Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CloseFriend
Aug 21, 2002

Un malheur ne vient jamais seul.
More Persona 2 tips now that I'm getting buttraped:

· Since Maya and Lisa will probably be your two big offensive mages, and coincidentally also your two big healers, they're going to need to switch back and forth frequently. It's better to set the turn mode to Single for bosses and Normal/Auto for regular enemies.
· Keep your starting Personae in your immediate queue, even in the endgame. Lower-level Personae have lower SP usage. During those trademark Shin Megami Tensei battles of attrition, every last SP can count, and if all your Personae have only high-level spells your rear end is rape. (EDIT: Also, the starting Personae are probably going to have MAX rank by this point anyway, which means you'll have a big selection with them.)
· For the same reason, the worst thing you can do when creating a mid-level Persona is assign lower-level spells of an element it has. For instance, you don't want to give Agi to a creature who has Maragilao or Agidyne. The low-level spell will use the same amount of SP as your higher-level spells, so you're basically wasting SP.

CloseFriend fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Oct 1, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Purefish
Jun 12, 2008
Mega Man Zero series

Always use the cheat that gives you an S-rank after every mission. If you don't have an S or A rank, the bosses won't use all of their attacks.

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

I want to leave my mind blank, but I'm terrified of what will happen if I do

DontDateRobots! posted:

Since I've got that base covered with Shepard, do you think I'm all right with the girl and the Turian? Or should I bring along someone else with adept skills? He's got a mix of combat and tech, and she's all combat.

If you're going for achievements, pick your party and stick with it no matter what.

On easier difficulties, it really doesn't matter. Honestly, Ashley/Tali is a great combination with an adept, because you have everything specced. Just make sure to keep Tali's Electronics and Decryption up.

quote:

Is it possible to screw myself over on a mission by saying the wrong thing?

No, but it is possible to miss assignments if you decline them.

quote:

There was some random guy in the Citadel markets, and by the second response I pissed him off and he disappeared. He's still listed in the journal under assignments saying I should talk to him, but I can't find him anywhere.

Don't worry about it. Just make sure to visit the Citadel after every major mission.

:ssh: We also have a Mass Effect thread :ssh: We probably ought not to clutter this thread up too much.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

uggy posted:

Any tips when playing The Suffering for the first time?

Every time you hear the whispering voices giving different advice is a good or evil choice that will effect your ending. If you want the good ending listen to the woman, the evil ending listen to the man.

I don't think they really change how the game plays out at all so go with whatever you want for the ending.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

DontDateRobots! posted:

Since I've got that base covered with Shepard, do you think I'm all right with the girl and the Turian? Or should I bring along someone else with adept skills? He's got a mix of combat and tech, and she's all combat.

Is it possible to screw myself over on a mission by saying the wrong thing? I'm always afraid to do the Renegade option, as half the time what Shepard says is a billion times more needlessly bitchy than I expected. There was some random guy in the Citadel markets, and by the second response I pissed him off and he disappeared. He's still listed in the journal under assignments saying I should talk to him, but I can't find him anywhere.

Thanks for the help!

You should be fine with the Turian and Ashley. And in some parts in the game, yes your words have actions to them. Just put either all of your points into charm or all of your points into intimidate, and you can breeze through 95% of all situations. Don't mix and match points in the categories too much. Also, if one of your characters asks you to retrieve armor for them, do it.

Also, is this the mission that you get from C-sec? I think you have to talk to your contact in C-sec again to progress.

MarciiS
Dec 21, 2007
You gonna get touched.
FIGHT NIGHT ROUND 3

General Tips
-Use button configuration 3. This will allow you to use both buttons and total punch control (sticks) for fighting.
-Use total punch control to throw haymakers and flash TKO's Practice adding them to your arsenal, and only use them when you have an opening. Using them offensively without an available counter will get you put on the mat.
-Quit throwing so many drat punches. Missed or poorly landed shots are extremely ineffective and do nothing but tire your boxer out very fast.
-A good offense is a stellar defense. Learn to parry and lean out and away from an opponents shots. The best way to win a fight is with counters.
-Don't come out swinging with hooks and uppercuts when on the offensive. Missing with a jab is far less stamina-consuming than missing with a right hook. Learn to use jabs and crosses to create openings, then counter with larger punches when your opponent makes a mistake.
-Smokin' Joe Fraziers special punch is by far the best one to use. It can easily be followed by multiple haymakers and is excellent for counter shots.
-When an opponent is tearing into you, don't just sit there and try to trade blows, back up. Back up and try to get back into a strong defense/counter offense.
-You will take more damage using the philly shell defense, but in my opinion, it's worth the extra time you are awarded for a successful parry. My best fight so far is 3 punches. One flash KO, one haymaker, down. One flash KO, immediately down. Thank you philly shell.
-Focus on the gut when fighting a human opponent. 9 times out of 10 they're far more worried about taking shots to the face than the gut, and they won't block low as often.
-It's really not that hard. Use lean and guard at the same time when on the defense.

