Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wb
Nov 19, 2004
im cool

Karo posted:

Here is a tough one. Between 1985-1989 or so I was playing a game at a friend's house who had an unknown computer and a monochrome monitor. I doubt it was a C64, more like a Spectrum, CPC or something more exotic but I can't tell. We played Boulderdash and he tried to load Ikari Warriors which did not work. There was also some space olympiad with different disciplines.

The game I'm looking for however was a shot 'em up where you would fly a dragon and breath fire. It had a medieval setting. The animations were really impressing me and the character you played (the dragon) was big and well animated when flapping its wings.

The following is very sketchy and probably wrong:
- You could upgrade your fire breath and make it longer.
- At some point into the game you would see a fair maiden with a cone-like hat.
- At a later level there were spider-webs (and spiders?).
- Later on there was also lightning (and clouds?).
- You could choose to fly to the left or to the right (I think).

It is not Dragon Breed or Saint Dragon or Dragon Spirit. I browsed some of the Spectrum/CPC games and couldn't find it. Perhaps someone remembers this.

thanatos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wb
Nov 19, 2004
im cool

Grawl posted:

I was watching an AVGN video and this game flashed by. It looks interesting. Anyone?

Click here for the full 1151x835 image.

Eternal Champions

wb
Nov 19, 2004
im cool

BigDayman posted:

I've searched all over Search Engines for this game, I can remember Everything about the story, but the name escapes me. Its a old PC First Person Adventure game, with old adventure aspects. Grab item here, put item in there. Anyway, the Story goes as follows:
You play the son of a half-elf who lazy and wants adventure when the kingdom comes under trouble. It seems the evil person that your father put away has come back (I don't think this was a sequel, but I could be wrong.) Anyway, you go to get the original magic sword that took this evil guy down, you meet with a old childhood friend whose father is poisoned, after that you go to the location of the sword where you meet this dwarf who the guard wont let in the city. You fix that, and find the sword broken. Yada yada, you meet tons of more allies who are all needed to fix the broken sword to use against this evil guy.

I can remember allot about the story and the game, for the all trying, I cant figure out the name and would be very appreciative if someone knew the game I was talking about.

Shannara maybe?

wb
Nov 19, 2004
im cool

evilmiera posted:

Third was essentially a rogue-like, but with a big 2D/3D town you could visit that looked a bit like it was out of Heroes of Might and Magic's starting screens. You had to raise a bunch of stats, fight monsters or leave them alone, and the things you fought were varied (I distinctly remember a small creature that sounded like it said Shnook! Which was also it's name. )

One of these? Mordor, Demise

There was also a Mordor 2 but I don't think that made it past beta.

wb
Nov 19, 2004
im cool

Serious Michael posted:

This was a flash game, I saw it on Newgrounds and I'm pretty sure it was a big name like Armor Games, maybe Kongregate (or however it's spelled). This is the one I definitely put the most amount of time into:
- I would equate it to a 2D Mount&Blade
- You created a male or female character based on a medieval archetype, viking, samurai, Teutonic knight, etc
- Leveled up different stats, standard.
- You traveled a small world across a large scale map going from town to town, complete freedom.
- In the world map you would run into bandits.
- You had horses, wide assortment of gear to buy. From each archetype.
- Weapons were standard swords, spears, bows, shurikans, greek fire, etc
- Battles were grid based side scrolling beat-em-ups.
- If you had archers in your reserve you could use them to launch a volley from off screen.
- You also bought soldiers from different towns.
- Each town was based on an archetype.
- You could capture towns. Larger towns with palaces required you to go in and kill guys in the palace too.
- There were quests but they were mostly go here kill bandits or deliver money.

sounds kind of like Feudalism II

wb
Nov 19, 2004
im cool

sc4rs posted:

Looking for a 3D fighting game, probably was on Dreamcast or Sony PS1. It had AWFUL 3D graphics, as it was probably one of the first 3D games - was super polygonal and blocky. Each character had a weapon a la Soul Calibur, the only two that I remember are a shortish guy with a long sword and a big dude with a club (that was hilariously blocky). I want to say that the first guy was named Eli and the big dude was Bruno, but I could be making stuff up as I only played it once and it was a a long time ago. Help me goons!

