Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you
Any tips when playing The Suffering for the first time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you

Keyboard Fox posted:

Anything I should know about Dragon Quest IV

I too just purchased this game and would like to know if there is anything important I should know when first starting it.

Thanks.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you

Ledneh posted:

Please god someone tell me how to get past the Krogan loving Battlemaster on the planet where you pick up Liara :gonk:

I hid behind cover and shot him when I saw him. I think he also was stupid. When he ran at me I ran for the hills.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you
The first 3-4 hours of Persona 4 are very long. You don't do much besides press X to push the story along. Stick with it though. :)

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you
Thanks for nothing. I already beat that game. :(

Also, make sure you keep everybody with good equipment, since you can use everybody during the final boss fight. You will run out of MP if you don't, unless you grind like a motherfucker.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you

Nate RFB posted:

If only Meena had a spell that healed the whole party, I don't think you could do much better than Hero/Alena/Maya/Meena. As it is I used that configuration for almost all of chapter 5 in DQIV but switched out Meena for Kiryl near the end game.

Holy poo poo. I did the exact same thing.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you

Sewer Shark posted:

Okay so it isn't my first time playing it but I never got too far into Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2. I wasn't getting anything to forge (or whatever the term was) into staffs and wands so my white/black mages were constantly hosed. Is there a way to get the right drops or is it all based on luck? Also are there any jobs and abilities that are must-haves or can I just do whatever in terms of team management?

You're going to get random drops and random missions. They do a pretty good job of forcing you to continue to switch classes. Later, you will get the staves and wands and poo poo for your more advanced spells, but in the meantime, continue to switch classes so that each character has a ton of different jobs. You pretty much have to, since you won't get weapons for a particular class quick enough.

I really haven't found any characters that are a must have. Considering you will have two classes abilities equipped to each character, it's nice to have mixed characters. The game really isn't that hard, so you can do what you want with classes and not be hurt too badly.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you
Make sure you use slavery. It is very powerful.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you

Buff Butler posted:

Civ 4:

Don't buy Warlords. The only thing it adds is a collection of scenarios, none of which are particularly interesting. Beyond the Sword has all of the good content from Warlords, plus some other cool new stuff. Even if you like spending money, Warlords adds literally nothing to the meat of the game, which is the randomly generated maps.

As far as what you should know while playing the game? Axemen and cottages.

Yes to cottages. When first playing, you'll probably want to farm everything. Cottages are way important. It took me a while to get over my fears and use cottages, but you have to do it.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you

SNOT CORN posted:

I had a hard time with him at first too but my solution was to kill all the other monsters first and then focus on him. If he gets too close bind him and run away until his group is alone.

Run away from him at first, and take out the other dudes, then focus everybody on him. That's the hardest battle for a while.

The game really isn't that hard once you get going. Just make sure to continue fusing your demons so that they keep up their base levels with enemies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you

Foul Fowl posted:

Going to run through Army of Two in a few days with a buddy, is there anything in particular I need to know? I really want to play through the game "blind" but I'm one of those people who freak out about upgrading lovely weapons and such, so I'm mostly asking is there's any outstandingly terrible/later replaced weapons I should avoid?

You'll get enough money through one run of the game that you can buy cheaper versions of weapons, upgrade them, and then buy the better version, and upgrade that one.

Personally, I hated the SMGs in the game. Pistols felt much better to me.