Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!
This is sort of offtopic, but the Rifftones have recorded another song for SongFu called "Do the Ballpoint."

It is one of the best things I ever heard.

Midpage here:http://www.quickstopentertainment.com/2008/09/13/masters-of-song-fu-2-round-2-challenge-voting-begins/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!

Mister Kingdom posted:

Hell, I'd like to see them do Blade Runner or the Godfather series.

These two ideas are extremely good. I have always thought that they are both overrated.

It seems to me that they are having the exact opposite problem that they had with MST3k. Back then, they could only do certain unknown movies and had to stay away from the big-budget films due to licensing issues on television and what-not. Now, they can only do the big name movies because only a few people are going to have a DVD of some random crappy horror movie from the 50s sitting around. Furthermore, I don't think that entire open domain movies sell as well as individual riffs.

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!
I have been out of the Rifftrax game for the last 2-3 years. My last order was in 2011. I have a whole bunch of older shorts, but I would be spending close to $140 on shorts if I were to catch up. Furthermore, I am astounded by the sheer number VOD offerings.

If I wanted to spend ~$20 on the cream of the crop to begin my long expensive journey of getting caught up, what would be the wisest way to spend my money?

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!
How about a healthy mix.

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!
I picked up Setting up a room. It was nonstop action. I needed to pause it and take a break to let my heart rate slow down.

Bill's comment on the time near the beginning was the best. I had to pause to check but once I did, I had tears of laughter and joy.

• Locked thread