Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wicaeed
Feb 8, 2005

evil_bunnY posted:

Netapp just made us an offer we literally could not refuse. I can PM you the pricing if you'd like. I don't know what tegile costs (they have no VARs here).

I would be interested to know this as well!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicaeed
Feb 8, 2005
Is it normal for HPE Support to be really cagey about giving bug details?

We have a HPE StoreOnce system that experiences intermittent crashing of the SMB shares it serves, a reboot fixes this, however the Windows shares take about 30 minutes to come back after a reboot.

Asking HP Support for more details as to what is going on to actually cause the bug and I'm being stonewalled...

Wicaeed
Feb 8, 2005
Anyone have experience with HPE StoreOnce/Catalyst & Veeam Backup?

We are using a 100TB StoreOnce as a CIFS-based backup repository and been having nothing but trouble with the StoreOnce shares going away randomly, requiring a reboot of the array to recover.

We do have some other backups going with HPE Catalyst and that seems to not be having the same issues and am considering moving our Veeam shares to Catalyst instead of straight CIFS, however it seems there's a lot of caveats to consider before doing that.

Wicaeed
Feb 8, 2005

evil_bunnY posted:

I feel ya about EMC but Isilon is going to be it. It's not the worst EMC product TBH

Prepare to get reamed for your renewals after your initial warranty is up.

Wicaeed
Feb 8, 2005
Haven't been exposed to Nimble in a year or so, but if memory serves the CS215 was the bottom of the barrel entry level array for poors like, 6 years ago.

That's not to say they aren't still in support, but I'm fairly sure you should be able to find Nimble EOS/EOL information on the HP website, as bad as it is.

I'd also check the available information from HPE InfoSight, if their arrays are registered.

Wicaeed
Feb 8, 2005
God help me, our company keeps deciding to go with this all-flash storage vendor named Kaminario.

I'd never heard of them before I started at this company, and I'm starting to wonder if some VP somewhere has money invested in them.

I never thought I'd miss an HPE product, but I swear to god all of our problems with pinpointing what is causing the slowness on these arrays would be instantly solved by having Infosight :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicaeed
Feb 8, 2005
I mean Nimble does have their expandable hybrid-flash arrays that last I looked were somewhat affordable.