Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Risky
May 18, 2003

bonestructure posted:

X-Men 2 rifftrax is out! I know what I'm doing with the rest of my night. :cool:

The first X-men movie rifftrax was hilarious. This one wasn't nearly as funny. I found myself concentrating more on the movie dialogue at a certain point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Risky
May 18, 2003

Mister Kingdom posted:

The info club had over 100,000 members at one point, so I'm surprised the number is this low considering how many computer geeks were/are fans.

You'd be surprised how many MST3K fans don't know about rifftrax. I walked into a comic book store last year and overheard the employees talking about MST3K. As I was paying for my books I told them about rifftrax and they had no idea the guys behind MST3K were doing anything these days.

Risky
May 18, 2003

Mein Eyes! posted:

Do you think they still have access to the info club?

As long as I have been a MST3K fan I never opted to join the info club. I didn't even know it was still being maintained.

Risky
May 18, 2003

http://www.ncm.com/Fathom/Comedy/RiffTrax.aspx

HOLY poo poo

Risky
May 18, 2003

knucklehead posted:

Tampa, FL reporting in, about 3/4 of the house full. I think it was the busiest theater on a slow Thursday for sure. The crowd was really into it, just a small contingent of neck beards, actual cute girls, loving fun time!

Sup dude, it's the guy who was talking with you and Nicole and the other goons after the showing in Tampa. :)

I vastly underestimated the amount of people that were going to show up. Alot of older people (older MST3K fans?),a nice mix of cute girls and many neckbeards. I did overhear some girl with her bf as they were walking out say they saw alot of SA goons so there was a decent goon showing. The show itself was way better than I thought it would be. The jokes really went over with the crowd and the fake ads were drat hilarious. I would definitely go to another one which I hope they do soon.

Risky
May 18, 2003

Reo posted:

Another piece of random trivia I didn't know about, not having seen Plan 9 before:

This joke from Freakazoid where Steph enters the cockpit and says "That was quite a jolt, Freak" in a weirdass manner is a reference to the FLYING STEWARDESS in Plan 9!

Holy poo poo, that's awesome. What kid would ever get that reference?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Risky
May 18, 2003

Does anyone else feel that they crank out rifftrax at too fast a rate to where they seem like they don't take the time to really zero in on clever riffs? I definitely still love what they are doing. I'm not knocking it, but I've yet to see a rifftrax that is a continuous flow of grade A jokes like MST3k episodes such as Time Chasers or Final Sacrifice.

• Locked thread