Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Emmitt Nervend
Mar 16, 2001

Retinend posted:

Does anyone know where I can buy, online, a shirt of this design, but cheaper?

(slight derail, but I didn't know where else to ask)

That shirt would be a whole lot cooler if the silhouettes were down at the bottom of the shirt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emmitt Nervend
Mar 16, 2001

GreenNight posted:

They do practically every big movie that comes out. I don't see how anyone is surprised. Don't loving buy it if it bothers you.

I'm not really surprised, but it does bother me a little. I'm still going to buy it and probably enjoy it, but I do feel that their better work is with the movies that are really bad. That's the whole appeal of the thing. Let's watch a really lovely movie, and marvel over how lovely it is, while still being able to enjoy it because of all the jokes. When it's a movie I actually like, I pay more attention to the movie than the riffs, and by the end, I want to just shut up the riffers so I can watch. The only exception to this was Jurassic Park. I love that movie, and I love the riff, but I think that's a rare case.

They need to do more movies like Transmorphers or something. Movies that are truly turkeys.

Emmitt Nervend
Mar 16, 2001

Der Shovel posted:

The old sitcom Cheers, I imagine. I haven't seen it myself but there's a character called Norm who's a big fat man, and when he enters, people yell "NORM!"

This post made me feel old.

Emmitt Nervend
Mar 16, 2001

jmaze posted:

Does the Reefer Madness riff come with the video, or is it just the riff?

You can get either one.

Emmitt Nervend
Mar 16, 2001

Pay close attention around 20:26 (at least, in the on demand version). There are 2 frames spliced into the movie. The first reads '4' and the second '20.' Nice.

edit: They make a joke about the smoking Kramer-esque guy being the 5th Marx brother, which struck me as a little odd. There already are 5 Marx brothers. Groucho, Chico, Zeppo, Harpo, and Gummo. I don't think I've ever heard them get a reference wrong before.

Emmitt Nervend
Mar 16, 2001

fenix down posted:

That's not really wrong in respect to the Marx Bros. films though. The exception would be if footage of Gummo at a vaudeville show exists... (highly unlikely?)

Well, sure, Gummo wasn't in any of the movies, but that doesn't really make him any less of a Marx brother. I mean, he was still alive and well during that time, he just didn't star with the others.

I would have called him the 6th Marx :colbert:

Emmitt Nervend
Mar 16, 2001

muscles like this? posted:

Here's something kind of weird, they just released a new short and its one that was already done on MST3K "What about Juvenile Delinquency?"

Cinematic Titanic did Santa Clause Conquers the Martians again, and that was a whole movie, not just a short.

Emmitt Nervend
Mar 16, 2001

Maybe I missed something, but in the Twilight riff, during the baseball scene, Muse starts playing, and they make a crack about Perry Farrell, who has nothing to do with Muse. I can't imagine them making a blunder that big.

Emmitt Nervend
Mar 16, 2001

bananasinpajamas posted:

How in the world is that a big blunder?

Because they are making fun of Perry Farrell, who is NOT in Muse. Why would they bring up someone who has nothing to do with anything going on in the movie? It just doesn't make sense.

Emmitt Nervend
Mar 16, 2001

Plavski posted:

Hey Mike, could you dopple me into this?

I've only dabbled in doppling

Extortionist posted:

Perry Farrell did a song for the movie that kinda sounds like that Muse song at parts, more so if you're not a fan of either. It's a dumb mistake but it's easy to see how they could make it.

Ahh, that I did not know. That actually makes sense. They are probably making a joke about how it sounds the same. Thanks for clearing that up.

And really, it's made all the better by the fact that Ferrell's latest band, Satellite Party, ripped off songs for the entire first half of the album (maybe more, I stopped listening). That guy has become a joke in and of himself.

Emmitt Nervend fucked around with this message at 22:54 on May 27, 2009

Emmitt Nervend
Mar 16, 2001

Plavski posted:

There better be a line about anteaters.

Also, the Tron iRiff is actually quite funny. Also the Superman IV iRiff is genius, really fantastic. Speed, Die Hard (the RiffRaff version) and Minority Report are pretty good too. RiffRaff Theatre and the Disciples of Golan are about the only decent iRiffers I've found.

It's insane that there was a riff of Superman IV before III. iRiff or otherwise. Superman III is the most absurd movie I have ever seen.

Emmitt Nervend
Mar 16, 2001

I seem to be in the minority in thinking that The Room is one of their best riffs yet. I was cracking up out loud by myself, which is something I rarely do when watching anything. I think they are really at their top form when they do truly bad movies like this. Not that stuff like Twilight and The Happening aren't bad, but movies like this have a whole different quality to them. My favorite riffs have been the really lovely low budget movies like Troll 2 and the like. I'll still get them when they do movies I like such as Raiders, but I just don't find them as enjoyable.

That being said, I still say the first Fantastic Four is the best one they've done, hands down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emmitt Nervend
Mar 16, 2001

zimbomonkey posted:

Holy poo poo, the Transformers 2 riff is awesome. Might just be because it's 4 in the morning, but I'm loving it. The jokes aren't a mile a minute, but it's got some home runs that keep you laughing between jokes.

Edit: And when it's over, stick around for some fun after the rifftrax fine print. It's killing me right now.

I agree. TF2 has now joined Fantastic Four in the list of riffs that have made me laugh so loud I was concerned about waking my neighbors.

• Locked thread