Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bert Fegg
Sep 3, 2006

Pemmican posted:

They got away with a few "shits" during MST3K: The Movie. Definitely though, they try to keep their material at about PG-13, around the range of a TV-broadcast of an R rated film.

This is one of the things I love about them from a craft standpoint - throwing in "gently caress" is just about the cheapest possible way of getting a laugh, it requires almost no thought or talent at all. Of course it's possible to use swearing cleverly, but that's a rare and special thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bert Fegg
Sep 3, 2006

I think Titanic is in my top five from the past while. This despite it being a freakishly long movie.

Plus, pretty accurate Shane MacGowan impersonation.

Bert Fegg
Sep 3, 2006

Overwined posted:

If he is he's smart enough to keep his politics out of his comedy. This is also something conservatives aren't very good at.

Liberals are? Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty darn left much of the time, but I mean come one, pot/kettle etc.

Mike is a brilliant comedy writer because he accesses his audience deftly regardless of their politics. That's professional.

• Locked thread