Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jonypawks
Dec 1, 2003

"Why didn't you tell me you were the real Snake?" -- Ken
Sorry for the Page 1 reply.

kuffs posted:

I played a sidescroller for SNES that featured a woodpecker that could accelerate to rocket speeds. The goal of each level was to pop 4 balloons and *probably* find some end zone.

I think you're thinking of Super Alfred Chicken.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJWvf8zGbcA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jonypawks
Dec 1, 2003

LackinPants! posted:

So here's one that's been bugging me for a while.

It was a 2d windows game made in the style of Quake 3. As in, all the art, sprites, and weapons were direct rips from it. It was built for multiplayer, had a level editor built in, and I remember it being a really fun game in general. Combat was handled by aiming with the mouse and moving via WASD. It wasn't that Quake3 2D mod either, it was it's own fan game.

It was called Quake "something" but I can't remember it for the life of me.

This sounds like XEvil but I don't think it had anything to do with Quake. Probably not the same game, but sounds like similar gameplay.

jonypawks
Dec 1, 2003

Drop The Bomb posted:

This is a game I used to play years ago for Turbo Grafix. The most I can remember about it is that its a 2d platform game where there was two parts to every stage. The first part you played threw as a normal human and when you got to the end of that you transformed into some type of robot with a light saber like sword. After every stage your sword grew bigger and more powerful. Thats the best I can recall of it.

Keith Courage in Alpha Zones

This happens to be the only TurboGrafx game I own at the moment.

jonypawks
Dec 1, 2003

Niymeh posted:

Another game for you guys to help me with...

It's from the mid to late 90s, for the PC/Windows.

Mech-like combat, but everything has an ancient Egyptian feel to it. I definitely remember different NPCs or Mechs having the names of Egyptian gods.

Scarab?

jonypawks
Dec 1, 2003

Evil Vin posted:

I rented a game for the SNES many years ago, all I recall was (I think it was the second level) a level we're you're climbing a building and there's cockroaches as enemies.

Brandish? Skip to about 2/3 of the way through the video for some gameplay.

jonypawks
Dec 1, 2003

Naturally Selected posted:

Original question still stands though >.< i KNOW it was related to Total Annihilation somehow, but it's not Kingdoms, might have used the same engine though...

I'm not really sure that it's be related to TA, but Earth 2150 perhaps? It was full-3d, and one of the first RTS games to do so, and also featured a ridiculous amount of units since you got to design them yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jonypawks
Dec 1, 2003

Chairon posted:

Way back in the day, the PS1 came with a sample disk of games, this one was the second edition. One of these was a game that involved a ship, or something. It was First person perspective. IIRC, it was in the top left corner of the selection screen. I think it might have been a Descent game, but I can't remember. The disk also had 2 Extreme on it, if that helps anyone.

Tunnel B1 was on the interactive sampler disc volume 3 alongside 2Xtreme:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbX5-YRL_x4

http://www.game-rave.com/psx/playstation_perfect_guide/demodiscs/demo_intdemv3_a/