Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RVT
Nov 5, 2003
I watched an LP on YouTube of a truly weird game and for the life of me I can't remember its name.

I watched it 10+ years ago, but the game looked older than that. You were a dude I guess, who had to defeat 6-10 (somewhere in there I think) demons to rescue a girl each was holding captive. There was a map of hell, or maybe each demon had his own map of his area of hell. The map was a top down look at a tunnel system where you would travel from room to room getting energy, and then when ready you'd run yourself into the boss who would be wandering around the map as well. When you started the boss fight, it would go to first person and you'd be in a boss arena and each boss had some gimmick to defeat him. Some you lured into a trap, some were weak to a certain type energy. The demons were much bigger than the player and they had a body horror vibe to them. Also, there might have been multiple colors of energy. And you could like fill up items or plants or some stuff with the energy and it would do something.

Once you defeated a demon, a scene would play of the girl thanking you, or disappearing, or something. I think there were multiple endings, and if you got the good ending you got a scene of some depressing looking city.

I could have dreamt any of the above details, or maybe the entire thing is an invention of my mind. Let me know if I'm crazy. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RVT
Nov 5, 2003
The Void, this is it. Thank you all very much. I'm going to watch an LP, maybe see if I can find the one I saw back in the day to see how much of what I remembered was real and how much I made up. Obviously I remembered enough for you to identify it though. Thanks for that.

RVT
Nov 5, 2003

Mierenneuker posted:

It's likely the video LP by CannibalK9: https://lparchive.org/The-Void/

I watched it back in the day, bought the game on Steam when it was on sale and went "that'll do, game, that'll do". Never even considered installing it.

This was exactly it.

RVT
Nov 5, 2003
There was an American civil war game my dad played, mid, maybe early 90s. In my mind it was grayscale, but maybe it was in color and that's how poo poo the computer/laptop monitor was.

You could play as either the Union or the Confederates, and it was a risk type system, you built up your armies then moved them into an enemy, maybe on a node type map and the battle results were generated based on your army size and the one you attacked.

I can't remember much else, other than I think they had the real generals leading the various armies, Robert E Lee, and Sherman, Grant et al were all in the game.