Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

I love Rifftrax! Some of the funniest stuff these guys have ever done, and that's saying something. The David Carradine Future Force movies may be my fav, with a nod to Starship Troopers and Aeon Flux as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

At what point does a self-aware bad movie making deliberately worse sequels that are genuinely worse at being bad become genuinely an Ed Wood type honest attempt that fails spectacularly and is therefore kitschy enough to be so bad it's good?
I think somebody like Uwe Boll who really believes in what he's making is an entertainingly bad movie maker. Asylum is the worst in my book, Snakes on a Train is the worst movie ever made quite frankly. No matter what their intentions are, their movies are boring to watch. Your standard sci-fi no budget flick like Lake Placid vs Anaconda is way funnier than an Asylum movie too, they're just the worst of an already bad niche. But they're bad in an uninteresting way.

Short answer, it'll be a cooooold day in hell when Asylum movies are so bad they're good because they're just so dull I'd say.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Can you have the entire cast of 90210 pulling out chainsaws whose blades are smaller chainsaws
I like the sound of this, but Asylum doesn't have the budget to pull that off. I don't know if Lucas has the money to pull that off, we're talking a lot of tiny chainsaws rotating at high speeds on a larger chainsaw, that would melt most video programs I wager.

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

All this whining about Sharknado and nobody's mentioned that the new VOD is Stone Cold?
Now there's a classic. In all seriousness that has a 7 on imdb from me folks.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

For me, Starship Troopers is the height of rifftrax so far, was waiting for them to do that one, they nailed it. Aeon Flux is an underrated one I think. For low-budget riffs those David Carradine Future Force ones are amazing. Random post, love rifftrax. For mst3k and rifftrax the 80s and 90s movie stuff is some of my favorite. Hobgoblins for mst3k etc. The 80s and 90s were a magical time for cheese on film.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

On Saturday night I got home and tried that Pluto channel, got to see Rock N Roll Nightmare and watched the first half hour of Roller Gator! That's some good stuff to happen to catch!

Also showed somebody The Room rifftrax recently, still a classic.

Drag Me To Hell ruled and was hilarious as is, haven't seen it with the riff yet.

• Locked thread