Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

secretplot posted:

There was a game with a monkey with big lips who'd run around shooting fireballs from his mouth.

Probably Toki: Going Ape Spit.

edit: gently caress you I have a link so I win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weedle
May 31, 2006

zephialx posted:

This game was one of the early Nintendo 64 games. I remember renting it when the local video store still had Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis games on the shelves. Basically you controlled these robots that were kind of like construction vehicles. I think some of them might have transformed, some of them didn't. Not too sure on the actual premise of the game though.

Blast Corps?

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Inverse square posted:

Extremely old game that was said to be very compelling. Boxart featured a guy looking into the distance with a few pictures behind him. Had a very long and no-brainer kind of title. I think it may have been adventure or text based. I just heard someone say it was extremely extremely good.

A Mind Forever Voyaging, I bet. It is extremely good.

You can download it (along with every other Infocom game) here. (these games are all available on the Underdogs btw)

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Slickdrac posted:

Here's one that I doubt is findable at all. It was a 5 player game, but the other 4 were all computers. You built and launched missiles and used missile defense. I think there was something to do with religion or maybe government styles in it too, but it wasn't available in the demo. Each player could choose one of the real leaders of real countries, but their names were altered to be amusing. This was on some online flash site, but you could buy it for $10 or something and unlock everything and play it offline.

That sounds like a copy of New World Computing's Nuclear War.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

raaaaagh I'm the double post monster

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Jaaam posted:

Does anybody remember this... I think it was an rpg, from the late 90s. It tried to incorporate a realistic simulation of melee combat, so you had to aim at different body parts, and block your own from attacks. It was insanely hard. Ring any bells?

Die by the Sword

Weedle
May 31, 2006

RagingBoner posted:

About 10 - 15 years ago, I remember my friend showing me a game not unlike Abe's Oddysee where the character interacted with environmental puzzles to progress. It also had rotoscoped graphics, and the first level was a jungle, I think.

He was playing it on a computer running DOS... The only other thing I remember is that to get past one of the sections, you had to pick up a rock and drop it from above in between two guards, who, upon hearing the rock land, promptly turned and shot each other. It was delightful.

That might have been Flashback.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weedle
May 31, 2006

senator stvee posted:

Something like a year and a half ago, I saw a trailer for a game which may or may not have actually been released since. Best I can remember, it was all black silhouette with fairly colorful blurry backgrounds. I remember a guy walking through a forest and then jumping around on some gears in a factory. Here's a terrible reproduction of the latter.

Anything? My guess is ten dollar indie PC game, but I've got nothing on the title.

That's Limbo, the website for which is still around but hasn't been updated for years. I don't think it's ever coming out :(