Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Corridor posted:

edit quick question about MST3K, which episode did the SLEEEEEEP thing originate in? They've made that joke a bunch of times but I haven't seen the one that set it off.
I think it's from the original Dracula - with Lugosi, like Plavski said.

VVV oh yeah, good call. :) Good old Tor!

fenix down fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Mar 29, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Mister Kingdom posted:

I recorded the stream but when I clicked on the window on the Rifftrax site, it opened the same window on the Ustream site and I ended up having two streams going at the same time. The Danger short has dueling audio for the first twelve minutes, but since I already have that one, I at least got the Q & A despite the aforementioned spasms.

They need to find a better host for these things.
The suggestion session was interesting. They kept saying the most obscure movies they could think of, forgetting that it's supposed to be more mainstream stuff. It was awesome when that guy said Troll 2 though.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Captain Invictus posted:

They are REALLY churning those out! Not that I'm complaining!

Wish they posted statistics of an idea of how many they've sold.
I used to buy them as they came out. Haven't bought any for a while but I have 45 so far :psyduck:

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

raditts posted:

I saw "I Know Who Killed Me" on Lifetime while pulling an all-nighter last night and frankly I'm amazed it hasn't been riffed yet.
I've been meaning to watch that - what's your prognosis?

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Got around to watching D-War. Holy crap that was bad. I think they blew all their money on CGI and forgot to pay the guy who makes the plot make sense.

Awesome riffs though - Bruce will be fine, Bruce is always fine.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

I thought he was referring to Lisa | Johnny (before Lisa tore him apart)

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Saint Sputnik posted:

So I know what Schnappi is, and they reference the little critter constantly, but when and why did they start?
Word on the street is that Mike's kids liked the song and when he brought it up at work the other guys thought it was funny.

I don't know which rifftrax has the first schnappi joke but they always talked about it on the blog for as long as I can remember.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

muscles like this? posted:

This thread has been pretty dead ever since it got moved to CD for some reason.

Anyway, make sure to go to the extra's part of the site they mentioned at the end of the Live thing as they have the short "More Dangerous Than Dynamite" up for free.
https://www.rifftrax.com/madness

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Behonkiss posted:

Can somebody tell me why the guys seem to be giving up on riffing mainstream features? When they started the site it was typically a new one every week or two. I just checked, and they've put out about 10 this entire year.
How many shorts though? Also two theater showings and a couple of internet live events.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

You're not just shaking hands with danger, you're putting your hand right up danger's-HEY!

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

DarkPrime posted:

I missed the digital goodies link. If nobody wants to post it, can someone PM it to me?
https://www.rifftrax.com/haunted

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

I couldn't find the Paper and I short online anywhere. Guess I'll have to wait til they officially release it. :)

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

I think one of my favorite bits from last night's show was Kevin being "fired" and Paul F Thompkins replacing him for exactly two riffs.
This must be the souse on haunted hill?

The ladies line was great, although the biggest laugh in my theater was the kool-aid ma-OH YEAH. The best riff was Vincent Price donating his preserved mustache to Bob Dylan.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

The content of the story wasn't that funny but the delivery was great. <3 PFT

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Rirse posted:

So who was the guy with Mike in the announcement video?
Conor

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Ketchupface posted:

My parents were huge fans of MST3K (and bad movies in general) and for Christmas I want to get them some rifftrax, but they hate sitting down in front of a computer to watch a movie. How feasible is buying a riff, burning it to a CD, and playing it on a CD player?

Also, I'm afraid I might incite some kind of fan-riot with this, but what riffs do you guys recommend me get? I already have DVDs of Forbidden Zone (which has no riff, yes, but is also a movie that fascinates me with everything I hear about its plot) and Plan 9, and nearly every riff on the catalog is for a movie my family doesn't own, which I'd buy as well.
mp3 player hooked to speakers, or re-authoring the dvd with synced audio, are the two best options.

The Happening and Roadhouse are solid riffs in addition to what has been mentioned.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

So you guys aren't thrilled with the Inception riff? I was gonna buy it and watch over the weekend. :( Guess I'll have to get the Santa and Bunny movie everyone's talkin' about.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

I'm going through the stages of depression while watching this but I think the order is messed up. I was flipping back and forth between denial and acceptance like a metronome, but now I'm at some new stage where staring at an empty tunnel actually makes sense somehow.

edit: the ice cream bunny left me to die! he's a friggin monster!

fenix down fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Feb 19, 2011

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

I've been avoiding Birdemic because I thought it was bad on purpose like Tim & Eric. But it is just horribly awful, right? Like Red Zone Cuba?

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Hell Diver posted:

One of my favorites goes back to Eegah: "Watch out for snakes!"