Career Mode Tips
-The name of the game is max training and stats before your fighter reaches age 35. Once he hits 35, retire. Otherwise your stats will decrease with each fight you do after.
-When making a new fighter, if you have the king as a trainer, don't put ANY points into heart. ZERO. You will still have 100 heart in no time when using the king as your trainer before each fight. He's free and his specialty is heart, the other free trainer has no specialty.
-Lose your first 10-15 amateur fights on purpose. There is hardly any time in between the fights (2-3 weeks) which means far more training sessions before you reach 35.
-Always take the earliest fight possible. if you have a choice between 9 weeks, 12 weeks, and 15 weeks, always go with 9 weeks. Less time between fights = more training for your fighter. More training = better stats.
-Don't worry about money. ESPECIALLY don't let it be a consideration when choosing your next fight. By the time you retire you will have plenty of money for everything you need.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Spuzzz posted:

SMT3: Nocturne

-You will die a lot, save all you can
-You can only recruit demons that are your level or below. You can't talk to some, like blobs, without special skills.
-Some demons will evolve when they have learned all thier skills. Some demons can only be gained through evolution.
-Know your weaknesses. No amount of grinding will save you from a boss if you leave yourself weak to its attacks.
-Always try to fight bosses on New Kagutsuchi, they will be at thier weakest.
-Buffs and debuffs actually matter. Sukukaja/Fog breath will give you the most bang for your buck.
-You can only learn a skill once. If you choose to get rid of one, you can'y get it back. Plan early on if you want to be a melee powerhouse or a caster. Always have at least one healing spell to back up your healing demon.
-The Amala network is an optional dungeon. If you finish it before going into final dungeon though it will lock you into a certain ending.

Just to add further to this:

-Keep Focus, especially if you're planning on getting the aforementioned ending involving the Amala network. It is probably the most important physical skill in the game.
-Your main character's best skills are physical.
-The best magatama in the game gives you +10 to all your stats, if you want to plan accordingly.
-Keep the pixie you get at the very beginning of the game. I think that you can fuse her into other stuff, so long as you keep that other stuff. Just make sure you remember what she ends up as.
-The hardest part of Hard difficulty are the first few non-random fights. Don't be too discouraged if you die over and over again to these. They just suck.
-Get something that nulls force for Matador. Seriously.

QtoZ
Oct 29, 2003

No matter where you go, there you are.
Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura

-Turn the battle system on turn based.
-If you're a mage, get Pain.
-Fighting loving hard enemies? Have Pain ready and turn the battle on to free time and rapid-fire Pain as the enemy runs at you. You'll attack a lot faster and far, far more often than turn based.

Yancy_Street
Nov 26, 2007

drunk octopus
wants to fight you

uggy posted:

Any tips when playing The Suffering for the first time?

- Don't horde your insanity. The more you use it, the more you level up its power.
- Tossing a flash (or any other) grenade down a burrower hole will instakill them.
- Make sure you don't miss the doctor's file on Torque after you defeat him at the asylum. It's spoilerific.
- Don't play the sequel. It's not bad, but the plot craps all over the first game by trying to saddle Torque with excess mental baggage.
- Yes, that guy just said oval office. Yes, that prisoner was making veiled references to a gay prison lover. Yes, this game will gleefully kill children.

God, I adored The Suffering...

