Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
I played an RTS game for the computer back in the day. I think it came out around 1998-2001 or so. I remember starting with cavemen then having your cavemen go pick berries or something. Also you could send it after a deer and he would pull out a spear and try to kill it. Then the animal would die and you'd have to delegate cavemen to go harvest its meat. I remember killing an elephant or something and harvesting meat forever all the way across the map. I'm pretty sure its not Empire Earth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
I remember playing a game on my Macintosh as a kid in the early 90's. I think it had many different games or videos to watch. Two things I remember about it is watching a video of strange simply drawn creatures that had heads with an 'm' shape or conversely a 'w' shape and they would make my interlocking their heads. Also there was a game where two men sat opposite each other at computers each controlling a disk that would roll around a track above them. There were buttons to change the shape of the track from two circles to a figure 8 and back again. Powerups would spawn inside the track that could be shot to gain access to different guns like machine gun, cannon, big pirate fireblaster thing that you shoot from the disk. The objective of the game was to shoot the opposing players disk. I'm not sure if those descriptions made any sense, and maybe they are two separate games! I was pretty young when I was playing this.

Edit: I found the name of the weird game with many different activites: Rodney's Wonder Window. The rail shooter game seems to be a different thing entirely and I'd like to know the name of it.

Edit2: The other game was MovoD II

barkbell fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Oct 14, 2013

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
I remember having a fold out poster (one that came as an ad in the box of another game) for game gear or genesis. It was real dark with screencaps and at the bottom was an illustration of a guy in a mask with a bloody chainsaw and maybe a bloody sword too. What game was this advertising?

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
I was looking at splatterhouse poster ads this morning thinking that might be it... I don't think so? I remember the masked guy having a dark mask like it was a respirator or gas mask kinda...

I guess it could have been for snes as well? Maybe snes ads were stuck in game gear or genesis boxes.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof

The Joe Man posted:

Look up Chakan The Forever Man in the case your memory might be getting muddled. Also check primarily Game Gear games; they included a lot more posters with their games than Genesis ever did.

hmmmm mabye this is it