Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I haven't watched any of the riffs but I am going to get into them tonight. I only have enough money for one movie though and I might do Top Gun, but I don't really feel like watching it again. I've been in an X-Men mood lately, is that riff any good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Graham Wellington
May 8, 2008

by Fragmaster

Jingleheimer posted:

I haven't watched any of the riffs but I am going to get into them tonight. I only have enough money for one movie though and I might do Top Gun, but I don't really feel like watching it again. I've been in an X-Men mood lately, is that riff any good?
Yup. You probably won't go wrong with any of the cheesy summer blockbuster riffs. All the comic book ones are great especially.

Killfast37
May 7, 2007
I bought the Grudge riff last weekend and took it over to a friends house. There was an audience of six people and there was constant laughing, to the point where we had to rewind to catch lines we missed. I can't watch regular comedies anymore, because they can't guarantee high quality laughs like Rifftrax can. I'm going to try that Iriff think with a couple of friends, even though we will fail completely it should be fun.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Jingleheimer posted:

Firewall is pretty good mainly because of how absurd the movie is to begin with and then gets later on.

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007
I watched Firewall (minus the riff) on HBO last week and my god was that movie painful. Harrison Ford trying to pass as someone who even knows how to use a computer is laughable.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

You mean when he does stuff like hook up part of a fax machine to an iPod and tapes the whole thing to a computer screen in an effort to steal bank information?

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
I also liked the fact that Chloe from 24 is the PA to the vice-president of a bank, yet is apparently so badly paid that she has to live in a crack house and drives a lovely old car that barely runs.

Oh, and the world's best wifi connection! And the villain who to teach Harrison Ford a lesson kills one of his own men! And death by blender!

MisterFister
Jul 6, 2003

Sticking it to THE MAN, assuming THE MAN is an innocent casual dining restaurant.
Hey I just met Mike Nelson, Kevin Murphy, and Bill Corbett at Stone Brewery, I didn't loving have my camera with me when I met them but I got to chat with Mike and tell the rest how influential they were to me growing up. Me and my family used to watch mst3k every Sunday in the eardly 90s when they were on comedy central. Even though I didn't get a pic I am super happy I got to shake each of their hands.

loving amazing.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
All this talk makes me want to watch it again.

Edit: I envy you. I'll probably never meet them.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I live in Wisconsin, so it always made me happy to hear Wisconsin jokes that people out of the state would likely not get.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

GreenNight posted:

I live in Wisconsin, so it always made me happy to hear Wisconsin jokes that people out of the state would likely not get.

I hold the joke about the Taco Bell in Effingham IL close to my heart as I live twenty minutes away from there and have been to that same Taco Bell.

Anyway, We got another twenty wuestions and the new victim is Pirates of the Caribbean!

FelchTragedy
Jul 2, 2002

FelchTragedy.
Internet, I call forth your power!
Let's T_Roll.

Gaseous Snake posted:

I hold the joke about the Taco Bell in Effingham IL close to my heart as I live twenty minutes away from there and have been to that same Taco Bell.

Anyway, We got another twenty wuestions and the new victim is Pirates of the Caribbean!

Pirates 3 and possibly 2 deserve it but I'd rather they did another film than this one.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

FelchTragedy posted:

Pirates 3 and possibly 2 deserve it but I'd rather they did another film than this one.

Well, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom deserved to be Riffed more than Raiders of the Lost Ark, but there you go.

Maybe they'll do the entire trilogy.

GAY
Apr 3, 2003

MisterFister posted:

Hey I just met Mike Nelson, Kevin Murphy, and Bill Corbett at Stone Brewery, I didn't loving have my camera with me when I met them but I got to chat with Mike and tell the rest how influential they were to me growing up. Me and my family used to watch mst3k every Sunday in the eardly 90s when they were on comedy central. Even though I didn't get a pic I am super happy I got to shake each of their hands.

loving amazing.

I really wish I had known they did another event at Stone. I love that brewery. I was lucky enough to meet him there as well the first time he went out for Battlefield Earth. Is there a place where he advertises when he does that kind of thing?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
http://www.rifftrax.com/rifftrax-presents/spiderman-2

Spider-Man 2 is now available featuring Kevin, Bill, and The Comics Curmudgeon, Josh Fruhlinger.

MisterFister
Jul 6, 2003

Sticking it to THE MAN, assuming THE MAN is an innocent casual dining restaurant.

GAY posted:

I really wish I had known they did another event at Stone. I love that brewery. I was lucky enough to meet him there as well the first time he went out for Battlefield Earth. Is there a place where he advertises when he does that kind of thing?

Ya: http://www.stonebrew.com/calendar/#080910

They are showing the Jurassic Park rifftrax this month and he said he might be there.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Just 15 minutes in and this is hilarious:

Aunt May: I'm tired and you'd better start back home.
Kevin: Before I start my drinkin' and my paranoid screamin'.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The world needs more Kevin Murphy songs. At least I think so. So go here, scroll down a bit and enjoy.

http://www.quickstopentertainment.com/2008/08/21/masters-of-song-fu-2-round-1-challenge-voting-begins/

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Deadpool posted:

The world needs more Kevin Murphy songs. At least I think so. So go here, scroll down a bit and enjoy.

http://www.quickstopentertainment.com/2008/08/21/masters-of-song-fu-2-round-1-challenge-voting-begins/
"The moon is a sadist who makes us do evil
Likes us to suffer and laughs when we fall
He whispers that alcohol makes us immortal
Then he shines with delight when we lose it all"

What the gently caress, Kevin.

