Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Watrick posted:

There was an arcade game I used to play years ago, I'm guessing 1990 give or take a few years. It was similar to Magic Sword, but you got money and could buy weapons and upgrades. I think (could be wrong on this) your weapon was a blade on a rope that you threw forward.

Any help on this would be appreciated, I've been trying to figure out what this was for a year now.

Black Tiger?

If this is right, then that means I'm far, far too good at these threads and have a near-photographic memory when it comes to games I've only played once or twice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Ms. Chanandler Bong posted:

My memory of this is just so faint because I was so young, but it was an fps possibly with lasers, possibly set on the moon, released mid-early 90s, Doom time I guess. Worth a shot.

By any chance was it... Rebel Moon Rising? Google that name, especially image search. It's ultra-obscure, and I'm surprised even I remember it, given that I only played a demo of it for about five minutes, many, many years ago.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

I've asked this in every thread like this so far, but nobody remembers it..

Okay, an *old* graphical adventure game for DOS. 320 x 200 resolution, good EGA or poor VGA (more likely) graphics, but looked primitive however you sliced it.

The screen layout was a fairly low-res image of your current scene (first-person usually, I believe). On the right side of the screen was a panel of actions. In the bottom-left was the text description of what was going on.

The game was set in space - possibly on Mars - and you played as both an astronaut and a little robot, alternating between them to solve puzzles. The astronaut guy had limited air supply, so you had to solve stuff quickly in some cases. I think there MIGHT have been a third playable character - an alien - but I may be wrong.

I remember as a kid that the opening stretch was really stressful because you've got limited air, and have to get indoors before you run out, but there's security systems to make you waste time. I think you could use a laser pistol as space-guy to shoot stuff, but it was seldom useful.

It wasn't realtime - it played out like a text adventure with graphical elements, effectively.

Any clue?