Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

First Time Caller posted:

And there was another 3.1 game I played. There were a bunch of robots that asked a bunch of questions and something happened if you answered it right. It had something to do with a tv station or a radio tower or something?

Was it one of the Super Solvers series? I remember being pretty drat shocked when I found out about this game after wasting hours upon hours on it on my Tandy or whatever when I was like 6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

Krang posted:

Looking for a recent PC game, probably released in the last few years or so. It's free or open source. The point of view is top-down, and you're a marble/ball outfitted with all kinds of guns. I think you get a automatic rifle to begin with and you can pick up things like miniguns with a barrel on either side of your marble, rocket launchers, a shotgun, etc. There's a minimap showing where everyone is, including the other team. I think the teams were red and blue and most of the maps I played were capture the flag, but there was a deathmatch mode. The balls gib when you kill them.

I think you're looking for Babo Violent 2?

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

Pseudophile posted:

Action RPG set in the future on the SNES.

Wake up in a morgue, which is about the most fantastic setup for a game ever. Trying to find out who nearly killed you, as well as remember who you are. I remember the interface was clunky, and it had a terrible keyword system to get information from people.

Oh, the music was fantastic.

Not sure about the terrible keyword system, but the rest of it definitely describes Shadowrun.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

cornbeef posted:

I have a game that I need, but I can't recall what it's name is. It's a tile based online paintball game. It was similar to counter-strike in that each match would give you money to buy stuff like paint grenades, smoke grenades, etc. There was a line of sight system in place and fog of war. There were several rounds being played at once so there was a lobby area where people sorta just waited. The graphics were pretty primitive and the game is ancient - it was one of my first online games ever, possibly back in 1995 or so. At the time it was free to play with only around 20-30 players ever on at a time.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane, I used to play the poo poo out of this game when I was like 13. It's Paintball Net of course, and it's been offline for a long long time. When it went down, I believe some people got together and rehosted it or cloned it, and it became High Velocity Paintball. I haven't played HVPB but it looks like it's still active.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

Emillio posted:

This has been bugging me for ages. It's an old pc game where you can become a fish, shark, puffer fish, barracuda or other things in a reef. You had to swim around and find things to eat or else you'd die. You can also be eaten by sharks and other things. I can't remember too much about it. Though, on the left side on the screen, I believe there was a map divided into nine sections to guide you around the reef.

I would be so happy if I could play this game again.

Odell Down Under looks like it fits the bill. I almost missed the microscopic little map (with nine sections) at the bottom of the screenshots.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

Pocket Billiards posted:

I've got a vague one. I'm fairly certain it was on an Amstrad PC and had a single word title. You were a guy in space suit with a helmet that looked similar to the Marines in Warhammer 40k, and you explored what I think was a large abandoned space ship. Kind of like Metroid, but much slower paced and not really any shooting I could recall.

After some digging on MobyGames, the closest thing I could find is Marsport.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

northerain posted:

I remember playing a game on the PC around 1998 or so(I think). It was a top down pseudo strategy game (kinda like Commandos) and it was about pulling off a sucessful Heist or something like that.
It crashed a lot so I never managed to play much. I thought it was called Heist, but google turns up Hei$t, a game in production now.

Might be "The Clue!" aka "Der Clou!" which has a Win32 port here. DOS version at HOTU here.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

nihilocrat posted:

It's a freeware PC game that was introduced to me as "Nethack in Space", and it should only be a few years old. It's a 2d space fighting/trading/exploration game where there are three ships to choose from (maybe more by now) and the universe is randomly generated. One of the ships looked vaguely like Sputnik, I think. I think it has a name that is a common word that would be hard to search for on Google.

Transcendence is what you're looking for.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

Secret Ooze posted:

This one should hopefully be easy.

Im trying to remember a PS2 3rd person shooter that Im pretty sure was the first game to use blind-fire from cover a ton.

I thought it was Killzone, but I just got that from Gamefly, and it is actually an FPS.

Sounds like kill.switch.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

Secret Ooze posted:

Is it even worth checking out? I thought the cover system looked promising.

I only played about 5 minutes of the demo, but it seemed like a decent cover and blindfire gimmick strapped on to a generic third person shooter. Go check out some reviews, I really don't know that much about it.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005
First one sounds like Out of this World (Another World outside the US). The second one is possibly Dare to Dream, by Epic. I never got far enough into it as a kid, but it does have a talking shark in it, and fits your description.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005
That's Toribash.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005
Transcendence maybe?

