Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grundma
Mar 26, 2007

DOG controls your destiny. Seek out three items of his favor and then seek his shrine.
I'm thinking of picking up Gothic II from goozex since its only 100 points there for the gold edition, but I have a few questions first.

First off, at the moment the game is only available as disc only. Is this going to be a problem at all? As in: am I going to miss a lot of info by not having a manual, or is it likely that if I just get the disc I wont have a cd key and I'll end up with a useless cd?

Second, I remember reading to not install the expansion at first because it makes everything harder, but I remember hearing that the basic game is pretty hard to begin with. What are some easy pitfalls/mistakes to make early in the game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grundma
Mar 26, 2007

DOG controls your destiny. Seek out three items of his favor and then seek his shrine.

Morpheus posted:

tips for Gothic II

Thanks a lot, I guess I'll get the first one instead. My only experience with the series so far was watching my old roomate play the demo of Gothic II a few years back, so I didnt realize that the first and second games had that much in common.

You said that the second game greatly improves the interface over the first. Is this gonna be a situation where I should look for a mod or something to fix it if I'm gonna play the first game? If so what do you reccomend?

Grundma
Mar 26, 2007

The wiki seems to be down, so does anyone have any info for Dragon Quest V for DS? I know that in 4 there's the whole thing with the shop and cautery swords to make a ton of money, is there anything like that in 5 I should be aware of?

Grundma
Mar 26, 2007

Draile posted:

Nate RFB posted:

Thanks for the tips

Grundma
Mar 26, 2007

graventy posted:

Hey, any tips on how to start in X3: Terran Conflict?

The game seems pretty awesome, but slow-moving and.. a bit confounding.

I'd like a few tips on this one too, I picked it up before the steam sale ended and I know it has a reputation for being hard to get the hang of.