Not that I played it other than the demo but that sounds kinda like Toshinden. The wikipedia article mentions characters called Eiji and Rungo, which are kind of similar to the names you mentioned too.

wb
Nov 19, 2004
im cool

Narcissus posted:

Pretty much nothing to go on, except I do remember using a crosshair to aim at something that turned out to be the drawbridge button. I'm sure the graphics were so primitive I had no idea what was going on.

castle master?

wb
Nov 19, 2004
im cool

Foul Fowl posted:

I remember playing a pixelated 2D flash game. It was sort of an adventure game where you were trying to kill some dragons and every step on the world map led to another area that you had to pass, these areas were filled with monsters and it played a bit like any 2d platformer except you had certain abilities.

The one defining feature was that you could play as anything you killed. You started with like six classes but as you killed more and more you could play as a ton of diferent things.

I assume it's Great Dungeon in the Sky. I found it by searching for "poo poo blob", since I remembered that being one of the playable characters.

wb
Nov 19, 2004
im cool

That Rough Beast posted:

I had this game on the C64. As I recall, it's a weird sort of RPG/combat thing where you pick a character from either China or Japan and wander around trying to kill or compel the other characters. There's a peasant, a general, and some other stuff.

ZenMaster on the forums has it as his avatar and it has driven me insane for months, but I always forget to ask him and I don't have plat. Can anyone identify it by sight?

Shogun

wb
Nov 19, 2004
im cool

Project1 posted:

I vaguely remember some game I played a couple of years ago. You were running some MMO, and the graphics were similar to those neon wireframe graphics that Introversion uses, but it wasn't by them. It had a top down view, and you could track what was going on in the game, but only in general terms, and you couldn't get a view of what the MMO was actually like

You had to set monster levels, loot levels, etc., and you could open up new zones. There may have been more going on in the game, but it may just have been a simple management game, I'm not sure.

I think it was an indie game, and I don't remember it being all that good, but I wanted to remember what it was anyway.

Dr_Amazing posted:

I just saw this game linked in a thread here last week, but I have no idea what it was called.

MMORPG Tycoon?

wb
Nov 19, 2004
im cool

YOURFRIEND posted:

No, that one isn't it. This one had you as an AI tying to conceal your existence and you built factories that'd produce robots for you in chile and poo poo to take over the world and eventually I think you had undersea labs and stuff.

Endgame: Singularity?

wb
Nov 19, 2004
im cool

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

Nope it's not that, the driving section is 3rd person. The sidescrolling sections are usually over two levels too, I'm pretty sure the premise is that you're a cop.

Technocop?

wb
Nov 19, 2004
im cool

Kammat posted:

Got an old one that no amount of searching in MobyGames has found for me, so let's see if I can jog any memories here.

80's, fairly sure this was on the Apple II. Premise of the game was that Russia was launching nukes at the US, but we had a squadron of interceptors in space that would fly down planetside and take out the control facility for that launch before the missiles hit.

Each mission started with having to fly each plane of the squadron out of the station one by one. Since this was in space, inertia played a role as you had to take off from the right, fly to about the center of the screen, then turn right to fly out the hangar doors. You had to oversteer to kill your leftward momentum or you'd smack into the hangar door on the way out.

Once your squadron was out, you'd select the launch facility and the game turned into a fairly standard vertical scrolling shoot em up. You could adjust your altitude slightly to avoid or attempt to take out any ground forces shooting at you, but otherwise you moved steadily upwards. Once you reached the end of the level, you faced five towers, each with a small black vulnerable spot to destroy the tower. You had to destroy all five towers before time ran out and the missiles impacted their target.