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

Alabaster White posted:

The game I'm trying to remember had a thread here about a year ago, I think. It was some kinda freeware platformer that was all cutesy and you played as a flower or something, but to advance, you had to find special "warp" spots that took you to an incredibly creepy "dark world". Also, if you collected a bunch of gems or something you got a secret ending. I'm sure someone remembers this.

Eversion.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005
This one? http://www.it-he.org/deus.htm

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

Guy Axlerod posted:

This game I think was for the Genesis, but it could have been for the Master System.

You were given a grid, and could ride along the lines. Your object was to ride along all the lines, thereby lighting them up.

Zoom! on the Genesis.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

Brady posted:

I'm looking for an old RPG. The basic premise was to get powerful and gain allies to eventually fight a spider queen (I think). It has tiles and is viewed from above. It might have had randomly generated elements, but I cant remember. I do remember three distinctive things though- You always started in the same pre-generated town, some of the spells you could cast were AOE and it was represented with a bunch of green squares if you could cast or red if you couldn't, and last it had an expansion you could purchase that featured a frozen/wintery land.

Realmz. Looks like they have released the base game for free if you check their site.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

al-azad posted:

The unique aspect about the game was that you actually rolled virtual dice and saw them flop around the screen.

I came across RuneSword 2 which came out around the same time as RTCW, featured a scenario editor, and had virtual dice rolls. It's been released as open source, too.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

My mom is a slut posted:

Does anyone remember the interactive fiction that came out a few years ago about solving puzzles by 'knock'ing letters out of words, placing them into a bag, and then placing them in other words to change the reality of the game?

Earl Grey I guess?

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

LastCaress posted:

I am looking for a relatively old game (not that old I guess 97-2005?) where the player is in charge of running a videogame company. It's in windows and as far as I can remember all text, and the player can develop games (game engines and then games) and the hardware itself for the games. Kind of like Game Tycoon buy better, and with more text instead of graphics. It's done buy a small company/individual guy or something, probably only available to purchase on the internet.

Thanks!

GameBiz or GameBiz 2.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

Naky posted:

I got one - I've been trying to remember the name of a game where you're a computer AI who discovers its sentience and you have to keep from being discovered by humans.

Endgame: Singularity

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

kyriarchy posted:

I'm looking more for the guy behind a game, except what I have is very vague.

I remember it being talked about in the Games forum a while back but basically it was some guy who self-releases some really lovely games but has a blimp-sized ego to the point where he has a website full of his own trite quotes about success.

(not Derek Smart)

MDickie maybe.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

Grifter posted:

One was sort of like an FPS, but in a medieval setting.

Amulets and Armor maybe. Apparently it has boulder traps, the ability to fly up and down with a potion, and a mission/quest selection screen.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

JohnnyMondo posted:

I'm trying to remember an old PC game, maybe early 90s. Either EGA or VGA, there was a level in the opening where you ride a horse and leap over logs on the ground. And then I remember a lock-picking mini-game that seemed fairly involved.

Hillsfar most likely.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005
Looks like Rome: Pathway to Power.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

Tumwater Breakdown posted:

trying to remember name of an apple shareware game from the early nineties where you shipped things on trains. all i remember was trains coming into station and the cargo disappearing, looking down from a birds eye view. i thought it was called "take the A train" but searching for that led to dead ends.

A-Train which is part of a series called Take the A-Train in Japanese.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

Mooktastical posted:

It was an RTS similar to Starcraft, except that you could customize each unit that was being produced. It would have a release date no later than 1999.

Warzone 2100 or Earth 2150?

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

Hakkeshu posted:

I got one I'd like to remember the name of. It was back in 95 I got my first PC, a friend lent me a point & click adventure about some guy who warps into some comic series and becomes the dark hero with some sexy sidekick, I thought the game was necropolis but I was wrong, I thought it started with a N though.

Noctropolis.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

Tagichatn posted:

This game is probably over 10 years old now but it was a top down game on the PC where you controlled a single vehicle to take out the enemy base. You had a jeep, a tank, a helicopter and maybe one other I can't remember now. The only other thing I can remember was that it had 2 player splitscreen and played classical music when you selected a vehicle. Bumblebee for the jeep, Ride of the Valkyries for the helicopter and In the Hall of the Mountain King for the tank. Any ideas?

Return Fire.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

Buh posted:

There's a game I can clearly picture in my head, yet can't remember anything that gives me any hope of identifying it! I played it in 1990 but it was probably old by then.

The main character was a very basic pink and blue sprite and was supposed to be an astronaut - Captain something or other. Graphics were very basic, of the era were you still picked CVA/VGA/EGA. The music was a horrible tinny version of classical music (but then so was everything back then).

