Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Fifteenth Pen
Jun 2, 2006
Yes.

Rikimaru posted:

Yes! You are awesome! Thank you!!!

That was actually the sequel to Rocket Knight Adventures, which I can't recommend highly enough. It was IMO the best game on the Genesis. The gameplay mechanics worked perfectly, and it was really challenging without hitting you with cheap shots. It had really awesome music, too. Unfortunately, I didn't think the sequel was anywhere near as good. Felt pretty bland by comparison. The SNES Sparkster, which is actually a completely different game, is pretty sweet, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fifteenth Pen
Jun 2, 2006
Yes.
Not getting my hopes up, but I vaguely remember this arcade game in about the early '90s that had this green living planetoid thing with like... a trunk, and it and the accompanying music creeped me out big time as a kid. I _think_ the gameplay was similar to Asteroids. I do know it's in space. (I know, that doesn't really narrow it down.)

The Fifteenth Pen
Jun 2, 2006
Yes.
Sorry if it got answered the last time I asked it, but I missed it and it was over a year ago if it did get answered.

There was this game in arcades in the early '90s that was an Asteroids clone (I think, possible it was a Sinistar clone, but I'm leaning towards Asteroids) and it had this weird, fugly living planetoid thing with crater-like trunks that I think it used to shoot stuff at you. That thing scared the living poo poo out of me as a kid, so I'd like to know what game it was for posterity. The graphics were, IIRC, around the level of a 16 bit console.

The Fifteenth Pen fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Nov 27, 2009

The Fifteenth Pen
Jun 2, 2006
Yes.

beef express posted:

Blasteroids.

Sweet! Thank you! Now I shall at least know the name of what haunts my dreams. *shudder*

The Fifteenth Pen
Jun 2, 2006
Yes.

al-azad posted:

Heretic Kingdoms begins in a desert land and it's one of those games that's sort of tossed around in random bargain bins.

No it doesn't. In fact there's only one area that's vaguely desert-ish, and it's hardly much of a desert, at least from what I've played of it, which I think was a fairly large portion. It starts out in a ruined monastery and immediately goes on to a nice grassland town and forests.

The Fifteenth Pen
Jun 2, 2006
Yes.

Capilarean posted:

I've got a bit of an obscure one. It's an old game,2D isometric strategy/RPG game,where you played this wizard guy and a big point of the game was that you could summon monsters to fight for you. That's about all I remember aside from the fact that your health was represented by a character portrait and there was a bit of a gimmick where the portrait would age as you progressed in the game.

Well, it could be Geneforge, but the aging portrait thing isn't in Geneforge, so I'm probably wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fifteenth Pen
Jun 2, 2006
Yes.

DebonaireD posted:

Holy smokes, I think this might actually be it! Thank you so much. It looked a lot nicer in the catalog, or maybe it was just my 10 year old eyes.

Just in case that isn't it, I didn't see anyone mention Realmz yet: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Realmz

The demo of that one was pretty easy to come by, and it sounds a lot like your initial description.