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Stealthgerbil posted:

Counter Strike 1.6
-Remember that people can hear you when you run, so walk if you are about to enter an area with hostiles or if you are sneaking.
-Always use the small cross hair size.
-The scout is more accurate in the first level of magnification on the scope, the second level, while closer, actually isn't as accurate.There is no difference.
-If you are CT, always buy a kit.... enough said.
-if you are a T, when you get into the bomb site and it is clear hit c-4 to radio in 'sector clear', it is a big help for the bomb runner.The fact that you're not dead the second you enter the site should be indication enough.
-Also if you are the bomb runner, never charge in first. Your job is to make it to the bomb site alive and unhurt so you can protect it well.It's better to be first than last/second to last. Harder to run back and pick up the bomb if killed. Hell usually the first guy is the bomb carrier unless you're running a fake/screen.
-It is easy to wall people if you pop out for a split second and then just fire through the wall where they are. If you know the map well enough to can adjust for them running as well. Alternatively, you can spam common spots. In 1.6 weapons do more damage through walls then in source, so it is a more common tactic.
-The famas is possibly the best rifle in the game, simply because the 3 shot burst can kill people instantly. However you need good aim.It's cheaper but splurge on the Colt if you can.
-Do not use an SMG if possible. They cannot shoot through walls, do minimal damage at a distance, and are more inaccurate then most rifles.If you win pistol round, go MP5.
-The key to killing people is burst fire. The guns in 1.6 are very accurate when fired in bursts.Tapping with the AK for 2 shots or 3 with the Colt is better IMO if you can hit them in the head at a good rate.
-If you do spray at a person, you can compensate for your spray by aiming lower. Just watch where your bullets hit and adjust accordingly..Aim for the chest then head down a bit.
Hate to bring this up from the first page but... just my tips from playing CS for... way way way way way too long.

pesty13480
Nov 13, 2002

Ask me about peasant etymology!
Thief: The Dark Project, Thief Gold, Thief 2: The Metal Age, Thief: Deadly Shadows

If you're having trouble with the undead and can't figure out a reliable way to fight them, consider that they can be harmed by throwing holy symbols at them in addition to the standard fire arrows, flash bombs, and holy water. Now ask yourself, what common belonging to the Hammerites happens to be just sitting around on the ground all over the place, just waiting to be lobbed into your foes.

Hammers, anyone?

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Losanda posted:

what he said

Why not?

AcridWhistle
Aug 20, 2003

Feasting on the flesh of a recently killed zombie probably wasn't the smartest of moves

FordCQC posted:

Breakdown

Are you serious? This game is not that hard.

How far did you get? The very last section is pure bullshit Lets throw tons of enemies at you in waves, two heavies, two regular guys, and two laser arms . Pure bullshit.

It was hard but that section put it in a whole new difficulty.

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

pesty13480 posted:

Thief: The Dark Project, Thief Gold, Thief 2: The Metal Age, Thief: Deadly Shadows

If you're having trouble with the undead and can't figure out a reliable way to fight them, consider that they can be harmed by throwing holy symbols at them in addition to the standard fire arrows, flash bombs, and holy water. Now ask yourself, what common belonging to the Hammerites happens to be just sitting around on the ground all over the place, just waiting to be lobbed into your foes.

Hammers, anyone?

What??? Are you serious?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

AcridWhistle posted:

How far did you get? The very last section is pure bullshit Lets throw tons of enemies at you in waves, two heavies, two regular guys, and two laser arms . Pure bullshit.

It was hard but that section put it in a whole new difficulty.

And I can't beat the stupid section. I really want to beat the game.

Keyboard Fox
Apr 14, 2006

CALM THE HELL DOWN
Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood
-The game's easy enough that you can't 'screw yourself over' on stat point placement. But it helps to remember that ATK and DEF are actually accuracy and evasion, so don't increase ATK on your support characters, thinking that you're actually getting them decent damage.
-Be sure to get Cream the Rabbit and E-123 Omega. The game will warn you before you go past the point of no return for either one (I think).
-When your team splits up, don't put all your good characters with Sonic. The other team gets into more fights (especially if you get lost like I did)

Megaman 9
-Have at least one E-tank before entering the last part of the game. Maybe two. Hell, get the maximum just to be sure.

J2DK
Oct 6, 2004

Playtime has ended.
Devil May Cry 4
- This game is much easier than Devil May Cry 3 on the highest difficulty.
- After beating the Demon Hunter (Normal) difficulty, the enemies change. For all four subsequent difficulty settings, you'll run into fewer Scarecrows and more of the Forsts (ice guys) and Assaults (lizards). You'll even see more Blitzes (electric guys).
- Try Nero in the Bloody Palace, first.
- Dante is usually more fun to use and more complex, but Nero is much more powerful thanks to the Buster, Snatch, and Level III charged shot.
- Nero's charge shot level III hurts on impact and explodes after a few seconds. The explosion hurts enemies close to your victim and can keep one demon busy for a good seven to ten seconds while you beat up on a different demon and charge another shot.
- Assign "shoot" to a trigger you can easily charge shots with both characters and fight at the same time.
- Dante's Lucifer seems boring and useless, but ends up being his most powerful weapon against the plant boss, the ice frog, and the fire boss with the use of the Pin Up attack and Swordmaster style.
- Dante's Gilgamesh has an attack called Real Impact. If you activate Devil Trigger after Dante jumps into the air, Dante will inflict an extra hit and do almost twice as much damage.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