I've seen 3-4 other MST3K films including Colossus and the Headhunters where they repeat it, and I really wouldn't be surprised if it popped back up in RiffTrax. I've only seen Jurassic Park and Battlefield Earth, though. I really need to catch up.
You gotta check out the riff of Roadhouse. They reference it quite a bit.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

CHARONS BOAT RIDER posted:

Saw was good, but you could tell they were really uncomfortable doing it.
What do you mean by uncomfortable?

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Star Wars riffs on sale today. May the 4th be with you and all that.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

IUG posted:

Didn't see this on Twitter until it was too late, but Micheal J Nelson had a Q/A on these very forums, and they didn't even link to it in this topic:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3423843
Wow he really doesn't like Transformers!

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Cinematic Titanic tour dates announced: http://www.cinematictitanic.com/livetour.php

9/24/11 8:00 pm Best Buy Theater New York
10/15/11 8:00 pm Elgin Community College Elgin, IL
10/27/11 8:00 pm Lisner Auditorium Washington, DC
11/3/11 8:00 pm Nightingale Concert Hall, University of Nevada Reno Reno, NV
11/4/11 8:00 pm Mondavi Arts Center, UC Davis, CA
11/5/11 8:00 pm Wells Fargo Center for the Arts Santa Rosa, CA
11/6/11 8:00 pm Arlington Theatre Santa Barbara, CA
11/12/11 8:00 pm Meyer Theatre Green Bay, WI
12/30/11 8:00 pm Keswick Theater Philadelphia, PA
1/20/12 8:00 pm Strand-Capitol Performing Arts Center York, PA
1/21/12 8:00 pm Grand Opera House Wilmington, DE
2/3/12 8:00 pm Belding Theater Hartford, CT
2/4/12 8:00 pm Proctor's Theatre Schenectady, NY
3/16/12 8:00 pm Carolina Theatre of Durham Durham, NC
3/17/12 8:00 pm Peace Center for the Performing Arts Greenville, SC
3/30/12 8:00 pm Victoria Theatre Newark, NJ
3/31/12 8:00 pm Victoria Theatre Newark, NJ
4/27/12 8:00 pm Pabst Theater Milwaukee, WI
4/28/12 8:00 pm Pabst Theater Milwaukee, WI

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

weekly font posted:

The Richard Gere riff got that in our theatre.
What was that in reference to?

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

cams posted:

This was the one bit I didn't get, haven't seen GoT. The Riff was hilarious. The unseen capture of Jack and the gang was loving hilarious. And that "What is Nothing?" short was genius.
That's alright, I don't think anyone got the Joffrey joke at my theater either. Same with the "sponge-worthy" reference.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Electronico6 posted:

Also got around to seeing Join Hands, Lets Go. :psyduck: What the gently caress did I watch? Why does this stuff exist, what was the point of it all? There was nothing educational about it! There was nothing to it to be honest. Why?? :psyduck:
What IS nothing?

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Golbez posted:

Is that supposed to be the Brave Little Toaster?
Nah, it's disembaudio.

http://www.rifftrax.com/riffers/audio-syncer/disembaudio

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

therealjon_ posted:

To be fair, he's probably been "goony-as-poo poo" before there were goons.
He gets paid to be a goon :D

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

If you haven't purchased it yet, they put out a coupon for $3 off Ghosthouse for a limited time (they don't say how limited.)

The coupon is HAMRADIO
Says I don't have enough applicable products in the cart.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

GHOST HOOOUSE!!!!

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

I also liked the line "All I know are computers..."

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

RagingBoner posted:

No, he sucked.

Come to think of it, pretty much everything sucks.
Snap out of it, man! You're getting the bad movie blues.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

RagingBoner posted:

(It's a line from the movie)
Wow my face is red, I gotta watch it again now.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

MachineryNoise posted:

I'd like to suggest Friends, The Clean Club, and Let's Pretend: Magic Sneakers, each having their own brand of delightful insanity.
What's the one with the talking pillow? That thing haunts my nightmares.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Tony Danza Claus posted:

Patriotism.

The horribly mangled "to what do is Patriotism, is therefore Patriotism you do is what it is" or whatever the hell that line is. Gold.
Every single thing is patriotic as long as you do it.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Wandering Knitter posted:

The word egg has lost all meaning.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

If you want to give money to Bill Corbet so he can make a comic book, head on over to http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1536910960/super-powered-revenge-christmas

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

I've been wanting to watch Galaxy Invader, do you guys recommend the riff? Also picking up Buffalo Rider and Prisoners of the Lost Universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Oh gosh, I have to get some Kendo sticks now to block out the memories. :smith:

• Locked thread