Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Krolm
Nov 10, 2004

friendly and non-threatening

Bleak Gremlin

I Know the Answer to That posted:

i remember playing a game many years ago on the SNES. you were firefighters and the game was set in this one building that was on fire and you basically went through floor by floor putting the fire out. you controlled 2 people one had the water (male) and a chick was following you around with a fireaxe and would chop doors down and stuff.

you had these wierd grenades too that would just spew out the stuff from fire extinguishers you could use too. i remember what the box art looks like but i cant remember the game for the life of me

Possibly The Firemen :v:

Likely spoilery youtube video

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krolm
Nov 10, 2004

Bleak Gremlin

Goddamn posted:

I remember this weird PC point-and-click adventure game that I can't seem to find anything about; I think it might've been called something along the lines of "UFOs"? Anyway, you were this purple one-eyed alien who crash-lands on earth and has to fix his spaceship. You had this remote control with one button it that occasionally did stuff (you could explode sheep at the first screen), and right-clicking would change your cursor into various actions. You had this companion, a duck that you saved out of a bear trap, that was pretty much :psyduck:. At some point it finds a needle in a haystack for you. You use it to pick open a barn door. At another, it starts frenching some ugly woman at a kissing booth and the game switches to a sort of fighting game mode as their tongues battle for a piece of gum or something like that. I also vaguely remember some fatass eating out of a bucket. At the end of the game the duck goes with you. It seems to be in love with you or something. I think it starts kissing you and you crash-land into another planet. Not sure.

...I swear I did not drop acid as a kid. :psyduck:

I remember this one :)
It is in fact called "UFOs" like you said, and you can get it on the Underdogs here

Krolm fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Aug 24, 2008

Krolm
Nov 10, 2004

Bleak Gremlin

Grawl posted:

There was this adventure game that I had as shareware DOS game. It was made entirely out of clay (if I remember correctly). You played as a dragon, but I think that was just the demo and they were other stories with other characters. All I remember was that there was a house with a gingerbread man that you could visit by boat.

I'm not 100% sure but I think it might be Kingdom O' Magic. It has a green lizard character, looks semi-clay-ey and I distinctively remember something involving a gingerbread man!

I actually have this game, it came in this awesome book shaped cd-box.

Krolm
Nov 10, 2004

Bleak Gremlin

Tehdude posted:

I hate to bump this thread, but it's been bugging me...
it's an old DOS game, where you play an old man. You're in some kind of tower, in an isometric view. I remember there maybe being magic, and I do remember hunger and thirst meters. There were monsters around the tower. Also, I don't know if it was a product of me being young, but I remember it being tough.

That's probably Mystic Towers from 3drealms.
Clicky
(It's awesome)

Krolm
Nov 10, 2004

Bleak Gremlin

canti32 posted:

We were talking about Red Dead at work today when my boss mentioned a game set in the wild west that involved solving puzzles, making money by playing liar's dice at bars to pay for upgrades, and at night vampires would show up and attack. He said it was for the PS2 but couldn't remember the name, though he thought it was something like Silverado, but no such game exists. Does anyone know what he's talking about? It sounds pretty cool.

Darkwatch maybe? It's a FPS but it's the only thing with wild west and vampires I can think of.

Krolm
Nov 10, 2004

Bleak Gremlin

Lt. Dans Legs posted:

The game I'm trying to remember the name of is at least 10 years old or so, and it was a dos game if I remember right. The most I can remember is that it was a 2d game and there was lots of flames or laser beams (I don't remember) in different rooms and you had to use mirrors and such to deflect them elsewhere. You did all this to save your dog, and you could unintentionally fry him which gave me nightmares as a kid. I think I remember the dog even taking up the whole screen as it fried, prompting the game-over or something. :( It was a pretty innocent game, but holy poo poo that dog.

I'd be really grateful if someone could remember the name of this game, because it'd be fun to play again.

That would probably be Rescue Rover

Krolm
Nov 10, 2004

Bleak Gremlin
[edit] wrong page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krolm
Nov 10, 2004

Bleak Gremlin

THE PWNER posted:

I'm thinking of a game that I think was for the PS1. All that I remember is that it was a futuristic combat sports game which I *think* vaguely resembled hockey, except you could kill/fight dudes and it was encouraged. I think it was top down? Not sure, don't remember much, this was probably pre-2000.

If i'm remembering right (keep in mind that its entirely possible these things were not even in this game and i'm remembering something else) it had a career mode type thing where when your players died they were gone for good and you had to replace them? Or maybe it just had a career mode and I made that part up.

Probably Speedball 2100?