Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YamataNoOrochi
Oct 24, 2005

Kainer2000 posted:

I'll contribute.

I remember renting this game when I was a kid, it was an action rpg (had hp and poo poo and a bit of platforming), it was a diagonal isometric view, had a blonde haired protagonist. Wish I could think of more but can't. It was either genesis or SNES.

edit: NM It was Alundra for PSX.

Just a heads up, there was a game just like Alundra for the Genesis, called Landstalker. I want to say Alundra was a sequel to it, but I am not 100% sure on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YamataNoOrochi
Oct 24, 2005

Strontosaurus posted:

N64 3D fighting game with some very interesting characters. There was, like, a dwarf with a mech made out of barrels and some huge skeleton dude. I want to say that the game started with "R".

War Gods, maybe?

YamataNoOrochi
Oct 24, 2005

Skyelan posted:

I've got one that just popped into my head and is driving me nuts. It's hard to believe I didn't imagine it up, especially since I don't recall ever even beating the first mission. This could mean the game sucked eggs, but I'm being driven by pure desire to know.

But way back when, I rented a game that was either for the PS1 or N64, and it was a strategy game I believe. Could have been real time or turn based, but it did have that overhead isometric view that we all know and love.

All I can really remember is that you summoned elemental golems to fight on your side. The thing is, I seem to recall these being mapped to the C-buttons on the N64 controller, but I've looked over the N64 release list and nothing is sparking a memory. That's all I can remember. :v:

This sounds a lot like a game that came out for the gamecube at or around launch, called Lost Kingdoms.

YamataNoOrochi
Oct 24, 2005

Zombie Food posted:

It's an old windows 3.1 game.. I remember the main character was a chick named Vasquez, with a military rank (Lieutennant?). It was a top-down game where you drive a car that reminds me a bit of a vulture from starcraft and battle other cars on the road in a city. In the end of the first episode, she gets blown up somehow and comes back in the second episode as a cyborg.

Traffic Department 2192. I played this game way too much.