Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Meh.com featured a review of Cellar Dweller. Has anyone seen it? Would it be worth riffing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Rick posted:

That's a good deal. I got in the mode of just mindlessly redeeming my codes or I should've given away the Wizard since I already owned that one )=

Ditto but with all but with the other shorts and the feature-length VODs

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Id like a Bridget Sings 1999 ringtone

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Rirse posted:

Due to the Halloween season I am rewatching one of my favorite Riff, Ghosthouse. It just such a bizarre dumb movie.

GHOSTHOUSE! I'M REVOKING YOUR CHARTER!

CaptainYesterday posted:

How did Ham Radio Guy know to light the corpse and doll on fire? Like, you'd THINK it's one of those Poltergeist situations, but nope!

It didn't work because the doll needed to be buried with whoever the doll belonged to first before it was stolen and given to the little girl.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I figured they weren't doing another xmas live since they were doing a Halloween live thing which is a shame because I wanted to take my sister Mary to see I Believe in Santa Claus

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
This is one of the few movies where you can intuitively treat the entire movie as a lobotomized guys dream as opposed to just forcing that meme onto the movie.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Quick reminder, the rifftrax live codes are still valid and the coupons stack with the vote code.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The post-election Rifftrax sale: when suicide is not the answer.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
You could send them an email saying you forgot to apply the coupon code.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I won't be able to make it to the show going on right now. Family stuff. Do they reuse the slides? Do they offer any new codes?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I was worried because of the lack of images but I forgot it was a double feature that'd run until say 10 or 11.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I saw the costume, hoped that the movie was going to be about a vigilante wrestler, and it delivered!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm still on the fence about asking for a refund on one I bought over a year ago at this point just because half of the movie consists of women screaming. But it's still in the store so that must not be an issue for most people.

I'm reasonably sure that I've spent more than $20 a month on Rifftrax for the past...at least the past two years. Not counting Kickstarters and the live shows.

Heaven help me if they ever decide to do an audio-only season on something like Dragnet or Mr. Wizard because then I'd have to buy the riffs AND the episodes themselves.

Edit: What I'm saying is I need a Rifftrax intervention.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It was Dark Power, I was on the fence about getting it or the movie where aliens pretend to be cowboys and everyone ogles the lady dressed up as a sexy "indian".

I probably won't rewatch Last Slumber Party but don't regret getting it either. It's one of the few movies where you could legitimately say "It was all in the guy's head". We meet a violent and dangerous guy about to have his brain worked on and then he goes on a killing spree in ways that don't make a lot of sense. But what if he already had the surgery and he was having a revenge fantasy? The plot contrivances shift from lazy script writing to crazed fantasy.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I bought four things. The second Bridget and Mary Jo special, Wizzo, something about kittens, and something about seatbelts. The only one I couldn't make it through was the seatbelt one. And that's because people's complaints mostly boiled down to variations of it's inconvenient. There was also one person who denied they worked at all because if the seat belt stretches in order to be put on how can it keep from stretching in a crash?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I was old the moment the short said Tea Car. I don't remember which rifftrax person lurks in this thread but I promise I will spend $20 plus the cost of the short if this gets made into a short.

I would do that anyways, to be honest. I have a problem.

I hope we get more MST3K crossovers like the one with Bez in the 2016 holiday special.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I don't remember hearing that line, where's it from?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'd love to have Bridget singing Party like it's 1999 as a ringtone.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
This is from Balloonland but it still applies; "It was a stupider, simpler time."

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
"I Believe in Santa Claus" and "Santa's Villiage of Madness" are two non-live Christmas-time classics. "This is Hormel" is a solid short (About 20 minutes). As for Bridge and Mary Jo stuff I prefer "Life in the Suburbs" over "A Word to the Wives". The latter seems more popular and higher rated though.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
"Home of the Future" has Bridgette singing off key and I find that charming.

Edit: There are a lot of riffs I want as ringtones but that's one I specifically want for a friend.

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Dec 31, 2016

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

ACRE & EQUAT posted:

it's got nothing on individual differences or each child is different

Each child is different is really depressing. Long story short: Each kid has their own family problems and it's up to you to correct for them in your instruction. But you only change how you teach. Because you can't actually do anything about their home lives. With luck you'll get thru to the kids and make their lives better!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

That house of the future short was supposed to be horrifying, right?

The kid and his mom never seem to leave the house or talk to other people, everybody's life is regulated to the smallest detail by a giant computer that the family doesn't even control, microwaved food is the default.

For the first ten minutes or so I was convinced this was actually a horror film and that Wink Martindale and his family were actually the only people left on earth.

I figured it was sincerely optimistic given the time period. The guy still gets roast beef and plays golf. The house does the work but the wife still knows how to cook. The kid might watch cartoons but he still knows how to play chess and still does work out things. Minorities know their place as entertainment for the white race.

Okay, that last sentence is way too harsh on the film. It was also an attempt to show an inclusive environment at a time when a white man kissing a black woman on TV was grounds for some whites to boycott a TV network.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Burkion posted:

Look.

Some one, some where, has some kind of nostalgia for Whizzo.

For some reason

These words are as true for Whizzo as they were for Balloonland. "It was a simpler, stupider time."

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
"Sola pamals! Yoh tawing me apaha!"

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
They have Rifftrax Presents, how about Rifftrax After Dark?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Phone posting, how does it look?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Is there a Batman movie that features sports or something?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Follow-up question re: Oz. Did his son do double-duty as the young Queen?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I happen to think the Brit guys jokes are good but the delivery is too fast paced.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I still hope for a cut of Surviving Edged Weapons.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Which release this month would be the must have movie of the month?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'll go with Day of the Animal once I get the Kickstarter store credit and once there's a sale. Which should be soon, and Easter.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Cardamommy Issues posted:

Disappointed it's not bigger like Men in Black or something. I'll still probably see Samurai Cop but am glad I sat out the Kickstarter this year.

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but it sounds like you're saying something like this; I like that they're doing a thing I'll pay money for but I wont spend a buck upfront even if I get $20 worth of riffs in exchange.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Life in the Suburbs is a solid Mary Jo and Bridget Short. One sentence shout outs to Janet Varney, et. al. should suffice. The mst3k reunion is obligatory.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
How did we miss "This is Hormel"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I don't get people making a show of not backing the Kickstarters as if not spending a buck was a meaningful statement.

• Locked thread