Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Paging West Ham Sandwich, who was looking for Congo's Caper in the last one of these threads. Don't think my response was seen before the thread died.

Lacool posted:

My friend gave me this gave for Sega genesis, you were a kid with a soccer ball and the soccer ball was like your main weapon/device I think. The opening level was in a neighborhood with power lines and stuff and you would just walk right/left like a platformer, though I don't remember much jumping.

Are you certain it was Genesis? It sounds a lot like Soccer Kid, which was ported to nearly every other console, but not Genesis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

MysteryVortex posted:

Marko's Magic Football?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qyG27hpsGDU

Holy poo poo, that's the most blatant ripoff of a game I've ever seen. They didn't even have the decency to give the kid a different kind of ball or something.

\/\/\/ Street Rod

A FUCKIN CANARY!! fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Aug 9, 2008

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

First Time Caller posted:

This one goes way back. It was a game or simulation or something for the Commodore 64, where you like, track the weather or something. I was like 6 at the time and had no fuckin idea how it worked but i thought it was cool as poo poo.

Couldn't find any gameplay screenshots, but this looks likely.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

mutata posted:

No, sorry, I forgot to mention that it was for PC.

Edit: Plus the beetle buggies in this game were old-school off-road baja beetles like this one:

http://www.speedace.info/speedace_images/baja_blue_vw_beetle.jpg

1nsane?

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

OneEightHundred posted:

Ancient Mac shareware/freeware game, was some sort of tank combat game that was mainly oriented towards multiplayer, was 2D tile-based, and it had pillboxes.

Probably the Mac incarnation of Bolo.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

midge posted:

I'm not sure if you are saying the answer was right or not. Your comment implies it was the wrong answer but looked like a rip off of the game you actually wanted.

It is Soccer Kid? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Czw_VPXA_bE&feature=related

The games have the same ball because that was the colours of a match ball for years beforehand.

Huh? I thought the other guy was looking for Soccer Kid and I didn't know that this one existed.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Neo Rasa posted:

It's the totally rad Darius Gaiden. There's a very common PC port also if you don't want to get the PSX/Saturn version.

It's also emulated by MAME, which is the best version due to the awesome music.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

jesus_rocket posted:

I remember having an awesome side scrolling game about a kid on a hoverboard, i think he had a pelletgun and was fighting evil space bears, it was an old game, i think around the commander keen era. If anyone had any clues i would be very grateful!

That would be Cyril CyberPunk.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Ms. Chanandler Bong posted:

My memory of this is just so faint because I was so young, but it was an fps possibly with lasers, possibly set on the moon, released mid-early 90s, Doom time I guess. Worth a shot.

Chex Quest is all of those things, and even runs on the Doom engine!

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

RedBox posted:

When I was 7 or 8 years old (1992-1993) I was over a friend's house and played a really fun console game. I can't remember what system it was on, but it wasn't Nintendo. Might have been an uncommon system like neogeo or 3DO.

It was really Japanese, colorful, good happy music. You're in the clouds flying around and there's like colorful balls or birds or robots or some poo poo.

What game is this?

Blue's Journey? TwinBee? Toilet Kids? Sexy Parodius? Super Fantasy Zone? Captain Tomaday? Star Parodier?

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

An early version of Linley's Dungeon Crawl?

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

RC Demoral posted:

Ok, I have one, this is an older game:

You played as... earth fighting the martians in a space sim. It would have a system view where you'd build fighters and such, and when you fought you'd take control. The graphics must have been really bad, probably early 90's?

All I remember is you finally defeat them, but the game would keep on going. After a looong amount of days, the martians would come back with a HUGE FUCKOFF ARMADA. I just remember having not saved, saying WTF and quitting.

That game was fun as hell.

Probably too obvious of a guess, but... X-COM: UFO Defense?

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

The Orange Mage posted:

Alright, here's a one that's been puzzling me for years:

Down at the ol' Putt Putt Golf & Games off of State Route 48 a little north of Dayton, Ohio there was a two-seat racing game. The game itself ran on an engine similar to SEGA's Hang-On and Super Monaco series, and featured off-roadish-looking vehicles. The most notable feature I remember is that there were two triggers on the back side of the steering wheel like an XBox360 controller and you could fire some small, lovely looking fireballs to slow down your opponents.

Is it Road Riot 4WD?

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Vendetta77 posted:

You're an intelligent man. I found Tengen on wikipedia and it had a list of their games.

The game is Fantasy Zone for NES, if you're curious,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHUFrxr6Tv4

Thanks bud you're the bomb.

Note that Fantasy Zone got ported to NES twice by two different companies. That video is of the Sunsoft version. Tengen's unlicensed version came out later and is generally considered inferior.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwLB81_P_q4

\/ Yeah, but he linked the Sunsoft version. It's important to note the difference because the Tengen version is pretty disappointing. What if he tried to track down a copy without knowing? The horror!!

A FUCKIN CANARY!! fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Dec 19, 2009

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

csidle posted:

My father is looking to find a game he saw in a game store about 9-10 years ago. He describes it as having been a WW2 simulation, where you didn't participate in battles, but rather, you had a tactical map of Europe and/or the invasion of Normandy. You'd control how many soldiers and tanks to send to the various battles and so on. Anyone got a clue what the name might be?

This could really be any game in the wargame genre, but maybe Hearts of Iron based on the age?

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Emalde posted:

So I've come across some bootleg GBA "hundred games in one!!" deal, and it's crammed with all kinds of different NES games.

One of them is a game that predominately features a rabbit and you play the piano. It has a two player mode where two people can play on the piano thing together, or a vs CPU mode where you pick a background music theme and that plays while the CPU just jams out notes as it plays.

Anyone know what this is?

Ikinari Musician?

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Yodzilla posted:

First game I need remembering was a sitdown dune buggy racing game where you vehicle had a gun. Nothing fancy, just fired straight ahead sort of like Road Blasters but it was just used to slow down your opponents. If you got shot you felt it in your back as the chair you were sitting in would slam something into you. It was pretty drat neat. The game was entirely 2D as well if I recall correctly.

Road Riot 4WD is a possibility here.

Yodzilla posted:

The second game is for a buddy of mine. He swears it's kind of like Chase H.Q. only there are two guys in the car and next to the steering wheel was a gun that you could fire. That's all I have to go off of though.

This pretty much has to be Lucky & Wild.

A FUCKIN CANARY!! fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Oct 28, 2010

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

The proper way to play Lucky & Wild was to have the left player focus on driving while the right player used both guns.

No dice on the typing game, but in my searching I did discover that Mavis Beacon is in no way a real person. It's just a made up name and photos of random "professional" looking black women on the box. Mind blown.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

FelixMeOneMoreTime posted:

SHMUP where you could choose between four or five ships, each with different stats and attack type. The first level you were flying over trees and maybe a river, and it seemed relatively intense in terms of the number of bullets - not as many as Ikaruga or Touhou, I think it was comparable to Jamestown possibly. The graphics were really nice sprites, like the quality of 2D sprites on the PS1. If it helps at all in identifying it, it was in the big arcade on the Las Vegas strip.

I think your best bet is going to be going down the list of reviews over at SHMUPS! and looking for anything that seems familiar. Dimahoo? Gunbird? It really could be anything.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Probably Soviet Strike.

Edit: Welp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Crime Fighter?

A FUCKIN CANARY!! fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Aug 25, 2019