Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Missing Fox
Apr 19, 2015
Just finished Seasons After Fall
  • There are no missable achievements, you can explore freely at the end.
  • Try barking at everything, especially if it's glowing.
  • Can't move and nothing appears to be happening? Try barking a few times.
  • Stand still in the glowing water to teleport. To teleport something else, get it to stand still in the water.
  • When you're drawing shapes with bugs, changing seasons changes the line shape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Anything for Dragon’s Dogma 2 if I never played the first one? Is Mage an okay vocation?

And this is a loving long shot here but anything for Ultimate ADOM Caverns of Chaos on Switch? By god what a buggy piece of poo poo but having a nice big roguelike on Switch is too tempting to pass up.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Rockman Reserve posted:

And this is a loving long shot here but anything for Ultimate ADOM Caverns of Chaos on Switch? By god what a buggy piece of poo poo but having a nice big roguelike on Switch is too tempting to pass up.

Please for your own sake get one of the Shiren games on switch instead.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Never been able to jive with Shiren, I need a character creator to be even a little bit invested. The closest thing I’ve found on Switch to scratching the deep roguelike itch is Tangledeep.

E: seriously though Ultimate ADOM on switch has a ton of on-screen buttons and icons that should be clickable but don’t respond to the touchscreen lol

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Ultimate Adom is a broken piece of poo poo

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Rockman Reserve posted:

Anything for Dragon’s Dogma 2 if I never played the first one? Is Mage an okay vocation?

Nothing you need to know about the first one to play this one. Mage is a fine vocation (allof them are, except for one real poo poo one you unlock later), but keep in mind they are also the healer so you'll be in charge of keeping your group alive (unless you get another mage of course). Feel free to switch at a vocation guild whenever you feel like it, there's no penalty.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Anyone have any tips for Arcade Paradise?

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Anyone have any tips for Arcade Paradise?

* It doesn't take long before money from the arcades far outpace anything else in the business

* There's no real penalty to neglecting cleaning clothes, except you get a little less money for it, so don't worry too much about them.

* If you're playing a game when the business closes, you can still keep playing to your heart's content. But if you stop, then you won't be able to play it again until the next day.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Vadun posted:

Ultimate Adom is a broken piece of poo poo

It is but i bought it for 4 bux too cause its a trad roguelike on console. Not that annoying to play unless the game does that thing where it bugs out and you cant shortcut anything but otherwise it's the only game in town afaik (I'm on ps so no shiren)

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Anything for Coromon?

homewrecker
Feb 18, 2010
Anyone have any tips for Starlink : Battle for Atlas ? I'm playing on Switch and decided to start out as Fox McCloud, using the Arwing, if that makes any difference.

EDIT: Oh, and I'm playing it digitally (i.e. not using any of the physical toys).

homewrecker fucked around with this message at 03:37 on May 6, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU
Cookie Cutter
  • The blue flash indicates an attack can be parried, but the timing on it is misleading. You actually want to watch the enemy attack animation and press the button just as it makes contact instead. The basic enemies where they teach it to you are also particularly bad targets for it, some later enemies telegraph their attacks better and it becomes more worthwhile to do as enemies get tankier.
  • If you're a completionist, there's destroyable flying TVs that count toward your item %, but don't get marked on the map if spotted. Area completion % also seems based on items rather than filling out the map and I've had bugs with map areas resetting then needing to be discovered a second time. I wouldn't go chase filling out every map square unless you really want to and even then it may be best to wait until the final collectathon.