Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I have a semi-Rifftrax related questions. I've been watching some old MST3k lately, and am I the only one who just cannot watch most of the episodes where Joel hosted? The guys a genius for coming up with the show, but the slow delievery, the invention exchanges that were never funny, and some other things just make it impossible for me to get into it. I also don't like the original Crow as much as I do the newer guy who is now on Riffrax with Mike. Maybe it's because the first MST3k thing I ever saw was the movie, and then went into the episodes with Mike in them and never saw anything with Joel till recently. I try to like him, I even watched some of the Cinematic Titanic stuff he did recently, and couldn't get into it at all either. Am I the only one? Is there just something wrong with me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

fenix down posted:

Repeat to yourself "It's just a show, I should really just relax." The Joel vs. Mike debate has been raging for over 10 years.

Edit: I saw the Happening rifftrax earlier. 5/5 would watch again.

It just seems to me that I should like it. Mike was a writer on it for most of the stuff I watched. Ah well.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

fenix down posted:

Many people, including Mike himself, think that the invention exchanges were a lot more creative than the cheesy skits of the Sci-Fi era.

I'm not a huge fan of the skits either, especially in the later seasons with Pearl and the different eras of time. But i would get an occaisional chuckle from them. The inventions exchanges hardly had me crack a smile. I don't know, like I said, I think I should like them, I just don't, and it makes me sad that I'm not able to enjoy 5 seasons worth of the show. Although the Manos one is still hillarious. That was actually the first one I saw with Joel, and the first time I was ever aware of anyone but Mike having hosted the show, and I really dug it, so I watched more and...:(

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Gaseous Snake posted:

I started watching when it was on Sci-Fi Channel (Giant Spider Invasion was the first episode I saw and it was on my eleventh birthday or so). So Bill Crow is the Crow for me. Not that I don't like Trace's Crow, though. I think we can all agree that Josh's Servo was dull.

I agree with this. Bill did Crow in the movie right? And Kevin IS Servo.

• Locked thread