Does this ring any bells for anyone? I've had it come to mind recently, but it's starting to drive me crazy.

Raid over Moscow

wb
Nov 19, 2004
im cool
subspace, probably

wb
Nov 19, 2004
im cool
Seems a bit unlikely, but Heaven & Earth? It's dos, a bit new agey, and at least one of the puzzle types have sliding tiles

wb
Nov 19, 2004
im cool
I've never heard of it before now, but could it be Secrets of the Pyramids? There's a skeleton with a heiroglyph book at the start.

wb
Nov 19, 2004
im cool

Shibawanko posted:

I have played that too but no, it has way more parallax scrolling, like if you take a single step everything moves in several layers, giving the illusion of 3D.

jim power had pretty ridiculous parallax, although i don't recall seeing rocket boots.

wb
Nov 19, 2004
im cool

HMS Beagle posted:

This should hopefully be easy, because I'm pretty sure its relatively recent, like last five years. I haven't actually played this, but remember reading about one of the game's plotlines and was curious what it was from. The plot involved a dysfunctional family that had been warped by some sort of energy into monstrosities. I think the family all went by Mother, Father, Daughter etc., and I think a few of them had been fused in place with their surroundings. I believe the plotline involved the Brother/Son running away.

I think the game was some sort of live service sci-fi game, though I've checked the big ones and couldn't find what I was looking for. This wasn't the main plot of the game, it was either a side quest or a minor plotline.

warframe?

wb
Nov 19, 2004
im cool

Quote-Unquote posted:

1) Very arcadey racing game, quite a lot like Outrun but there was stuff on the road like roadworks, oil slicks and jumps. It was the same kind of 2d driving game as Outrun but iirc you could make 90 degree turns at some intersections which could sometimes be shortcuts. Pretty certain you could drive as a police car because I remember the annoying siren sound pissing my parents off.

cisco heat?

wb
Nov 19, 2004
im cool
if it's not that, i was thinking little big adventure 2. (he's not a girl, but has long hair and throws a ball around in a rainy town)

wb
Nov 19, 2004
im cool

hexwren posted:

zombie smashers x.

unplayable on modern machines. tried learning virtual machines to run zsx2 (amongst others) and got nowhere.

I've found Flashpoint to work great. It's basically steam but for nearly every flash(and other stuff) game(again, and other stuff) ever made.

wb
Nov 19, 2004
im cool
ah, whoops. i just assumed cause they mentioned newgrounds

wb
Nov 19, 2004
im cool

Light Gun Man posted:

this is fuckin amazing holy poo poo

well at least i helped someone <3

wb
Nov 19, 2004
im cool

FFT posted:

First one smacks of the Journeyman Project series

It did to me too at first, but they said edutainment, and those games are pretty hard. I don't remember a jester either

wb
Nov 19, 2004
im cool
Corporation/Cyber-Cop does the face thing

wb
Nov 19, 2004
im cool
Hey.

It was a side scrolling game for windows in the mid or maybe early 00's. It was kind of a beat 'em up, but it was pretty fast and leapy if I recall. You gained experience to increase stats after you completed a level, and you could go back to a level at any time. You got more xp for combos, for beating the level quickly, and maybe picking up stars or some other macguffin.

I remember a castle wall (background) area, and there may have been fields/forest before that. There was definitely a sewer level after one of those, and the difficulty ramped up hard. There were probably different characters to choose from.

I have a feeling it was a fan made game for something else. I thought I found it on Home of the Underdogs, but I couldn't find it when I looked recently. I'm fairly sure it was a windows thing and not flash.

wb
Nov 19, 2004
im cool

Dip Viscous posted:

Totally wild guess based only on what I remember being on HOTU: Ragnarok Battle Offfline.

I'll have to try it, but I think this is it! Thank you!

wb
Nov 19, 2004
im cool
Yeah, that was definitely it. Thanks, it had been bugging me for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wb
Nov 19, 2004
im cool
moonstone deserves a remake, it was great