Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Their kickstarter is alive and kicking.

quote:

UPDATE #2 - 5/28/2014 -- New stretch goal added: ANACONDA Live on October 30th!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

The last week of the kickstarter. I wonder if Anaconda is happening. It still misses almost 50K.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

The Deviations posted:

Or did Godzilla say something in Japanese before chomping on one of the choppers?

I think they yelled "Itadakimasu!" ("Let's eat!", or, literally, "I humbly receive", according to Wikipedia)

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

I did enjoy both the joke and its delivery. If you are the contributor, you made the riff better, thanks.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

The live stream URL of the 2014 MST3K Turkey Day Marathon is... well... live.

Official MST3K posted:

The program starts at 12 noon ET/9 am PT Thanksgiving Day. Meanwhile, enjoy some classic MST3K programming.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

What am I to expect of The Room? Usually I have a pretty good idea of what the movie is before I see it riffed, but I'm blanking on this one. Is it like an episode of Friends written and filmed by the crew of Birdemic?

Also for the first time I won't be able to see the original broadcast. I wonder how many people show up for their encores.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Evil Mastermind posted:

Yes, but add in a few incredibly awkward sexhumping scenes.

Once you see the movie make sure to read "The Disaster Artist" so you can learn how the movie got made.

Thanks. And I just found out my class on May 6 is cancelled. I guess my instructor is a fan.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Please tell me there is a MST3K/RiffTrax treatment of Shock Waves, and Google deliberately hides it from me.

Shock Waves: a group of tourists is stranded on an island inhabited by underwater Nazi zombies

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

The humping... it happened... and then it was back with vengeance... two more times.

I was sort of wishing for a gorilla-gram.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

I enjoyed it, though I did dose off for a couple minutes somewhere in the middle. That said,

- Wheaton?
- Eaten!

The Liberty's head's endless street chase culminating with someone yelling "You maniacs!"
were all pretty funny moments. The short didn't disappoint, too.

I thought my theater was unusually full. I think I saw about half as many people when they were riffing The Room.

e: thanks for the slides. I was late, so I didn't see any of those.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Both episodes are available for free on the official MST3K youtube channel. Here's hoping for a better picture quality of the RiffTrax releases.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Uh, actually, it's a joke. They HAVE their Kickstarter reward tiers set up.

That, and they can add new rewards if they want, so why not to ask for suggestions.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

muscles like this? posted:

For those that didn't go to the show they did have one interesting bit of news, they mentioned that the upcoming Rifftrax app is going to have the ability to sync up with movies that are playing in theaters which means they're planning on doing a riff of The Force Awakens ASAP.

Basically this: http://www.rifftrax.com/app

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

RandomPauI posted:

Here Comes The Ice Cream Bunny is now a part of my christmas music canon.

RiffTrax tweeted the link to it after the show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wu-Jpwm2OxQ

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

muscles like this? posted:

Also the app comes pre-loaded with the rest of the Star Wars riffs for free.

... "for FREE for a limited time".

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Does anyone else experience garbled sound when listening to the riffs through the Rifftrax app? I'm through the first original episode of Star Wars, and just started listening to the second one, and both sound like the actors speak through the liquid in their mouths.

On a sidenote, some of the Rifftrax riffs are available through Google Play of all places. I don't remember seeing them when I was searching for the app a couple weeks ago.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/RiffTrax/status/702972507536515072

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

33% funded

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

$6 short of 75% funded

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Are we there yet?

(We are not. We are $5K and a change short).

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

IUG posted:

(...I already have all of those...)

https://twitter.com/RiffTrax/status/712736355101450240

e: 3,600 backers – Safety Woman: In Danger Out of Doors
Next up: 3,700 backers – Love That Car!

ringu0 fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Mar 23, 2016

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

DivisionPost posted:

This year's KS is, very likely, about to blow past 4,600 backers today -- just a few days shy of the final 48 hour rush. I wonder if the guys thought that was even possible.

That translates to $318,011 and climbing, BTW.

I wonder what happened on April 1st and 2nd. The campaign contributions were flat for a couple weeks, and then these two days received a significant increase in both pledges and backers (see kicktraq charts).

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

e: /\/\/\/\/\ Thanks!

