. It was basically Hogwarts: The Game where you are in a magical academy, have to study for tests, do wizard poo poo, etc. Was for PC, may have been online. Definitely required moneys.
This might be Academagia, although I could swear there was another game very much like it. It is eluding my efforts to track it down, however.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Generic CAW posted:

I had this game for Playstation where everything was clay and you played as a white character with red pants i think. He had one strand of hair and totally black eyes. Man that game is awesome, and I want to play it again, but I can't remember the name of it.
Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
The Neverhood?