Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kenderama
Mar 12, 2003

Herding Nerds from
2007-2012
I think this is the first time I'm ambivalent about a Riff coming out - I love Iron Man.. the movie is literally something I can watch again and again by itself, so it doesn't *need* Riffing...

But they always do such a good job. *sigh* Seconding the Crystal Skull Riff desire. That film *deserves* it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenderama
Mar 12, 2003

Herding Nerds from
2007-2012
Agreed - Trace *was* Crow - and Doctor F.. Bill did a good job but it never was "right" - just like Tom Servo is always going to be Kevin Murphy to me.

Kenderama
Mar 12, 2003

Herding Nerds from
2007-2012
But.. but...

Magneto!

Cerebro!

Kenderama
Mar 12, 2003

Herding Nerds from
2007-2012

Gaseous Snake posted:

That wore out its welcome after the first hundred times they said it.

I dunno. I still laugh - however I do remember it getting old during viewing. So with distance it retains humor to me.

Kenderama
Mar 12, 2003

Herding Nerds from
2007-2012

Swanky posted:

This one is pretty good. The song Kevin Murphy sings while the vampire guy is playing the piano was probably my favorite part.

This, this, forever this. I think this was my favorite-ist part of the Riff. If for no other reason, watch for this song...

Line?

Kenderama
Mar 12, 2003

Herding Nerds from
2007-2012

fromagex posted:

I'll be at the Erie PA one. I'll be the loser that is alone, as my movie going buddy had to relocate for a job.

Grand Rapids, MI, and same. My movie going friend relocated for his wife.

Stupid wife.

Kenderama
Mar 12, 2003

Herding Nerds from
2007-2012
Found this today on my local Theater's Website:

quote:

RiffTrax Live: Christmas Shorts

Description: NCM Fathom and RiffTrax are partnering for a one of a kind holiday event. Join Mike Nelson, Kevin Murphy, Bill Corbett and a surprise celebrity guest for an evening of Live riffing on a collection of 5-8 classic holiday shorts, including a wonderfully bizarre animated "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer," classic commercials and a musical short extolling the virtues of pork. This event will be LIVE on Wednesday, December 16th with an Encore event Live from Tape on Thursday, December 17th.

http://bigscreenmovies.com/?pid=184&id=1858&calField=12/16/09

Dear God. Please, no Star Wars holiday special....

Kenderama
Mar 12, 2003

Herding Nerds from
2007-2012

mobo85 posted:

Well, it says they're holiday-themed shorts. Seeing as the Star Wars Holiday Special has an approximate running time of forever, I don't think it falls in that category.

Yes, but I'm still so horrified by the thought, that I had to say it.

Kenderama
Mar 12, 2003

Herding Nerds from
2007-2012

Jagtpanther posted:

Is the Star Trek Rifftrax any good? I've never listened to one before and am thinking of watching it with the missus tonight...

I really liked it - both the Riff and the movie.

Kenderama
Mar 12, 2003

Herding Nerds from
2007-2012

Tony Danza Claus posted:

About drat time they put out a new one, and it's finally Star Wars 6. So buying this.

I agree - this one will be worth it.

Also, in other news, Kevin Murphy just twittered this:

quote:

kwmurphy: This morning I start riffing a very, very stupid movie. It will hurt. I require bacon & eggs for strength.

kwmurphy: Thanks for your support while I riff the Very Stupid Movie. I cannot tell you its name. The bacon, however, is Hormel Range Brand.

Let the guesses begin! I mean, they already did Transformers 2...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenderama
Mar 12, 2003

Herding Nerds from
2007-2012

Mister Kingdom posted:

GI Joe, maybe?

Good call. I've been so scared to even go near this - though it has the Ninth Doctor in it.

• Locked thread