Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alowishus
Jan 8, 2002

My name is Mud
How can I definitively determine the blocksize of a EMC Clariion CX3 RaidGroup?

I've got a script that is pulling a "navcli getall" report and parsing it to produce a web-based report about free space. Unfortunately, all I get from the report for each RaidGroup is this:
code:
Raw Capacity (Blocks):                     633262480
Logical Capacity (Blocks):                 506609984
Free Capacity (Blocks,non-contiguous):     296894784
By looking at a LUN on that RaidGroup:
code:
LUN Capacity(Megabytes):    102400
LUN Capacity(Blocks):       209715200
... I can infer that the blocksize is 2048, but is that something I can rely on to always be the case? If not, is there an easier way to get it out of Navisphere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alowishus
Jan 8, 2002

My name is Mud

rage-saq posted:

Get an HP SmartArray P800 card and then attack up to 8 MSA60 12xLFF enclosures.
P800 is about $1k, each shelf is about $3k and then add your 1TB LFF SATA drives and you are good to go. If you need more attach another P800 and more shelves etc.
Just out of curiosity, in an HP environment, how does one add their own 1TB LFF SATA drives? Is there a source for just the drive carriers? Because using HP's 1TB SATA drives @~$700/ea makes this quite an expensive solution.