Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Losanda posted:

what he said

Why not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

w00tles for poodles posted:

Simcity 4
- get the expansion and seriously consider getting at least the NAM addon and a

To clarify this isnt a "get the expansion it makes the experience better" its a "get the expansion because transport is actually loving broken without it" which I wish I knew when I bought the game and skimped on the extra £5 it would have been to get both.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Alpha Protocol, what skills are good and are there any that will gently caress me over in late game if I dont upgrade them?

massive spider fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Dec 30, 2010

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Megafunk posted:

I just got a few Hitman games from a steam sale. Hitman: Codename 47 Hitman 2 and Hitman: Blood Money. Should I play them all in order? And is there anything I should know?

The correct way to play the Hitman series is to skip the first one entirely, then play them in order becasue Blood Money is so much better than the others it makes them seem unplayable in comparison.

Also, it sounds like you didnt get contracts but the last few missions in contracts are remakes of the first (best) missions in 47 with a better engine which is all the more reason not to play it.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Monicro posted:

I've recently had the pleasure of having Fallout 1 and 2 gifted to me on Steam, is there anything important about those? Like what about this time limit in FO1 I've heard about?

Charisma defines how many followers you can have, but works 2 points = 1 extra follower. So if you have 7 or 5 charisma you just wasted a point.

Strength and endurance are good in the early game but get less important as you get better armor, perception and agility (best combat stat as it gives you more moves) are always useful, intelligence is more important for playing a talky character than charisma.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Monicro posted:

In Fallout 3 and New Vegas I played a sort of Charismatic Cowboy character (Speech and Guns). That would be viable, right?

Anyway, thanks for the help guys, I never expected this many replies :D

Speech and guns is a good character build, but remember Fallout 1 and 2 are slightly different than 3 and NV, in that those ones you get enough points and perks that no road is really closed to you if you decide to say, pick up a rocket launcher once in a while. In FO1 and 2 its best to just focus exclusively on one or two skills becasue you wont get enough points to be an effective jack of all trades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Ok so, super mario galaxy

From the zero punctuation review:

quote:

And some moments are appealingly hosed up when taken out of context, like force-feeding a guy sweeties so that he explodes and turns into a planet or crawling around on the exterior of a giant woman, picking debris out of her rampant pubic hair.

What the gently caress level was he talking about here? There's an LP of it in the forum but I just want to know if this is true rather than watch the whole thing.