Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gray Stormy
Dec 19, 2006

On a whim I bought all three episodes of Xenosaga used for $10. Anything I should know before plunging into this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gray Stormy
Dec 19, 2006

Scalding Coffee posted:

Remember to hate Shion.

I did before the first gnosis attack...Christ what a whine-rear end...

Gray Stormy
Dec 19, 2006

MurraneousX posted:

-If you hear vortigaunts spawning in, run for cover, their beam attack almost never misses if you're out in the open. But they take a while to charge and don't really move about so you can easily pop out and pop them between attacks.

Another option is to rush them with your shotgun. IIRC one point-blank shotgun round is enough to kill them. Keep yourself within pretty close range of them and they will stick to their melee attack, which comes with a pretty apparent windup.

Gray Stormy
Dec 19, 2006

I just bought myself Dead Rising, and am kind of overwhelmed a little.

I just finished fighting Carlito in the food court, then was promptly overtaken by a gigantic crowd of zombies.

Any tips?

Gray Stormy
Dec 19, 2006

blackguy32 posted:

Kent sucks. Kick his face in whenever you are goofing off and not playing seriously

Funny you should say that, his laugh reminds me of a guy actually named Kent. I wasted a bit of time bouncing chairs and other goodies off his skull.

Gray Stormy
Dec 19, 2006

Ddraig posted:

The game is designed around repeated playthroughs. If you gently caress something up, don't fret it, you can always play through again and you'll be stronger and know more about what to do.

I didnt totally realize this until my second or third death(who needs manuals?). I just kept loading my last save and trying to grind my way through the cases.

Any suggestions on 'must have' weapons? I usually try to keep a few katanas on me, since you can get them pretty early, but they seem to have poo poo for durability.

I played up to the boss fight with the motorcycling chick and saved/started over three times, the last time I fought her(and won) I had gotten to level 29 I think. I think Im getting close to the end of the game as Im one or two cases through the 8-* series. With 29 survivors too :clint:.

gently caress the mutiny people though

Gray Stormy
Dec 19, 2006

Ive got Ninja Gaiden 2 on its way right now.

How badly am I about to get my rear end beaten? Especially since I havent played an NG game since the NES days.

Gray Stormy
Dec 19, 2006

Popcorn posted:

Having said that... I hate to put a downer on your new purchase, but pretty much everyone (myself included) thinks NG1 is far better.

I had a bunch of GameFly coupons to get rid of, so no big loss if it totally blows :v:

It was either this or Too Human, and I really havent heard anything good about that.

Gray Stormy
Dec 19, 2006

I just wrapped up Ninja Gaiden 2. It wasnt as painful as I was expecting but there were definitely a couple of boss fights that made me put the game away for a few hours out of frustration.

I just picked up Earth Defense Force 2017 for $3 at a garage sale today, and you guys have given some awesome tips for everything so far.

Any dealbreakers on this one?

Gray Stormy
Dec 19, 2006

Anonononomous posted:

I picked up MDK and MDK 2 from GOG. I just tried playing MDK and didn't really get it. It seems to say in the manual that it's a stealth game but it seemed more like a fast paced third person shooter where you can't strafe. And then I blue screened.

What should I know?

For MDK, I can honestly only remember one, MAYBE two, "stealth" sections. And they were about three minutes long, if that.

Its pretty much like you said, run around and blow the gently caress out of everything. Remember that headshots in sniper mode are instant kills 99% of the time. You can also pretty much circle strafe any enemy in the game and come out alive.

Im not sure about MDK2 though, having never played it.

Gray Stormy
Dec 19, 2006

I picked up Dark Sector last night on impulse and 'ooo boxart' for dirt cheap. I just got the glaive and am so far enjoying myself tossing it around.

Any suggestions on this one? Or pretty much just play it as a 3rd person shooter?

Gray Stormy
Dec 19, 2006

Fuzz posted:

So how about some tips for God Hand. Haven't seen any so far in this thread.

Dodge. Then do it some more. Experiment with moves to find a combo setup that you are happy with. You can cheese the hell out of the game by dodge-canceling if you want to.

As far as setting up combos and whatnot, I usually set high-hitting moves to triangle, guard-break to X with a low-hitting powermove to down(whichever direction)+X, fast hitting moves on square and a crowd control move to down(whichever direction)+square. I dont like using the dodge-cancel stuff so I dont worry about basing my combos around using it.

It has a serious learning curve so be patient. You will find that almost all of your deaths will be caused by your own mistakes. Overcoming harder parts is incredibly satisfying.

I dont think Ive ever felt more badass than during a God Hand session. Beating the gently caress out of a group of midgets dressed like Power Rangers feels amazing. Especially once youve gotten really good and just breeze through them.

Gray Stormy fucked around with this message at 19:13 on May 7, 2009

Gray Stormy
Dec 19, 2006

I just came across Star Ocean: The Second Story in my game shelf and havent played it in a very long time.

Any particularly fun ways to break the poo poo out of it? Advice in general would also be appreciated.

Gray Stormy
Dec 19, 2006

Im going to run through Dungeon Siege again. Any fun gamebreakers?

Thats to those that gave me tips for Star Ocean 2. Ive never had that much fun steamrolling through a game. Makes JRPGs a shitload more fun in my opinion.

Gray Stormy
Dec 19, 2006

I bought myself Bioshock and have been having fun luring splicers into water to shock them. Im not much further than when you first get Electro Bolt, what should I be doing to get the most out of this game?

Gray Stormy
Dec 19, 2006

So I get a camera eventually? And the wrench gets better than electrically-stunning someone and one-shotting them with it?

Gray Stormy
Dec 19, 2006

Tips for Condemned? Ive only played to the part in the beginning where you get knocked out at a fuse box.

The atmosphere is really effective :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gray Stormy
Dec 19, 2006

I snagged Nier last night on the way home from work. Im a couple of hours in and Im enjoying it so for. Anything I should focus on doing/not doing?

Staying out of the LP thread has been priority one. :v: