Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

The Incredible Ed posted:

It was definitely for the Apple IIe, because it's the only actual computer I had at the time. I was super young when I was playing it, so I couldn't figure out a lot.

I think you were some kind of spy, and the graphics were very nethacky when it started. You were in some room, and you had to escape. You ended up in another section, which was a nethacky town, but there were actual spaces instead of dots (I think) to signify what position you were in.

The weird thing is, when you went into a certain room, it turned into this text-adventure interface, and I seem to remember being told to confess? It was extremely creepy to my 7-8 year old self.

I think this is The Prisoner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

Kakumei posted:

There was a (indie?) game for the PC recently (last few years) where you were this little totem-guy running/rolling down a cave jumping on platforms as the cave collapses and stuff, it was fast-paced and short and fun as hell.

What the hell is the name of this game I can't remember.

Igneous.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

Genpei Turtle posted:

Japanese freeware action-RPG

The Ruins of the Lost Kingdom maybe?

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

Fatty Patty posted:

I'm thinking of a goon made RPG, possibly done using RPG maker. All the character portraits etc were hand drawn. I can't remember much about the game except that it had a REALLY awesome card game. Any ideas?

Last Scenario?

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

Voodoofly posted:

I played this game in roughly 2005. It was basically an ecosystem simulator where you could create creatures with different attributes (metabolism, speed, size, special attributes, etc.) and watch the Darwinian process at work. It was multiplayer in that your ecosystem was your screen, but you could connect to other players and it would create a new ecosystem that bordered your own. A few random details:

- The default images for the creatures sort of looked like multicolored ladybugs.
- I think that two random plants (red and blue) were the only naturally growing food in the ecosystem.
- You could have different "climates" (I remember grass, sand and snow) which had certain effects on the creatures.
- Really large and really small animals could only be herbivores.
- Creatures from other players could be saved in your queue, but you couldn't see their specific stats.
- When I played, there was some rear end in a top hat Animaniac's looking creature that would just wreck everything if you connected to someone who had them.

Thanks in advance for any help.

This was called GooGrid but it looks like the owner's website has been abandoned, along with the discussion forum. The last time I checked, the creator had said that he didn't have the time to maintain the game anymore, and the game server had been offline for a while at that point. I did a little googling but I couldn't find any sort of site or forum trying to resurrect the game.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

ClearAirTurbulence posted:

I played a game a few years back on the PC, where you ran a building demolition company.

Operation Cleaner 1 or 2?

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

Vargs posted:

When I was a kid I had some sidescrolling fantasy game for the NES. The intro had a fairy in it. I cannot remember a single other thing about it.

Take a look at Astyanax, maybe the screenshots will look familiar.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005
Stranded or Stranded 2 maybe?

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

Transistor Rhythm posted:

Trying to remember an early 90's CD-ROM PC game. Mars-themed, "Mars" somewhere in the title. I think it was first-person graphical adventure type.

Cydonia - Mars: The First Manned Mission could be it.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

Gann Jerrod posted:

A few years back I watched a Let's Play of a 2D, top down game on the PC (I think). The story was that you were chosen by some kind of energy beings to kill men who has gotten evil alien type guys inside them. I remember that you had to sneak into a TV studio to kill a person by dropping a spotlight on them from the rafters, and the last boss was killed by luring him onto the path of a train.

Dreamweb.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

Kolodny posted:

I'm trying to remember this older PC space sim, where you controlled a single ship and explored a procedurally generated universe. There was no fighting, no trading, it was all exploration. You could walk around the ship, control it to land on planets, and I think you may have been able to exit the ship and walk around the planets. It was incredibly low resolution, and the controls were almost Battlecruiser-level complicated. It's name may have started with an N, but barring that it had pretty unique name.

e: maybe barking up the wrong tree, but I think the name started with "Nae-", or had "ae" somewhere in there

Noctis IV.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

Chthon posted:

caveman side-scrolling spearhead chipping minigame

Sapiens without a doubt.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

door Door door posted:

May have not actually been a full game and more of a tech demo, but I remember playing something about seven years ago that was a vertical shmup where you designed the boss and then got to fight it. I remember specifically that you were able to make different parts of the boss destructible.

There is a shmup called Fraxy with a boss editor, is that what you're thinking of?

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

Brady posted:

Anyone remember a game, released in the late 90's I think, that was a free-for-all battle type game with different types of characters; a rambo-like human, an alien, a robot, and a few others. I think one of the characters could fly via a propeller hat, or something. The game itself was sorta violent, but it was a side view 2d platformer with cartoonish(?) graphics. There was also a sort of adventure mode where you would choose one of the characters to play (or maybe it was random) and the game would give you different "challenge maps" to complete. I think the name of the game starts with "X", but I'm not sure.

XEvil.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

Cynical Tyrant posted:

There was this freeware point to click adventure game I am trying to remember where you were this dopey little nerd who has to gather his friends for a DnD game. You start in your room and you have to climb down your window to escape being grounded or something.

No Action Jackson

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

Just Offscreen posted:

This has been driving me crazy! It was a windows 95 game- or something from about that era. It was a simulation game- but it was for an office environment, but it could also have manufacturing equipment and such in it. You hired workers and created and sold items. It had a one word name- something about business, or some kind of business lingo. It wasn't by maxis or any company I can remember.

Free Enterprise?

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

Spiteski posted:

Second is a offroader game that was around a similar time, may have been another PC mag disc but it was a large open world and I clearly remember you would get to the "edge" and they would just be horrendously large cliffs. I'm not 100% sure but if you could clip/climb your way to the top of the cliffs you'd get catapulted back into the map. I distinctly remember there were motorbikes and possible buggies of some description. This was all in third person perspective.

This is almost certainly Motocross Madness (1 or 2).

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

MockingQuantum posted:

Last one was a top-down tactical rpg (think Shining Force style) that had an absolutely massive number of character creation options, if my memory is to be believed. I think you made your entire party, and could have quite a few characters, and there were a lot of non-traditional (for the time) races and classes, like I'm pretty sure there was one, if not two, catpeople races, and demons, and etc. I think I had a catperson warlock who fought people with nunchakus. I don't remember the game necessarily being good, or well written, or even finished, for that matter.

Is this one Realmz?

https://www.mobygames.com/game/realmz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

Pulsarcat posted:

Okay, this is an odd one

Pyrosaurus maybe?