Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Let's not forget the comedy that is Chihuahua. Maybe their channel could/should be added the OP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Pemmican posted:

Yep, I peeped that preview! Wonder if the bleeped out portion near the end is left uncensored in the real commentary.

I just watched the Iron Man Rifftrax last night. There were beeps in the Riff. They won't swear in a Rifftrax if they don't do it in the movie. I think they said they would scale the Riff to the movie's ratings, so if you're watching a PG movie, then it would be PG too.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Savantegarde posted:

Now who didn't see this coming from a mile away...
Why not bankroll on a movie that they can piggyback on and make a significant profit while the timing is right?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Only the MST3K classic "Santa Claus" can match A Visit to Santa's nightmare ride, but while we're on the subject of Christmas shorts, let's not forget Nestor, the Long-Eared Christmas Donkey.

I think you are all forgetting MST3K's Santa Claus Conquers The Martians.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2BdPqYp8TY

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

So it's weird when you buy movies for the Rifftrax that goes along with it. Tonight I might be watching Predator, coincidently. Whenever I buy a Rifftrax I tend to buy a short with it now. Basically I was hoping someone could just shoot off a random suggestion. I already have Are You Popular?, Drugs Are Like That, Good Health Practices, and Trouble With Women.

So, the Predator track is only Mike, but it should still be comedy gold, right?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Plavski posted:

And guys, didn't you forget? They've already done a movie about the Holocaust atrocities. Tell me which one it is for ten whole points.

What is X-Men 1?

Thank you movie, let's not go back there again.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

That movie is so bad I can't even watch it again with a Riff.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Hell yes, they're coming to CT this time, in a theater that's near me (where I want to live actually). Going to rope so many friends into going to this.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Tony Danza Claus posted:

Lord of the Rings 3

I just wish that somehow they could add blank space in the right spots so that I could sync it along with my extended editions.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

:dance:

I can't wait, seeing the live show tonight in Manchester, CT. Didn't get to see the last one, but I have high hopes for tonight.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Manchester, CT had a good turnout. I was worried that no one was coming, then I realized that the show started at 8 instead of 7. So yeah, about 80% theater, pretty drat good turn out, since last time there was only one theater in CT showing the previous one, and there were a few in the state this time.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Are the three christmas shorts that were just release recorded from the live show, or are they re-record using the same/similar jokes? I would like to get the clips/jokes from the event that I saw, otherwise I'll wait for the show to be put on DVD.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Ensign_Ricky posted:

As the last man on Earth to not see Avatar, I suppose I'll have to watch it unriffed first. Or should I watch the riffed version, and screw the unriffed one?

I just watched the unriffed version two days ago, do not bother. You're not going to watch it again, even with a Rifftrax.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Gaseous Snake posted:

I voted for Jack and since I was there, I got the new two short DVDs.

I got their email about the new shorts DVDs, and I was considering buying them. Then I saw there were like 6 shorts DVDs. Is there overlap on these DVDs? Or can I buy them all and have 6 disks with all different shorts on each?

Or do I dare dream for a "Complete Shorts Vol #" collection some point in the future? :ohdear:

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Is there some Rifftrax Live thread or something that I've missed? How can therer be no posts in the last few minutes, let alone days?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Now that I've seen my second live show, I want to buy the Christmas Shorts DVD (the first live show I saw). I was also thinking about buying one of the shorts disks, but I've asked in the forum before, but how much overlap is there between them? If I were to buy all the shorts DVDs, would there be a lot of overlap, or entirely different shorts on each disk?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Wyzt posted:

Oh god, the disappointment on my face when I saw it was the gasoline/wife/fire one. That one line in Grass was the funniest thing of the night, when he turns the skull sculpture towards him.

"WHAT AM I!?!!?"

I thought I was going to die laughing.

If you watch their video that shows the contest winners they end it with that scene.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

So the next Rifftrax Live, House on Haunted Hill, has a date now. October 28th. Broadcasting out of Nashville now.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Hunterhr posted:

I'm the same way with the 'Magneto?' 'Cerebro' in the X-Men movies and 'Spoooooock' in the Star Trek ones.

Maybe I'm just easily amused but I laugh every time.

