Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Winters Holy Hand posted:

Well the stretch goals may not matter much. Rogue One is up for preorder.

Thought the sketch goal was for Last Jedi?

By the way, the backer rewards for the shorts are up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrimsonAuthor
Nov 14, 2006

Rirse posted:

e: nm, I just now got my survey email. Guess they go in waves.

CrimsonAuthor fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Apr 28, 2017

Winters Holy Hand
Mar 10, 2007
Threadkiller
Hair Elf

Rirse posted:

It was along with It's a Wonderful Life but I suspect we might see them as releases even though those goals weren't reached. Actually I wouldn't be surprised if Last Jedi is a reward for next year's Kickstarter.

New short is this week's release.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

I always thought the reward was getting these riffs for free, and not making a special release just for the campaign.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I don't get people making a show of not backing the Kickstarters as if not spending a buck was a meaningful statement.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Oh cool, I didn't know you could watch Pluto free without signing up.

Also, there's a Minecraft channel, haha.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
Trying to watch Samurai Cop on Amazon and the sound balance is terrible, I can barely hear the movie when the riffs are way loud. Is this an Amazon thing or a Samurai Cop thing?

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Unkempt posted:

Trying to watch Samurai Cop on Amazon and the sound balance is terrible, I can barely hear the movie when the riffs are way loud. Is this an Amazon thing or a Samurai Cop thing?

The version of Samurai Cop I have downloaded from Rifftrax seems fine to me, no complaints.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

Unkempt posted:

I watched that on Prime last week and didn't notice any issues with it.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
Well, I watched Hillbillies in a Haunted House and Hideous Sun Demon instead and they were okay, so, um I dunno.

(I mean okay re the sound levels, obviously. I had no idea Basil Rathbone sank that low.)

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I kind of wish they hadn't edited most of the musical numbers out of Hillbillys in a Haunted House, but boy, I can't blame them for doing so.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
My Rifftraxpalooza continues. I watched Drag Me To Hell last night and lost it when the goat got possessed and then the assistant flew up in the air and started dancing. Lot of great riffing about the straight-from-central-casting Gypsy woman. It seemed that Christine was remarkably calm after having the Gypsy woman suck on her lower jaw repeatedly.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

It's time again for the yearly Completely Unofficial RiffTrax Best of the Worst Fan Poll!

https://goo.gl/forms/wsrisysjs7NP4Lmf2

We've added a category for Bridget & Mary Jo, and are asking for up to five favorites in each category instead of only three.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

On Saturday night I got home and tried that Pluto channel, got to see Rock N Roll Nightmare and watched the first half hour of Roller Gator! That's some good stuff to happen to catch!

Also showed somebody The Room rifftrax recently, still a classic.

Drag Me To Hell ruled and was hilarious as is, haven't seen it with the riff yet.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Related:

If you missed out on getting Cinematic Titanic releases the first time, the complete set is coming out in August.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

It's only 6 discs so I wonder if it doesn't have the live shows. I missed out on the last one or two live releases.

Edit: box art says 12 movies so I guess they crammed two episodes per disc. Oof...

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Ballz posted:

It's only 6 discs so I wonder if it doesn't have the live shows. I missed out on the last one or two live releases.

Edit: box art says 12 movies so I guess they crammed two episodes per disc. Oof...

I bought a few of the original DVDs and they were single layer, so, assuming they're dual-layer, there shouldn't be a problem.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

RandomPauI posted:

I don't get people making a show of not backing the Kickstarters as if not spending a buck was a meaningful statement.

If you let companies know you won't give them your money and it hurts their bottom line they may change. Some people may not like Rifftrax crowd funding something they could easily get a business loan for. It's silly in the case of Rifftrax as your money back in product and then some, but I can understand the sentiment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
I just realized that there are two Rifftrax threads now, and since this one is pretty old I'm gonna close it. Have fun in the new one!
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3817756

• Locked thread