Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Behonkiss posted:

If anyone is interested, the two I will do are Super Mario Bros.

I think half the track should be just sarcastically saying Super Mario Bros. ala the Transformers track.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Gavok posted:

My iRiffs Superman in Japoteurs is finally up.

C'mon! It's only a buck! Give it a shot!

I don't think there is a funnier two-word phrase in the English language than "bunt cake"

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

The DVD is kind of disappointing, The exclusive short is pretty good but the 3d characters lack the charm and simplicity of the MST3k silhouette. Also, the frame during this short took up way too much of the screen. The rest of the DVD feels kind of cheap since its pretty no-frills.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

I didn't see this posted earlier, but this might be of interest to some of you. 10 rifftrax dvds (public domain / vod stuff) for $46 + shipping. I already had 3 of them and yet I still felt like jumping on that.

Rifftrax-Shorts V.01
Rifftrax-Night Of The Living Dead
Rifftrax-Reefer Madness
Rifftrax- Three Stooges-Swing Parade
Rifftrax-Little Shop Of Horrors
Rifftrax-Carnival Of Souls
Rifftrax- Missile To The Moon
Rifftrax-Plan 9 From Outer Space
Rifftrax-House On Haunted Hill
Rifftrax-Shorts V.02

http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=70492734

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Plavski posted:

I figured $3 is $3 and picked up the Running Man.

Oh God, it's awful. A very very poor riff. The guys can't deliver their lines and it's just a non-stop series of puns. Literally 60% of the riffing is puns, Arnie puns being especially irritating. You're shocked when a non-pun comes up as it takes you completely by surprised, so lulled into pun-related boredom are you.

Wow, I couldn't even make it through the sample. That takes some talent since I imagine the sample is the funniest part.

Billy Gnosis fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Jul 11, 2009

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

They tried doing a thing where you would put the DVD into your computer and run it through their player which was supposed to sync but as far as I know it never really worked that great.

I think there was something stupid about how some dvd's were mastered or encoded (something to with macrovision, maybe)?. I never had any trouble with the ones I tried and I found it great. There just weren't that many riffs with it available. I think it was transformers 2 was the first one I bought after I started using the player that didn't have it for some reason and that was probably around when they discontinued it.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

I think I saw it in the theaters multiple times as a kid. I think its not a bad movie just because its so bizarre, like no one who made it ever saw the game.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

admataY posted:

I think " cyborg cop II " is under-represented in this thread. Not only its a great riff, the movie itself is unironically enjoyable piece of action b-movie cheese ( if a bit lacking in actual on screen cyber cops ) .

Also it was filmed in South Africa, any yet it supposedly takes place in Des Moines of all places, with its rampant cocaine slave problems.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Sephyr posted:

Wow. Demon Bat is really funny, but at times the sadness of the whole enterprise detracts from the humor.

I wonder if the guy had a moment of conscience during the film and thought "Good lord, I'm a hack. I'm out here chasing nothing and pretending it's some great adventure when it's actually the world's lamest snipe hunt".

Even if he thought that, thought his editors sure were going the full History Channel on the final cut.

I wonder how much the editing made him come off as ignorant and insulting to the Mexicans.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

The racism was a little much, even if it was supposed to come from jerk characters. I guess mainly because it didn't really seem to exist to further the plot in any way. But then again, there was barely a plot.

It is definitely a must watch either way.

Also, apparently the actress that played Tammy is one of the Real Housewives of Atlanta

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

rereedrumr posted:

We actually cut about a minute and a half of solid, stone cold racism from the roommate whose brother comes to live with them. Really out of place stuff in such a stupid movie. Not sure if the whole movie is available anywhere on line to see it though.

That is awesome about the house being for sale!

Wow that is shocking. I wonder if Tammy then was more of a "Look we aren't racist, She's a hero" kind of thing vs. making the characters look bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

I might be going crazy but I think thats Omar Gooding (brother of Cuba Jr. and of "Wild & Crazy Kids" fame) in the latest short.

• Locked thread