Keyboard Fox posted:

But it helps to remember that ATK and DEF are actually accuracy and evasion

WHAAAAAT

That would explain why Rouge's attacks have been incredibly weak. In chapter 3, Sonic/Big/Knuckles/Cream seems to be a good lineup. (Also, leaving Cream equipped with Cheese lets you get a ridiculous number of critical/Lucky! hits.)

Mint Mania IIDX
Aug 21, 2007

by Fragmaster

Purefish posted:

Mega Man Zero series

Always use the cheat that gives you an S-rank after every mission. If you don't have an S or A rank, the bosses won't use all of their attacks.
S-Rank cheat?

i need to punch
Aug 27, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Three Red Lights posted:

Why not?

Motherfucker took on the GOD OF WAR and his two best friends, all at the same time, and came out to a draw.

Listen to Yuan Shao. Don't Pursue Lu Bu.

Benedikt XVI
Aug 30, 2008

by Ozma

TheYellowChicken posted:

Motherfucker took on the GOD OF WAR and his two best friends, all at the same time, and came out to a draw.

Listen to Yuan Shao. Don't Pursue Lu Bu.

You are weak. It's totally doable. You just need a ton of time and be very, very, very careful.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

MarciiS posted:

FIGHT NIGHT ROUND 3

General Tips
-Use button configuration 3. This will allow you to use both buttons and total punch control (sticks) for fighting.
-Use total punch control to throw haymakers and flash TKO's Practice adding them to your arsenal, and only use them when you have an opening. Using them offensively without an available counter will get you put on the mat.
-Quit throwing so many drat punches. Missed or poorly landed shots are extremely ineffective and do nothing but tire your boxer out very fast.
-A good offense is a stellar defense. Learn to parry and lean out and away from an opponents shots. The best way to win a fight is with counters.
-Don't come out swinging with hooks and uppercuts when on the offensive. Missing with a jab is far less stamina-consuming than missing with a right hook. Learn to use jabs and crosses to create openings, then counter with larger punches when your opponent makes a mistake.
-Smokin' Joe Fraziers special punch is by far the best one to use. It can easily be followed by multiple haymakers and is excellent for counter shots.
-When an opponent is tearing into you, don't just sit there and try to trade blows, back up. Back up and try to get back into a strong defense/counter offense.
-You will take more damage using the philly shell defense, but in my opinion, it's worth the extra time you are awarded for a successful parry. My best fight so far is 3 punches. One flash KO, one haymaker, down. One flash KO, immediately down. Thank you philly shell.
-Focus on the gut when fighting a human opponent. 9 times out of 10 they're far more worried about taking shots to the face than the gut, and they won't block low as often.
-It's really not that hard. Use lean and guard at the same time when on the defense.
I just thought I'd add that if you're like me and completely lack the ability to "parry" (I can never get the system to work for me and only parry 1 out of 6 or 7 blows) you need to find some other defensive alternative. Whether it's dodging or blocking but you need to learn how to outlast your opponent.

I find blocking low while rocking left and right is great when fighting the computer. You can quickly lean back if necessary and often you'll entice them to punch and miss and out of 2-3 punches you can almost always drop a vicious cross or uppercut of your own, which I'll do twice as much damage as a normal one.

Work one side of your opponent's face. Choose either right or left and occasionally do a random jab throughout the fight. When you notice them rolling in pain with your punches on that side dish out some crosses to that side to open up a cut. When you see a trickle of blood just loving rip it open by tossing out lots of jabs. While it'll almost never stop the fight open cuts will do extra damage when hit.

Also work your opponent's body if they're faster than you. Always, always, always work the body. It'll get them tired and slower. Plus the computer, I've found, prefers to lean back to avoid blows allowing you to almost always pop the occasional low uppercut and having it land.

Gray Stormy
Dec 19, 2006

On a whim I bought all three episodes of Xenosaga used for $10. Anything I should know before plunging into this?

