Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cool Ranch
Sep 20, 2001
Nap Ghost
drat I love Rifftrax. I have a group of buddies come by every week, and we almost always end up watching one. I've bought almost everything available on rifftrax.com...I can't stop.

Troll 2 is awesome, Matrix was great, and despite how much I hate Harry Potter those are some of the best riffs for some reason.

Warning to those who start the addiction: think about how it's going to look walking up to the counter with Glitter, Crossroads, Top Gun, and Cocktail. I think I'd rather be seen buying Lemon Party DVDs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Ranch
Sep 20, 2001
Nap Ghost
Tickets for the live show at Belcourt Theatre should be going up in a few minutes (10am Central). I am going to be driving from Knoxville with 5 other folks to see it hopefully.

Link to Belcourt event page.

Cool Ranch
Sep 20, 2001
Nap Ghost
Holy crap. I think they are sold out already, but I nabbed my 6. Looking forward to hanging out in Nashville for a weekend.

Cool Ranch
Sep 20, 2001
Nap Ghost
I as well wish Weird Al would have done a couple more riffs with them. Our theater had a lot of people in it (Knoxville) and that was cool since I honestly had no idea what to expect.

I enjoyed the shorts format and the lack of songs, honestly. I was actually in the Nashville audience live for Plan 9 and I was really really ready for the movie by the time they got to it. It was nice to be in a theater that wasn't sweltering this time, enjoying the brute force humor attack of many shorts.

I had seen the first two before, but had forgotten the "be-top-hatted spider-dog of my nightmares" line, which was worth rehearing. Go check it out tonight if you didn't catch it, very awesome.

P.S. I unironically wish I had Wienerschnitzel :(

Cool Ranch
Sep 20, 2001
Nap Ghost

ClydeUmney posted:

So, how much of the theater could you actually see over the broadcast? I was at the Belcourt (where they recorded), and they really did up the place - hung banners, had a bug display, and all sorts of stuff. Thought I'd share the picture if you guys were interested.

There's a goon in your pic. The glasses in the bottom right belong to my friend in Nashville who we always go to the shows with. Unfortunately we couldn't sit with him since we were up front.

I thought they did a great job with the decorations at the Belcourt and the show was awesome as usual. Supposedly some woman from True Blood was there too, but I have no idea who anyone on that show is.

Left

Right

Bonus Kevin

Cool Ranch
Sep 20, 2001
Nap Ghost
It was pretty surreal meeting all the guys and they were all insanely nice and patient with fan questions/requests. Their producer David was saying that Mike has felt pretty uncomfortable sometimes being mobbed by fans, but always hangs around to sign stuff for people even if he's exhausted.

I also asked Mike if he enjoyed working with Lowtax and he said he enjoyed his weird sense of humor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Ranch
Sep 20, 2001
Nap Ghost
I know it's late notice, but I got two tickets to the Belcourt in Nashville for the Dec 5th show that I can't use. Anyone interested?

• Locked thread