Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

oh ok posted:

What happened to Twilight?

Hopefully they're trying to get Robert Pattinson (the star of Twilight) to sit in on the Riff considering his attitude towards the film and his insane commentary.

Here are some examples.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0waUnDNVYc&
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsgA99_ycBI&
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejdWcV-CD80&feature=related

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hahaha, just watched the recent Riffshort about carnivorous plants and finally got the answer to how carnivorous plants work when they're just plants. The answer? GOD DID IT.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

mobo85 posted:

Three words. One Got Fat.

The new one Carnivorous Plants is great as well as Your Chance to Live. Although I think the two shorts that I've laughed hardest at were probably Playing Together and Overcoming Fear. For Overcoming Fear it was mostly the scenes with the dogs. "Oh my god, dogs can do that? Now I'm frightened of dogs."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Best joke from Your Chance to Live was "I'm Stan Moff Tarkin."

The new short "You and Your Family" is pretty great. It has family situations and plays them out in various ways. One of them involves the son coming home late and one of the options is to RUN AWAY FROM HOME when confronted by the father for being out late.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Jet Jaguar posted:

The 3D short is kinda gimmicky, but "Shake Hands With Danger" is such a dark, hilarious short that it makes up for it.

I'm still kind of pissed off that they haven't released that yet for download. I mean, I've already purchased every single Riffshort and I really don't want to purchase a DVD of stuff I already have just for the one short.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Satsuki posted:

I saw they are having a deal if you buy the three DVD's with the three riffer versions of Night of the Living Dead, Reefer Madness, and Little Shop of Horrors. I had wanted to pick up Night of the Living Dead, but are the other two worth it?

Reefer Madness is good and I would say on par with MST3K.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Captain Charisma posted:

I can't add it to my cart :smith:

I could and did.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They say its a short that they haven't put up yet.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Captain Charisma posted:

Although it's already 6:02 and nothing has appeared yet :colbert:

Just started.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I love how Kevin ACTUALLY gets agitated whenever he says a line in an agitated voice.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Here's something kind of weird, they just released a new short and its one that was already done on MST3K "What about Juvenile Delinquency?"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

New live event next Friday.

And finally a way to get Shake Hands with Danger without buying the DVD.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Awesome, I enjoy paying money for something that I now can't watch.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Working now!

Kind of crappy feed though.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They need to turn the sound up on the short.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Okay, since I have the feed up and am logged in I should be fine, right?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

drat it, screwing up again.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

jmaze posted:

Yeah, I'm kinda bothered that I paid for this, but apparently didn't have to, and it isn't working.

Yeah the whole thing is getting kind of annoying.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

AlmightyBob posted:

People are saying they see something but all I see is off air

Its kind of up for me but not really.

I see a still image of them and heard Bill say something but that's all stopped.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sooo glad I spent $15 on this.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

AlmightyBob posted:

THATS IT

They said its over

Also saying they'll refund.

While I like that I'm getting my money back I'd like it if I could actually get that copy of Shake Hands with Danger since its the only short I don't own.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So was there an explanation as to why this was all Google's fault like Mike was saying?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Has anyone heard what they're supposed to be doing for the people who paid yet? (other than the refund)

Also the movie they were supposed to be riffing is up for sale now.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Whelp I just received confirmation on my reimbursement package so if you bought the ticket to the show check your FILES area in your profile and the movie should be there.

Now I just have to figure out what I want to do with $10 in Rifftrax bucks. Maybe I'll pick up the Star Wars Holiday special since I've never seen that.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Planet of the Dinosaurs is pretty funny.

Bill: Berry picking seems like something that aught to result in a death or two.

Mike: Cause they're poisonous?

Bill: No, because they're stupid people.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Purchased Voodoo Man for download and man is it big. Its a couple of gig altogether.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Just finished Voodoo Man and YES to the extra at the end.

Disembodio singing "Night Train to Mundo Fine"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm trying to decide if I want to drive 50 miles for this since nobody around me is doing it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They're on another Riffshort jag. I wish they would pace these out so it isn't nothing for a couple of months followed by 5 in two weeks or something.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ordered my tickets for the live show. Going to the Iowa City showing.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Here's something weird, I was looking at my local theater's showtimes on their website today for later on and I noticed they had a thing about Rifftrax doing Plan 9, except they list it as September 2nd. They ad omits the "live" part as well so it looks like they're just going to be airing the recording of the live event.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

utonium posted:

That would make perfect sense. Fathom also put on the This American Life Live broadcast doohickey event a few months ago, and about 2 or 3 weeks later the same theaters showed the recorded broadcast for one night.

Except this theater isn't doing the live thing which is kind of confusing.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I wonder how many people are going to come to the front page from the show. Because people in my theater were cracking the gently caress up for the Lowtax shorts.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mr.Hotkeys posted:

Don't post it here. Use the pm system. I'd do it, but I don't have platinum.

Considering the "code" for it was just a simple word I don't think they'll mind too much if people share it and anyway he was asking for the website not the code.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Overwined posted:

Well, does anyone have it? I want my schwag. Especially I want that short.

Sorry I don't remember it either and am just going to wait until someone posts it in the thread. Or until tomorrow when the freaking website starts working and it will probably be a link somewhere.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Email was only if you were in the theater of the person who won the iPod.

Nodelphi posted:

Anyone aware of plans to sell a DVD of the show tonight in it's entirety? I bought a ticket but couldn't go because my kid got sick. :(

Edit: To clarify, I'm aware they sell Plan 9 I was wondering if they had what was essentially a recording of what was played tonight with the extras included.

I doubt it, whenever they do something live and release a pre-recorded version its always a little different.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Just about to watch The Happening Riff. Should be good as the movie is complete rear end.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Looks like the encore is going to have more free stuff to give away as they mention three songs and an animated short on the whole "Plans 1-8" bit.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I can't wait for the sequel to The Case of Tommy Tucker because man oh man is that a hosed up short. The kid who plays Tommy is probably the worst child actor I've ever seen. He constantly has this look on his face and when he speaks he has this gigantic lisp going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The only question I wish they had asked would have been availability in your area because I had to drive 60 miles to get to the closest one.

• Locked thread