The one detail I remember is it had lots of enemies that were too low to the ground, so your bullets would fly over them. You had to get a corkscrew powerup so your bullets would bounce down at hit them. It had at least one sequel. I'll be amazed if anyone gets this.

Looks like The Adventures of Captain Comic. Didn't seem like it at first, but a walkthrough on gamefaqs says that there's a corkscrew powerup which does exactly what you described.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

Hakkeshu posted:

Had to format my PC so I need the name of a game I had bookmarked. There was a thread on here about it. It's some 2d space 4x game or something that has giant space scorpions and poo poo, name anyone? Thanks in advance.

Searching google for "space game 4x scorpion" turns up Distant Worlds.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

Apple2o posted:

The game i'm trying to remember was for the xbox.

It was a FPS where you controlled a seemingly normal dude who wakes up on a bed. Que amnesia plot and whoa surprise the military busts in and you spend a few hours running from them. Then in an 'unexpected' twist the game swapped the bad guys from generic army people to generic zombie people who's defining feature is annoying the piss out of you by blocking all your attacks with hexagons.

Then your hand becomes a magic hexagon and you proceed to punch, kick, and shoot the poo poo out of an army of the zombies while your hexagon hand grows in power.

Eventually your hexagon hand makes you start going crazy, and the game culminates with you fighting another hexagon-handed dude in an absolutely amazing final boss fight.

Breakdown I think.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

Anjow posted:

I didn't know what Boulder Dash was, but it does seem to be a clone of that. It isn't any of the Repton ones though, they seem to have a man rather than a character that looks like Kirby. As many games as are there, I don't actually see the one I'm thinking of on that list :(

Take a look here. There are lists of freeware and commercial Boulder Dash clones for different platforms, maybe the one you're looking for is on there.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

Serious Michael posted:

A 3D RTS, I'm guessing '04 or '05, I only played the demo but mostly it was economy based, perhaps the full version had more combat, it was a western RTS and the demo involved building your ranch, hiring cowboys, trading with the town, and so on.

Far West maybe.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

Der-Wreck posted:

I'm also looking for an arcade shooter. It was a ghostbusters knockoff with three guns, the one in the middle being the biggest. It was a rails shooter that went around hunting ghosts. I sort of remember one level where you were driving through a city fighting ghosts. Another was a graveyard with zombies that would pop up on the screen and there may have been a sewer level. I think it may have been by Sega?

Laser Ghost maybe. More info from Wikipedia.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

Televisio Frankus posted:

I would greatly appreciate some help in trying to figure out the name of an SNES game. It had a similar design to Cybernator, but you could exit your mech and enter other mechs. I also remember it having multiplayer.

Metal Warriors most likely.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

al-azad posted:

PS1, 3rd person sci-fi adventure. The beginning has you as this bearded dude that steps out of a cryotube butt naked. You meet up with a robot (whose name I think was teepo or something weird like that) and walk around fiddling with keypads and poo poo. The two distinct things I remember from the game are A) the main characters nudity in the intro (first time I've ever seen a polygonal dick in a video game) and B) a scene where a door comes slamming down on the protagonist, nearly chopping him in half, and you have to play as the robot or something to find medical aid.

OverBlood. Didn't see any nudity in the two youtube videos I glanced at though.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

Cosmo Clock 21 posted:

Here's a weird one. Today upon going home I find some crumpled pieces of paper on my desk with cheat codes from various N64 games. This one has been giving me trouble as to which game it's from. As I apparently wrote years ago:

code:
PAD: Z B cU D, STICK: L R,
PAD: U [R] Z A

Snowboard Kids 2. That cheat unlocks every character, board, and level.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

GonSmithe posted:

All I can remember is that it was a game about a ninja. It was almost certainly a ninja, but not like Ninja Gaiden. He sort-of had a big head, and I'm pretty sure his outfit had a green tint to it.

The other element of the game I can remember is that (at least in the first few levels, I don't know how far I got into the game) the background was candy. Like, giant icecream cones and things like that.

Zool, maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

rvdleun posted:

It looked like a fairly old 2D isometric game. You were stranded on an island and had to quickly find food and water, and build a shelter else you wouldn't survive for long. Over time, you could start building a garden to survive and such, while using rocks to build a S.O.S. signal. Each day, you had a certain percentage chance of being spotted by a passing airplane. The island you were stranded on was randomly generated, and I recall there being some extra subquests as well, like finding a buried treasure.

Schiffbruch, maybe?