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector
Homeworld:
-Steal everything you can.
-No really, EVERYTHING. Even if it is poo poo or you want the unit cap back, you can just retire the ship.
-Stealing also lets you break the puny limits of unit cap. Hello, wall of 100 ion frigates!
-Stealing the pirates' stuff is probably your best bet for a lot of the beginning
-Steal fuel pods.
-Enough heavy corvettes being healed by repair/support stuff are amazing against anything.

Homeworld 2:
-They lied to you, Homeworld 2 is not a RTS.
-It is a TBS, since if you want to win you will have to pause practically second and micro stupid poo poo. The moment something dies, pause and redirect your blob into killing the next important target.
-PULSARS PULSARS PULSARS, if you use gunships beyond the free ones, you're stupid.
-There will always be breaches in the starboard fusion chamber, do not grow attached to your frigates.
-Using all torpedo frigates is actually not the best of ideas unless you feel like making ion platforms out the wazoo.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

J2DK posted:

Devil May Cry 4
- Dante's Gilgamesh has an attack called Real Impact. If you activate Devil Trigger after Dante jumps into the air, Dante will inflict an extra hit and do almost twice as much damage.

:eng101: You can actually get in two extra hits. RIGHT after the moment of impact, when the action pauses for a second, press the DT button, and you'll get an extra, full power hit. Press the DT button in the air again after the third hit, when the action pauses AGAIN, and you'll get ANOTHER extra, full power hit.

You don't have to be regular or DT'd to start this. It works either way.

Even on DMD, this will take away at least 1/4th of a boss's health.

Orfeo
Nov 27, 2007

Ectobiology sure does involve a lot of button pushing.

m2pt5 posted:

WHAAAAAT

That would explain why Rouge's attacks have been incredibly weak. In chapter 3, Sonic/Big/Knuckles/Cream seems to be a good lineup. (Also, leaving Cream equipped with Cheese lets you get a ridiculous number of critical/Lucky! hits.)

If you look at the Codex, it goes into condescending levels of explanation of these particular facts. What boggled my mind was learning Big was a SUPPORT character.

i need to punch
Aug 27, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Benedikt XVI posted:

You are weak. It's totally doable. You just need a ton of time and be very, very, very careful.

Never said it wasn't doable. But you really think someone will be able to do it the first time they play it?

Benedikt XVI
Aug 30, 2008

by Ozma

TheYellowChicken posted:

Never said it wasn't doable. But you really think someone will be able to do it the first time they play it?

LET THEM TRY! Being beat to a pulp by the almighty Lu Bu is an essential DW experience.

Spore

Everything you build is purely cosmetic with two exceptions:
1) Being carnivore/omnivore/herbivore in the first stage determines many of your additional skills in all the other stages.
2) Creature phase, but more doesn't help more.

To end the game:
Look for the Sol system and a nearby wormhole will take you almost to the center of the galaxis. You need atleast interstellar drive 3.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Secret Ooze posted:

On a whim I bought all three episodes of Xenosaga used for $10. Anything I should know before plunging into this?
*Keep an open mind with the constant cutscenes and battle mechanics. I consider all of them awful but can be made fun.
*People say the third is the best but it shits on the storytelling due to cutbacks.
*Don't bother wasting tech points into stats and only into making your special moves into high speed.
*AWGS are almost useless but have tons of health, avoid flamers/heavy weapons as they make your slow machine slower.
*Do whatever you can to make your attacks elemental and debuff enemies with the opposite element.
*Buy enough of the anti-Gnosis items in Ep.3 to make your characters 100% immune to crystallization. Remember to buy 99 of that cheap full recovery item that has the deadly side-effect. You will be set.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Oct 3, 2008

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese
This is a good thread so I will help out, too

Civilization: Revolution
  • Crank out at least 3 warriors in your first city to explore and fight barbarians. You want to hit 100 gold as soon as possible for the free settler.
  • On medium-and-higher difficulties, the first thing you should do when settling a new city is to build an army of whatever your current defensive unit is - archers, pikemen, riflemen, whatever. Then later use Leonardo's workshop to upgrade them to the latest, and you'll never have to worry about anyone ninja'ing a city of yours.
  • Get the monarchy tech as soon as it's feasible. Having knights (or your civ's special equivalent) before anyone else will break the mid-game open in your favor.
  • The following wonders are useless, don't build them: Pyramids, Oracle, Manhattan Project
  • The following wonders are awesome, always try to get them: Himeji Samurai Castle (+3 attack to any stack), Magna Carta, Hanging Gardens
  • Always try to build walls in your frontier cities. They make defending an unexpected rush from a former ally immensely easier.
  • When attacking cities, put your army stack on a hill whenever possibly for a 50% boost.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

Orfeo posted:

If you look at the Codex

Well there's the problem. I haven't even bothered.

