Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plinth
Nov 28, 2004

Archons of Athens!

El Death posted:

I've spent many hours searching for the name of this PC game but have failed to find it. It was a 2d quasi-realistic side perspective flying game similar to wings of fury, though set in the present and with the option of selecting a helicopter as well as a plane. It was released in the mid 90's.

I'm not giving much to work with here, but I'd really appreciate any help.

Jetstrike?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plinth
Nov 28, 2004

Archons of Athens!

missed_again posted:

If you guys could help me with this i'd love you for loving EVER.

It was one of those standup arcade machines where it was a top down driver game, it had a steering wheel and two pedals, and you had to chase down bad guys and then once you caught them you gotta "interrogate" them by button mashing like a manic.
It was awesome, and i'd love to find out what it was to play it again.

That's A.P.B., I think.

Plinth
Nov 28, 2004

Archons of Athens!

SereneCrimson posted:

Well, I just remembered another game that I want to know the name of.

I'm pretty sure it was an Amiga game, but it might have been on PC.

It took place in a Subway station, and it had one of those amusement park booths, with those Fortune Teller heads. I believe when you inserted a coin, the booth would give you a Subway ticket.
When you got on the Subway, it transported you into this side scrolling platformer world.

I remember the back of the box showed a ton of different worlds, but I was never quite good enough to beat the first world as a kid :(

Sounds like Theme Park Mystery.

Plinth
Nov 28, 2004

Archons of Athens!
EDIT: never mind, already answered.

Plinth
Nov 28, 2004

Archons of Athens!

MrMortimer posted:

This is an old one, It was for the genesis, I think you were a kid caveman of some sort. I don't remember a thing about it, maybe some platforming involved. I think you had to move boulders. If anyone can figure it out, I'd love them.

Chuck Rock 2?

Plinth
Nov 28, 2004

Archons of Athens!

Enclave posted:

If anyone can help me with this my mother would be very grateful. Back in the 80's we had an Amstrad CPC and she used to play a game called, Ted Blew it, or something similar. I think it must have been called something different in the US and Europe because no amount of searching through CPC game sites seems to help. I can't find it anywhere.

I recall it being a side scroller, each screen had a puzzle and once you completed a stage you would get another puzzle on another screen. It looked like Manic Miner in a way. Also I recall a rollercoaster level that no one could ever get past.

Any ideas?

Could it be Technician Ted?

Plinth
Nov 28, 2004

Archons of Athens!

Dark Kindness posted:

I'm trying to think of an NES game. It was a side scroller where you were a spaceman in a yellow suit. The first part of the level consisted of an R-Typeish shooting game and the second part was more like a platformer after you got off your little ship. The levels were like big space stations and you flew in, blew up the reactor and then had to escape. Pretty sure the title was just one word.

Air Fortress.

Plinth
Nov 28, 2004

Archons of Athens!

Sanford posted:

I doubt anyone will get this, but it's worth a try. Game for the Amiga from the early 90's. Text based adventure with static pictures for each new area. I don't have much to go on because I don't remember progressing more than 3 or 4 screens into the game. It started with you on the bus on Endless Street, where you lived. You had to get off at the right stop because if you missed it or got off somewhere else, you just went up and down the endless street for ever and ever and could never progress any further. If you did get off at the right place, you could go to your house. Shortly after arriving the phone rang and someone screamed down it about "things" attacking her, or trashing her house, or something? It may have been your house that was trashed when you went in, actually. And that's it, all I remember. Anyone got any idea?

This is the excellent Jinxter, by Magnetic Scrolls.

Plinth
Nov 28, 2004

Archons of Athens!

General Olloth posted:

Does anyone remember some game where there was tilesets, and it was vaguely star wars themed at least. I remember the people were just like stormtrooper heads mostly, and there were blasters. I don't remember much else and everytime I look for it in the list of licensed and unlicensed star wars games I can't find it and I'm starting to think I made it up. This has been bugging me for years.

If I remember right, it played kinda like a zelda game. Puzzle/action.

Yoda Stories?

Plinth
Nov 28, 2004

Archons of Athens!
Pretty sure this is Countdown.

Plinth
Nov 28, 2004

Archons of Athens!

averox posted:

Thanks guys but I'm thinking it might be another game. This one seems a bit more arcadey than what I recall playing which was a bit more sim-like. The loadout screen was a full screen front view of your chopper.

Again, vague details and I could possibly be remembering everything differently.

Sounds like Thunderhawk 2.

Plinth
Nov 28, 2004

Archons of Athens!

Chupe Raho Aurat posted:

Side on "jump around platform game"

1 or 2 players

You traveled around the world sucking up ghosts/monsters with a big vaccume cleaner you wore on your back, releasing the fire button would fire them back across the screen to bump into and kill other monsters. If you held the sucked up monsters to long your vaccume would explode!

Has the same look to it as the Japanese game "Pang" its possible the charactors are meant to be the same guys.

You can star where ever in the world you want too and there are boss stages every now and then

Tumblepop.

Polar Bond posted:

I know this is a very long shot, but I'm looking for an old Commodore 64 game involving an isometric 3D checkerboard full of traps. Dangers included bombs and giant boots (or feet?) trying to crush you. I think these were shown on the cover of the game and my sister believes it may also have featured some kind of witch.

Could this be Gridtrap?

Plinth fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Mar 9, 2012

Plinth
Nov 28, 2004

Archons of Athens!

Canemacar posted:

I'm trying to remember the name of a game I played as a kid. I think it was on the SNES. You played as some kind of vampire hunter, infiltrating Dracula's castle. Not Castlevania, your character had a sword instead of a whip. You started at the outskirts of the castle and had to clear a couple levels including a barn to get to the castle itself, IIRC.

I think one of the early bosses was a giant ghostly woman in a white gown or something.

Bram Stoker's Dracula?

Plinth
Nov 28, 2004

Archons of Athens!

HKBGUTT posted:

Nope. I remember very little of the game but i seem to remember that there where yellow pads that you could hit to jump higher.

This is probably Metro-Cross.

Punch Card posted:

C64 fighter game with an overall Egyptian theme and I think one of the fights was against a guy with a cat (or maybe jackal/dog) head with sand and possibly a pyramid or two in the background.

This sounds like the Egypt level from Renegade 3, but the game theme wasn't overall Egyptian.

E: Fighting Warrior looks more likely.

Plinth fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jun 20, 2012

Plinth
Nov 28, 2004

Archons of Athens!

Pierzak posted:

Can anyone point me to a certain old arcade Spiderman game? It alternated beat'em up and platformer levels and had 4 characters to choose from. IIRC the first boss was Venom.

Spider-Man: The Video Game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plinth
Nov 28, 2004

Archons of Athens!
That sounds very much like Skull & Crossbones.