Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

I have a pretty easy one. I distinctly remember a FPS game on the PC (might have gotten console ports of some sort) from a few years back that had "realistic" smoke physics. Like if there was a pillar of smoke emitting from somewhere and you shot through it with a rocket/machinegun it would twirl and react realistically.

At first I thought this was Unreal 2 but after replaying that it apparently wasn't. Someone else suggested that it was Quake 4 and I've reinstalled that also but haven't really run into any of that fancy smoke/particle stuff. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? It's a few years old by now and I'm betting I remember it much more awesome than it actually was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

Pheener posted:

As Captain Duck said, this was UT2k4, and only in certain maps. It looks pretty cool, though.

Weird, I was sure this was a single player FPS and definitely not UT. I guess I'm gonna have to check it out next time I get a chance. I just have this image of me crouching around some smoke pillar and shooting rockets through it, watching the smoke curl realistically like a dumbass for 10 minutes. I just don't see myself doing that in an online FPS V:)V