Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

The game was set in like a pacman style maze. You moved a triangle around that shot bullets and you fought against another triangle who did the same. I remember sometimes the enemy triangle would fire a heat seeking missile at you. I keep wanting to say it was Flashmaze but that was just an old BBS doorgame but this game was strictly DOS I think. Ancient game, probably very early 90s if not very late 80s.

Speaking of which I wonder if this is the same game that GaoGaoStegosaurus is thinking of.

edit: Oh yeah I asked my older brother a few years back (he was the one playing it on our 286) what that game was and he replied Spectre (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spectre_(computer_game)) which obviously wasn't right because Spectre is 3d, not overhead view.

Social Animal fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Aug 13, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Mr Scumbag posted:

This game was kind of like worms but with planets and spaceships. You chose your weapon and chose the trajectory and fired.

Each player was situated on a planet and the larger the planet, the stronger the gravitational field. You also had shields you could configure and this game had a weapon editor.

I actually found this game for a while but I've since forgotten the name yet again.

Warheads, great game. :shobon: http://www.warheads.net/

GaoGaoStegosaurus posted:

Yup. This is the one. I would dearly love to fire her up once again for some triangle-action.

At least I now have an ally in my quest.

Just wondering, but was the game windowed like it was on Windows OS or was it DOS? My brother and I can't seem to recall anymore but he's starting to lean towards windowed. Also was the triangle you controlled blue and the enemy gold? The color was probably just preferences and stuff though. I also remember that you could buy weapons too so gently caress what are we going to do man? I'm dying for this game haha.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

GaoGaoStegosaurus posted:

I've been looking for a game for years; kudos to anyone who can name it:

It was a PC pre-Windows overhead-view vector graphics multiplayer 'tank' game. Your tank was a triangle. You could buy weapons at the end each level, such as spread-shot, etc. It could be played with at least two players using the same keyboard. There were computer controlled players that could be added.

My friend, I have found it. Destruction Zone: http://www.digitalscores.com/dzone/

Let me know if that's the one. It's a little underwhelming though since it's not exactly how I remembered it. I get the feeling that it might not be the right game but it is.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Bieeardo posted:

This is a really long shot, but could it be H.E.R.O?

It sounds like it to me too. Man I loved that game growing up.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Zerstorung posted:

Here's are a few that have been bugging me for some time:

1) An old Action Platformer for the PC from the late 80s or early 90s, I think it was shareware or had a shareware version. The game was level-based, and I believe it played similarly to the Commander Keen series, but with a distinct focus on zombie/monster enemies.

The title sequence had the screen covered in a downward flow of blood, and I think I remember having to collect items which could interact with the level to open up areas, one or more of which took place inside a house. There was probably a graveyard level too. And for whatever obscure reason I think glue was a recurring item.

2) A 2-player PC game (from one of those 2000 game collections) that had vaguely similar gameplay to Gauntlet. The screen would switch to and from a splitscreen mode in a disruptive way when the players would seperate and rejoin. Between levels, players could buy guns or chainsaws (for melee attack strength) as well as health(?).

1. Dangerous Dave 2/3 maybe?

2. Cyberdogs?

Just a few guesses to what came to mind immediately.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Ota_Himuro posted:

Anyone remembers a PC game from about 93-94 which was a kind of "minigame compilation" with a minigame that consisted of packing stuff to luggages in ways so it would fit. Supposedly in later levels there was more than one luggage involved. I know it's not much info to go by, but who knows.

Edit: It might've been suitcase instead of luggage

Ugh I think this was already posted in this thread but I can't remember the drat name. I remember seeing photos of it on mobygames just the other week too.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Rock Tumbler posted:

That might have been Flashback.

I agree I think that's it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Anuv posted:

I played this Battleship game probably 6/7 years ago. It had regular boring battleship, but the other mode was really neat. You had dozens of classes of ships in an isometric battlefield, it was RTS/turn based sorta. You had islands with resources like cruise missiles, oil, whatever. They were neutral most of the time. And it had fleets of ships and planes and carriers and stuff. Missile launches and attacks had FMV-like clips that'd play really quick. Can't remember it.

I remember playing the demo to this, I think on a PC Gamer demo disc from back in the day. If no one can name it I guess I'll dig up the discs.