Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Ultima-like top-down role-playing game, DOS or possibly Windows 3.11. I would've played this at the tail end of the 90s but it's probably a bit older than this. The standout thing is that it wasn't really a game so much as it was an Ultima-like game creation tool. I don't recall a whole lot about it other than it came with fairly primitive graphics, about what you'd associate with a CGA game of the era. There might have been some kind of UI for the game creation half, but... honestly, there might also have just not been one and it was just editing text files. There was some kind of small early Internet community surrounding it, making games in it and whatever. A big problem is I would've been pretty young when I was loving around with this stuff, so my memories are super muddled.

Adventure Creation Kit?

EDIT: Or DC Games Graphics Adventure Game Builder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Billy Gnosis posted:

Twinsen's odyssey / little big adventure 1 or 2?

My guess as well

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

BrightWing posted:

Not a singular game, but growing up on my lovely PC I had a disk with a handful of Sega genesis games on it. I remember Sonic 1-3 and Knuckles, Kid Chameleon, Shining Force 1, and a platformer where you played as sone kinda orb guy and shot sparklies at enemies. I wanna say it had more games on it but thats all I remember for sure.

E: Oh, and some beat em up that had a strong comic aesthetic to it

The orb guy game is Vectorman and the beat ‘em up is probably Comix Zone. Not sure which exact compilation it is, Sega did a bunch of them

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Maybe Sega Smash Pack 2? It had Sonic 2, Kid Chameleon, Shining Force, Vectorman 2 and Comix Zone

https://sonic.fandom.com/wiki/Sega_Smash_Pack_2

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Cognac McCarthy posted:

Ok, I've got another one. Can anyone ID this game?

I think that’s Battlezone

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

timp posted:

I think the fact that it was used in one of the most memorable scenes in Fantasia helped it to really stick around in the general public too

I think you're thinking of Night on Bald Mountain

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

life_source posted:

A racing/platformer game. You are a triangular or pyramidical ship and you move, jump and launch forward while trying to figure out the best or only way to the end. Everything is very blocky 3D models, mostly grey but I am remembering bits of red, green and blue too. Black or dark background behind everything, possibly with simple stars.

Skyroads?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

IUG posted:

Does anyone remember a game in the 90s, something like a point and click, but not so much of a story or mystery type? It was the sprite based game where this kid in (pink/purple/red?) overalls just kept navigating bizarre settings, and clicking on things would just make even more bizarre things happen? I think it was on something other than the Sega or Nintendo consoles. Probably a CD based system, as some of the sprites seem like they were larger than a cart could hold at the time. Probably PS1 or Saturn era game.

Panic! for Sega CD https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panic!_(video_game)

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wipfmetz posted:

I'm thinking about a 3D* CRPG for DOS from the 90s. You start on a sci-fi spaceship which promply crashes on a lush alien planet full of cat-like people**. Town-and-Dungeon-crawling ensues.
There may have been undertones of colonization or other exploitation.

*I do remember some 2D-JRPG-Elements, but that might me confusing it with Star Ocean or something.
**And druids. Or cat-like druids. I have some memories, and i don't know if that game was just weird or if I confuse it with a _third_ game.

Sounds like Albion

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

pokchu posted:

From an acquaintance:

First one sounds like Bosconian? Second one is almost definitely Rush’n Attack

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

MDK is the opposite of grimdark, it's (purposefully) goofy as hell and the sequel even more so

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I don’t mean to stare, we don’t have to

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

First one might be Space Griffon VF-9?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

credburn posted:

Hey gang!

What's this NES game I'm thinking of? I think it was overhead, and played kinda like Legend of Zelda. You could go to shops and haggle with the shopkeeper. If you haggled too much they'd get angry with you (there was a portrait of the shopkeep). I feel like the shopkeeper wore a turban but am not sure...

I think it was either in a forest or at least a part of the beginning took place in a forest. I feel like I could never get out of the forest. I only played this at my cousin's house when I was like six or seven years old...

Gotta be The Magic of Scheherazade. You can haggle with the merchants and it’s Arabian Nights-themed

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

IMJack posted:

That sounds like something you'd find in one of those Nintendo Power passwords-for-everything guides.

... I wonder where I put my NP collection.

*Chuckles* Oh you mean this?

…And there it is

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hirayuki posted:

I still have my copy, too. :kiddo:

I still have a few NP guides, it’s fun to flip through them every now and then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I would love the Chrono Trigger and FF6 NP guides but they’re expensive af nowadays…