Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gummy Joe
Aug 16, 2007

Well, I wouldn't have Ol' Chomper here, that's for sure!

guvnor posted:

Does anybody want to weigh in with a preference, or suggest a simpler alternative?

I've had a bit of experience in some stuff like this, and you honestly get the best jokes out of a group, which is the sort of dynamic you can't really get with either of the suggestions you've listed.
What I was thinking when the idea of an SA-made riff came up was somebody streaming the movie and the writers collaborating on Skype (or hell, just everybody watching it on their computers at the same time). Not necessarily watching the whole thing in one go and doing a stream of consciousness deal, but more watching, say, a ten minute chunk over and over again and coming up with jokes that way. You really can't write anything funny if you're trying to keep up with the movie, you have to break it up and work each chunk a bit before you get something really quality. And somebody acts as recorder and notes timecodes and associated jokes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gummy Joe
Aug 16, 2007

Well, I wouldn't have Ol' Chomper here, that's for sure!

Western Backstroke posted:

Wow, I've bought a lot off Rifftrax. This Friday will be Enchiladas and "The Happening," so I'm pretty excited since the buzz sounds more than favorable.

How you could do "The Happening" and not do Hot Dogs as well is beyond me.

Hhhhot dogs.

• Locked thread