Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

PlesantDilemma posted:

There is an old Diablo clone I played a while back that I would like to know the name of. I got the demo of it on a CD that I got from a magazine. I am pretty sure it came out after Diablo 2 but not too long after. It had a very Asian theme to it, I remember the main character wore armor that made him look like a samurai. Also, the helper NPC mercenary that ran around with you had his own inventory to store things in, and I remember wishing that I could do that in Diablo 2. If any knows the name, that would be cool.

BoonyPC posted:

Hmm I know this one...I remember playing the demo also...Throne of Darkness?...wasn't very impressed really.

I recall that demo too. A quick look at Google or Wikipedia seems to confirm that the character sprites fit the demo, and I'm sure you could look up Gamespot reviews for further images and maybe even a video.

As for another game, I recall one that was an RTS. Not quite the usual sort, but one featuring four races of biological weapons that use genetic engineering to create their units and attach weapons to points on each of the creatures. I don't believe there was any resource gathering, but you did have to control patches of land for something akin to resources, but my memory's spotty on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
Man, I've got an itching for an old game, but here I go, plumb forgetting the title. And I'll probably have more patience with this thing now than 10 year-old me had back then.
  • The game is an old RTS with a directly top down perspective, as wont be the case for these older RTS's, rather than isometric.
  • The game was released in medio 1990-95 or so, and was made by a Dutch studio. It was actually decently translated, voice-overs weren't too bad. In English, that is.
  • The game was set in a light-hearted post-apocalyptical setting, where man began to reform tribes on the dovetails of forgotten technologies. Tribes had to fend off against other tribes and roving brigands while trying to gather as much food as possible in the earlier missions.
  • Technologies were set along three paths of development, those being war, agriculture and diplomacy, and some units and buildings being dependant on more than one path of development.
  • Units of particular note were a diplomat styled after the Monopoly man (tophat and all), tractors and loving warbears trained from a circus.
Any takers?

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

GhostBoy posted:

Rising Lands? It's from 1997, but sounds like what you are looking for.

If this has a bear on the box, it definitely is.

EDIT: It does. Hahaha. Talk about fast. Cheers man!