Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cypherks
Apr 9, 2003

EMC partner here. I can answer pretty much any question about the CX3 line and probably the CX4.

I do mostly Clariion and VMware installs.

Has anyone played with the new Brocade 8GB stuff, or FCoE?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cypherks
Apr 9, 2003

R-Type posted:

Do you know what would be awesome? A good, clear MS iSCSI Initatior MPIO configuration guide for setting up both HA and path aggregation. I'm embarrassed to admit that I don't understand how to clearly establish MPIO between multipule ports between A W2k8 box and a iSCSI SAN like Openfiler. It seems like MS will only want to use only one NIC regardless of how many are installed (in my case, the iSCSI lan is connected to a intel 1000 PL PCIe dual port NIC.

Why would you use a software Initiator? iSCSI cards aren't too expensive.

In any event, yes, MS is pretty bleak with their iSCSI documentation.