Cerebro/Magneto is always funny.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

1. Am I an idiot for not knowing who this guy is?
2. Who this guy is?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Behonkiss posted:

It figures that they'd announce a new feature riff right when I started complaining.

Not that I expect it, but they do show the golden owl, so is this the original? I imagine it has to be that crappy remake (that also featured the owl from the original for no reason at all).

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Oh my god, that was one of the funniest that I've been to. I can't wait for this to go on DVD (and Reefer Madness as well). Just a bit disappointed that they didn't announce the next one already, like they did last show.

Turnout in CT was about double of the last showing, however. Hopefully that's a trend that's relative around the country.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I kindof want a Vincent Price shirt that informs people to get their crunk on. And seconding the drawn-out mirror thing (even if I hate the mirror cliche in any movie).

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Not quite the same as seeing them in the theater, but they're doing another Live (Online) Christmas show:
http://www.rifftrax.com/live/online/debut2010

Man, I've got to finish that HTPC...

EDIT: Hopefully this doesn't mean the end of the in-theater shows.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I buy the Shorts DVDs and watch them while I'm on break at work. I just watched "Shy Guy" and it has to be one of the funnier ones, enough to come in here out of context and recommend it to anyone who's been thinking about shorts.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

So I guess in an hour they're streaming the announcement of the Christmas Rifftrax Live Online's (long name) feature selection. Also a short if you tune in. I'm at work so I won't be able to see that.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Via Facebook:

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

$10 makes me wish they had an option for something like "$20 + S&H preorders a disk, and you get the digital copy now". I know this whole thing was changed last minute so there was no way to get a disk out in time, but I wouldn't mind the wait.

Also, Monday I'm bringing last year's Christmas Live special to my friend's house, who've I gotten into RiffTrax. She's seen the latest 2 Live shows with me (speaking of things that need to be on DVD...) but hasn't seen this.

"Rudolph, I need you!"
"WOAH!"

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

So I just saw Tron Legacy and I hope they Riff that very disappointing movie.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I have a friend totally hooked on Rifftrax now. She's seen the last two live shows in theater with me. So she wanted me to stop by to watch the 1986 Jim Henson movie Christmas Toy. I took with me last year's Rifftrax Live Christmas Shorts, and I forgot just how good that was. That's to say, I literally almost died tonight because I pulled a dumbass move and tried to drink some water while watching it.

I'm just glad that I managed to surpress the urge to vomit to try to clear the water out of my windpipe. Might have killed the mood.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

The Christmas Shorts Live show broadcasted around halfway through December and was available for purchase halfway around March, so about 3 months if that's any indication, however we should have had Reefer Madness by now then, and should be getting HoHH soon, by that logic.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

You know what DVDs I want to see?

Goddamn Rifftrax Live: Reefer Madness/House On Haunted Hill!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Yes, but the time between Reefer Madness Live and House On Haunted Hill Live was only like a month or two.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Avatar seemed like a good one to me. I can't remember any one-liners at the top of my head though.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

CommanderApaul posted:

I usually try to watch the riffed movies beforehand so I don't get distracted from the riffing by trying to follow the movie.

If you haven't seen Avatar, then both the new Star Trek and Iron Man are excellent riffs.

This is a good idea. I basically had the Cloverfeild rift entirely wasted on me, as I found myself paying more attention to the plot in that than the jokes. Man, was I ever so happy that the main character died in that film.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

The Rifftrax Twitter account mentioned that they're "screening" a movie right now, and posted this image:

http://yfrog.com/h84zikj

I don't recognize what it is however. Not sure if it's a hint to what their next movie they're riffing is. They are having a contest on Twitter right now that if you guess the right movie, you get the Riff free though.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Did anyone stand up and bow to a round of applause and received high fives afterwords?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Via their Facebook and Twitter accounts, the Rifftrax for Inception is out now.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Mister Kingdom posted:

I just started watching Eclipse. If I don't make it out alive, I love you guys.

Mister Kingdom is so gay that he laps around back to hetrosexual.

Just treat it like this is in TVIV, and it's one of those threads where you quote your favorite quotes over and over. This one is from The 5th Element.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Rirse posted:

The old Rifftrax Player had that option, which is a crying shame they abandoned development on it.

They did retweet someone saying that he was working on a new one, and needed beta testers. I think it was even yesterday (or the day before).

• Locked thread