Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Revolvyerom
Nov 12, 2005

Hell yes, tell him we're plenty front right now.

Gambl0r posted:

I mean no disrespect to the RiffTrax creators or anything but do they have any free tracks for movies people have heard of? I mean, I could watch the Film Crew version of the 'Wild Women of Wongo' but that would require me to watch 'Wild Women of Wongo', which I'm not going to do.

I'd much rather get a free RiffTrax-track of a movie I own to see if it's worth buying more in the future. If they don't have any free tracks at all, I think they are hurting their potential sales.

For example, I would buy just about anything Brad Neely creates because of Wizard People, Dear Reader. If WP,DR cost money, I most likely would not have heard it or even heard of Brad Neely.
Pretty much every single Rifftrax they have ever done has a free 30-second-ish sample you can watch. It's usually a good barometer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revolvyerom
Nov 12, 2005

Graham Wellington posted:

Equally, I assume?
I think he's wondering by what method...

Revolvyerom
Nov 12, 2005

Just starting the "Day after Tomorrow" Riff, so far it's solid. Drugs are like that, too.

Revolvyerom
Nov 12, 2005

Name one in particular for me to start from? I've been avoiding them so far.

Revolvyerom
Nov 12, 2005

Mister Kingdom posted:

It's always funny to me when the riffers make each other laugh during the riff.
Agreed. The best moments are the ones that come across as candid jokes and guys just having fun, reveling in the sheer lunacy of the film itself.

Revolvyerom
Nov 12, 2005

They're probably waiting to make sure the live riff goes without a hitch first? Or maybe there's some reason they don't want to give up screen-time that night?

Revolvyerom
Nov 12, 2005

GreenNight posted:

Some people buy the mp3s and then download the movies already synced.
If you buy the mp3, and you own the movie, use the rifftrax player. It will duck the movie audio when riffs come in if you choose, and auto-synch the audio.

Revolvyerom
Nov 12, 2005

Plavski posted:

Controversial opinion detected!

The Star Wars Holiday Special should be anyones first Rifftrax purchase.
The SWHS is literally so terrible that even a riff cannot make it worth watching. I've seen every riff just about, and that's the only one I had to just call off 20 minutes in.

Revolvyerom
Nov 12, 2005

Have you seen Eragon? If not, I'd really recommend it.

Revolvyerom
Nov 12, 2005

BARONS DEF CHARGER posted:

Line...

Line.....

LINE.
The first few movies they did that in, it was pretty funny. But it's getting superfluous now.

Revolvyerom
Nov 12, 2005

Tony Danza Claus posted:

ROAD

GODDAMN

HOUSE
I've hosed tougher men than you in prison..."oh, that's sweet, do you still keep in touch?"
Seriously, this riff is one of the best.

Revolvyerom
Nov 12, 2005

Did you watch it twice?

Revolvyerom
Nov 12, 2005

Bob Shadycharacter posted:

I honestly don't really get the concept of "this movie is so bad I can't even watch it with the rifftrax"! I mean, none of these films are really as bad as half the stuff they did on MST3K so.
Did you enjoy the Star Wars Holiday Special? I hear the ads are amusing, but the show itself was so terrible I couldn't even make it to the second commercial break.

Revolvyerom
Nov 12, 2005

Tony Danza Claus posted:

with my iPhone in the theater.
At that point, just leave. Don't be "that guy" in the theater, eh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revolvyerom
Nov 12, 2005

"Line..." at this point completely breaks my enjoyment of a riff. They use it in about a third of their riffs now, and it's jarring to hear the same joke used repeatedly. Was funny the first few times.

• Locked thread