New stretch goals:

$335,000: a brand new RiffTrax MP3 commentary for Star Wars: The Force Awakens
$350,000: an MP3 commentary for the pilot episode of Game of Thrones
$370,000: a special RiffTrax Edition Castleton t-shirt
$390,000: a DVD of the MST3K Reunion Show

With 4 days to go, the campaign is currently closing on $326,000.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

MegaZeroX posted:

I really need to see one for Game of Thrones. I'd love it if they did more of the series!

I'm curious about this one as well, although I think GoT is a bit too tragic for RiffTrax. A certain bonfire in Season 5 comes to mind...

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

IUG posted:

Remember X-Men 1 that they did? That opened with the literal holocaust.

I missed them doing TV shows. I have the two episodes of Heroes from way back, and I know they did Lost. I don't think they did too many more shows.

I did not know they riffed X-Men, and now I want to see that.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Game of Thrones commentary is unlocked.

Of note, Game of Thrones: Season 1 [Blu-ray] is down to $17.00 on Amazon.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Joel posted an update to his MST3K Revival project, and the RiffTrax Live campaign shot past $370K in funding and is now closing in on the final stretch goal.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

So, 24 hours later, with no stretch goals in sight, the campaign gathered another $60K in pledges. People are literally throwing money at them.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

A new set of stretch goals is up. This time they are going for the number of backers.

7000 backers: Bridget and Mary Jo Gravity MP3
7500: Reunion show Blu-ray choice
8000: Daredevil ep 1 MP3
8500: DVD of Time Chasers show
9000: Walking Dead ep 1 MP3
9500: Jurassic World MP3
10000: Road House MP3

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Both rewards, Gravity and Blu-ray, are already unlocked.

Holy poo poo. It is happening.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

The thing is messed up, because now I see the original graphic, with Gravity being the first reward, and Blu-ray the second. Doesn't matter anyway, as both rewards are unlocked.

e:clarity

ringu0 fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Apr 8, 2016

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

therealjon_ posted:

Thinking $100 is the value pledge now, I may need to update.

Apparently the Time Chasers DVD is $125 and up. I may need to update, too.

e: Jurassic World MP3 is unlocked. They're past 9500 backers with 13 hours to go. After seeing Joel's campaign pulling cool 5+ mil in funding I shouldn't be surprised, but still this level of support is nothing short of amazing.

ringu0 fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Apr 8, 2016

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

All done, with 9 hours to spare.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

2DCAT posted:

They're doing a VOD for last night, right?
A digital download of a reunion show was a kickstarter reward, so... yes?

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Looks like they're adding a DVD or Blu-ray of the reunion show to the reward packages at $100 and higher. I'm not seeing the physical discs mentioned on the kickstarter page, but the preorder page says that "$100+ will also receive a DVD or Blu-ray!"

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

I must have missed it. Anyway, yay, the reunion show was great.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

that Mothra song... the slides weren't kidding

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyMbJI5SrlI

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

RiffTrax is doing a Humble Bundle:

$1.00 to unlock:
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring
Batman: Tunnel of Terror (Episode 2)
Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

More than the average (currently at $8.00 and change) to also unlock:
Twilight
Halloween
RiffTrax Live: Night Of The Living Dead
Cloverfield
Shake Hands with Danger
Game of Thrones: Season 1 Episode 1

$10.00 to also unlock:
Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Jurassic Park
The Wizard

("All of these titles are available via RiffTrax keys, which are redeemed on rifftrax.com.")

ringu0 fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Oct 24, 2016

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Mister Kingdom posted:

I can't find the thread on the Rifftrax forums, but if you search this thread, I've posted it before. It sounds complicated, but it's pretty easy once you've done a few.

It's literally the first result when you google his exact words "taking a rifftrax mp3 and a video file".

Behold, UNOFFICIAL Rifftrax DVD Creating Step-by-Step Guide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Lester Shy posted:

I grabbed a Jurassic Park code from this thread earlier but then I ended up buying the Humble Bundle anyway, so here's my JP code:

Took it, thank you!

e: offering a code for Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope: 7F7pHAd9

ringu0 fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Oct 30, 2016

• Locked thread