Keyboard Fox
Apr 14, 2006

CALM THE HELL DOWN
Might and Magic VI: The Madate of Heaven
-Have at least one cleric or one sorcerer in your party. There's spells only they can learn.
-When you first start out, enter the inn and get the reward from the cultist guy, then head to the stable and buy passage to Castle Ironfist. Head up the hill to the castle and get another reward from the regent. You should have around 5500 gold to get some decent starting equipment and spells with.
-Outfit everyone with bows, even if you don't plan to improve their archery skills.
-Horseshoes grant bonus skill points, and respawn when the area resets (at intervals of 6 months or 1 year)

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

VarangianSam posted:

Homeworld

-Salvage everything you can. You can retire some salvaged ships for RUs, and others are very useful for bolstering the strength of your fleet.
-Ships are generally strongest in the front, and weakest around the engines. Whenever you can, try to encircle the enemy and even hit them in the rear when possible. Make sure to watch your ships' sixes as well.
-Scouts are tiny and weak, but if you put them on Evasive tactics in X formation, very little will be able to hit them and they will make fantastic diversions.
-Never put your capital ships in formation. They'll move far too slowly. You should always put your strike craft (fighters, corvettes) in X formation when moving, Claw when attacking a single target, and Sphere in a major battle. These formations maximize damage and make them harder to hit than Delta/Broad/Wall.
-Enemy capital ships will often attempt to ram yours when their situation gets desperate. Keep your capitals constantly moving!
-Ion frigates
-Don't pursue Lu Bu

Homeworld 2

-Single player is impossible, don't even try.

Homeworld

If you play multiplayer, build Scouts and ignore all other fighters. Target the enemy. Hit F2, then K, then mash the Z button 4000 times. Your Scouts are now untouchable.

If you're playing multiplayer still, that cheat code that the chat room said gave you invulnerability is why your Mothership just exploded. Don't feel bad, just tell everyone else you play that amazing and blessed code. Everyone falls for ACCESS or ESSENTIAL at least once (it was ACCESS for me).

Homeworld 2

Oh God you tried single player didn't you? Well you should know that your Frigates have a lifespan of approximately 20 seconds. Also, Pulsar Corvettes are exceedingly good at ripping other Corvettes, Fighters, and some Frigates to pieces. Build as many Pulsar Corvettes as you can.

Civilization 4

At the beginning of the game, keep at least one warrior on your city, while you research Bronze Working. Once you've got that, build an archer, and fortify him on your city. Use your previously fortifying warrior to look for bronze. Once you find it, build a settler and make a city on/near the bronze. There, enjoy your swordsmen. That should make things easier for you.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Oct 4, 2008

CloseFriend
Aug 21, 2002

Un malheur ne vient jamais seul.
So I'm thinking about playing Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together, but I can tell just by playing a few battles that the plot has multiple branches. Anything I should know about where the plot branches or how I can prepare for it? I know about grinding by having your party fight itself, but beyond that, I've only ever just guessed.

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.
Theme Park

* DO NOT INVEST IN STAFF TRAINING - it will break your handymen, causing them to run around mindlessly and not actually clean anything. Just set their patrol areas and keep an eye on them.

* Don't build too much at once. Wait until your existing park is turning a profit first.

* Building multiple Monorail stations and linking them together gives you an attractive method of transporting guests.

Earth Defence Force 2017

* Go into the Options menu and turn Camera Effects off. This will prevent the camera suddenly abandoning you mid-firefight to focus on something else.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Strife

Don't do what Harris asks of you.

Keyboard Fox
Apr 14, 2006

CALM THE HELL DOWN
King's Bounty: The Legend
-Prioritize doing the main questline at least until you get the chest of rage. Aside from dramatically increasing your effectiveness, its skills level up the more you use them.

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

Dungeon Crawl

* You will die. A lot. It's normal.
* When in doubt, run away. Actually, try to run away anyways.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

What should I know before going to the first dungeon in Onett in Earthbound?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrocat
Oct 31, 2006
not a furry
More questions about Disgaea DS. What the gently caress is transmigration and when should I bother with it?