Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wesley Walker
Nov 12, 2006

Soul Calibur IV

- online play is a completely different game than single player or the Tower
- pick one or two main characters and learn their moves in training
- concentrate on finding lows as they are much harder to block, especially in online

- if you're playing single player, read the game thread and find the Astaroth setup
- the AI is extremely vulnerable to throws and at high levels will flawlessly block just about anything

- if you're playing online, never play anyone with a connection lower than 4
- you can beat somebody who's played hundreds of matches if their win % is around 50
- mix highs and lows, find and use your character's quickest moves, don't worry too much about complex combos at first

Halo 3

- pick up a Battle Rifle, and keep the crosshairs on the enemy's head at all times

Wesley Walker fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Sep 28, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wesley Walker
Nov 12, 2006

Fatkraken posted:

so, I just bought Farenheit (indigo prophecy). The X-box version. I know it's supposed to be an interesting idea but flawed executoion, especially towards the end, I didn't pay much so I'm not too bothered and not expecting it to be perfect. Any tips for not getting bored and making it through to the end (no spoilers please if possible)?

I'm not all that sure how to answer this. I definitely agree with the consensus that the game gets really hokey and stupid in the last third, but either you'll finish it or you won't. Just don't take the story too seriously and don't get too attached to the superb mechanics of the first half of the game. I didn't and I finished it without much pause.

Spending your free time convincing yourself that people can fly might help as well.

Wesley Walker
Nov 12, 2006

Morpheus posted:

SH4 - Don't take the loving doll. Seriously. Don't do it. Leave it there.

I just read the LP for 4, I've never played it myself, and I remember him calling people who didn't pick up the doll pussies but I don't remember an explanation or follow up to that. What does the doll do exactly?

Silent Hill: Homecoming

Unless you've read the thread, you are going to be frustrated by the combat system. It has a pretty tangible learning curve. You have to learn the attack patterns of each individual monster as well as which of your weapons is most effective to kill it through trial and error. Until you learn these things, you will take a LOT of damage in combat. Just be prepared to be frustrated and know that it gets easier.

Also, resist the temptation to just wail away on dudes because that's how you'd do it in real life. The melee in this game is much more about controlled combos and reactions.

Wesley Walker fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Oct 20, 2008