Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Stealthgerbil posted:

Counter Strike 1.6
-Remember that people can hear you when you run, so walk if you are about to enter an area with hostiles or if you are sneaking.
-Always use the small cross hair size.
-The scout is more accurate in the first level of magnification on the scope, the second level, while closer, actually isn't as accurate.There is no difference.
-If you are CT, always buy a kit.... enough said.
-if you are a T, when you get into the bomb site and it is clear hit c-4 to radio in 'sector clear', it is a big help for the bomb runner.The fact that you're not dead the second you enter the site should be indication enough.
-Also if you are the bomb runner, never charge in first. Your job is to make it to the bomb site alive and unhurt so you can protect it well.It's better to be first than last/second to last. Harder to run back and pick up the bomb if killed. Hell usually the first guy is the bomb carrier unless you're running a fake/screen.
-It is easy to wall people if you pop out for a split second and then just fire through the wall where they are. If you know the map well enough to can adjust for them running as well. Alternatively, you can spam common spots. In 1.6 weapons do more damage through walls then in source, so it is a more common tactic.
-The famas is possibly the best rifle in the game, simply because the 3 shot burst can kill people instantly. However you need good aim.It's cheaper but splurge on the Colt if you can.
-Do not use an SMG if possible. They cannot shoot through walls, do minimal damage at a distance, and are more inaccurate then most rifles.If you win pistol round, go MP5.
-The key to killing people is burst fire. The guns in 1.6 are very accurate when fired in bursts.Tapping with the AK for 2 shots or 3 with the Colt is better IMO if you can hit them in the head at a good rate.
-If you do spray at a person, you can compensate for your spray by aiming lower. Just watch where your bullets hit and adjust accordingly..Aim for the chest then head down a bit.
Hate to bring this up from the first page but... just my tips from playing CS for... way way way way way too long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Just started up Suikoden 2, about an hour into it and I was wondering if anyone had some tips or whatnot?

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

So anyone have anything for Suikoden 2? Characters that I have to get, items I have to get, etc? I just got finished infiltrating/spying on the Highland camp with Jowy and the main character.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

I just picked up Alpha Protocol($2 on Steam? Yes please) and I was wondering if there was anything I should know or avoid. Going for the stealthy suave agent kind of playthrough.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Ddraig posted:

On your first playthrough, do yourself a huge favour and just roll with the game. Don't constantly reload if things don't go your way, just take it in your stride and watch the consequences unfold.

How badly am I penalized if I don't complete missions stealthily or without minimal casualties? I'm going through one of the first missions and every time I set off an alarm I usually just reload to the previous checkpoint :geno:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Really old but anything for Shining Force?