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof

DoombatINC posted:

"The moon is a sadist who makes us do evil
Likes us to suffer and laughs when we fall
He whispers that alcohol makes us immortal
Then he shines with delight when we lose it all"

What the gently caress, Kevin.

This is great.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Pirates of the Caribbean's now available.
http://www.rifftrax.com/rifftrax/pirates-caribbean-curse-black-pearl
And the sample - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2-WVcja97Q

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin

Gaseous Snake posted:

Pirates of the Caribbean's now available.
http://www.rifftrax.com/rifftrax/pirates-caribbean-curse-black-pearl
And the sample - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2-WVcja97Q

That was a pretty good sample, I'll probably get that one if I can find the DVD for cheap.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
It occurred to me that the one film that practically begs for a good hard riffing is Highlander. Highlander 2 not so much, because, well, kicking a cripple is not exactly sporting, now is it?

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
The site says that The Day After Tomorrow is up next, as a Kevin/Bill job, and while I'm sure the other recent riffs have been all well and good, this one I'm excited for.

That movie was so bad.

SO BAD.

We were wrong.
I was wrong.

l3v3l4outbr3ak
Apr 15, 2006

Are you ready to die?
Here to recommend the Predator riff, as it's a tie with Point Break for my favorite riff.

"Take 2 guns, it'll be way sweeter!"

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Am I the only one who thought the Plan 9 riff was kinda lame? (I got the 3 riffers version)

Although there's not probably much you can do considering the source material.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

fenix down posted:

Am I the only one who thought the Plan 9 riff was kinda lame? (I got the 3 riffers version)

Although there's not probably much you can do considering the source material.

I thought it was. This is only because I ordered the colored Legend Films version which had Mike's commentary on it. After listening to both, I found that they were roughly the same thing.

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!
This is sort of offtopic, but the Rifftones have recorded another song for SongFu called "Do the Ballpoint."

It is one of the best things I ever heard.

Midpage here:http://www.quickstopentertainment.com/2008/09/13/masters-of-song-fu-2-round-2-challenge-voting-begins/

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
The latest Rifftrax Presents - The Day After Tomorrow - is available!

http://www.rifftrax.com/rifftrax-presents/day-after-tomorrow

F4rt5
May 20, 2006

I watched the Episode III one after seeing clips at a mate's house and enjoyed it much more than I thought I would -- I didn't know Kevin was a part of the crew until then, he was always my favourite in MST3K.

I guess I could buy some tracks but, sadly (or luckily) I don't have most of the movies to play alongside the tracks on the site, and I don't want to shell out for lovely movies on DVD. But Mike got the $18 that was left in my PayPal :)

If I get a hold of some of the movies in the list I'll buy some tracks, but most of my mates don't have them either.

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof

JazzmasterCurious posted:

I watched the Episode III one after seeing clips at a mate's house and enjoyed it much more than I thought I would -- I didn't know Kevin was a part of the crew until then, he was always my favourite in MST3K.

I guess I could buy some tracks but, sadly (or luckily) I don't have most of the movies to play alongside the tracks on the site, and I don't want to shell out for lovely movies on DVD. But Mike got the $18 that was left in my PayPal :)

If I get a hold of some of the movies in the list I'll buy some tracks, but most of my mates don't have them either.

The tracks are usually cheap enough to justify just renting the videos and watching once.

I'm looking forward to seeing Day After Tomorrow riffed, but I'm really really not looking forward to seeing the movie again. loving terrible. :argh:

F4rt5
May 20, 2006

Mein Eyes! posted:

The tracks are usually cheap enough to justify just renting the videos and watching once.
Yeah the tracks are cheap, especially with the awesome exchange rate -- but renting a movie here is like $8 a piece so I don't bother.

Savantegarde
May 28, 2006

That was a stupid thing to say. And you're stupid for saying it.

JazzmasterCurious posted:

Yeah the tracks are cheap, especially with the awesome exchange rate -- but renting a movie here is like $8 a piece so I don't bother.

8 bucks!? poo poo you could get a monthly subscription to Netflix for that amount.

F4rt5
May 20, 2006

Savantegarde posted:

8 bucks!? poo poo you could get a monthly subscription to Netflix for that amount.
Hah, a basic subscription here for unlimited movies each month is $16 (one movie at a time) to $30 (three movies at a time). That's what you get for living in the world's most expensive country. And NetFlix does not accept foreign customers (although I haven't tried just entering 90210 in the zip code field...)

Anyway, a mate had Battlefield Earth and I watched that yesterday. Good riff. Awful movie. Had I watched that in the theater I'd walk out at the second "NOOOOOO!"

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
And the new Rifftrax Presents has been announced - Dirty Dancing.

Featuring Cole Stratton and Janet Varney (whoever they are!).

At least I won't have to rent this one - it comes on Encore this week.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Janet Varney has a few guest appearances on TV shows (I remember her being in episodes of Psych and How I Met Your Mother). They're both founders of the SF Sketch Fest so that's probably how they met the Rifftrax crew.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Starting to watch the Spider-Man 2 'trax. First one I've seen in weeks, and it's great so far :unsmith:

Revolvyerom
Nov 12, 2005

Hell yes, tell him we're plenty front right now.
Just starting the "Day after Tomorrow" Riff, so far it's solid. Drugs are like that, too.

Savantegarde
May 28, 2006

That was a stupid thing to say. And you're stupid for saying it.
So I've been re-authoring for quite some time now and the end result has always been pretty good with the exception that I cannot get the subtitles to work. I've been using the guide here and I've been through that entire thread looking for a solution.

Has anyone re-authored with subtitles? How the hell did you do it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Dirty Dancing - another excellent riff for a terrible, terible movie. The 80s have a lot to answer for when it comes to bad movies.

• Locked thread