Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pee air
May 8, 2007

This is not my personal opinion.
Earthbound
This is mostly for the poster who said he was playing for the first time.

-Give Paula all of the vitality capsules you find, she needs them the most.
-Don't give Jeff any IQ capsules, he doesn't need them.
-The Sword of Kings is the only "rare" item worth the time in getting.
-If you see a red or green caterpillar, chase it!
-Don't be afraid to experiment with strange items (toothbrush, ruler) in battle.
-Don't buy the seaside house in Onett unless you're swimming in cash.

BOing HavE fun! ZooM!

pee air fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Sep 29, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pee air
May 8, 2007

Chinaman7000 posted:

KOTOR advice? I just started it after finally sucking it up and doing all the messy configuration for widescreen, and I'm liking it so far. However, I have only the vaguest knowledge of Star Wars stuff, and even vaguer knowledge of how D&D stuff works. I have played more mainstream-ed RPGs like the newer Fallouts, Dragon Age, and Oblivion though.

If you care about completing the individual subplots of each of your party members, try to advance Mission's (by talking to her frequently) as much as you can before going to Tatooine. There's a glitch that makes her subplot impossible to complete if you go to Tatooine too early. You don't get much of a reward for completing it though, so don't worry too much if you screw it up.

I recommend visiting the planets in this order: Kashyyk, Tatooine, Manaan, and finally Korriban.

pee air
May 8, 2007

Starhawk64 posted:

I bought Resident Evil 4 on a whim, any good tips before I start playing it?

Just to summarize what lots of people have argued previously about weapons:

Pistols - The Red 9 is the best, but the Blacktail is not far behind it. Use whichever you think is the most fun.

Shotguns - The Striker is by far the best when all upgrades are considered.

Rifles - The Semiautomatic Rifle is generally considered the easiest to use, but you can do very well with the regular Rifle if you're a decent shot. Choose whichever.

Magnums - The Broken Butterfly is by far the best.

Other Weapons - The TMP is fun but goes through too much ammo. Generally not worth it. The Mine Thrower is fun as a gimmick but not very useful.

As was already said, don't feel you have to upgrade your weapons every chance you get, since it's often better to save your money for upgrades on later weapons. Generally upgrade firepower before anything else to get more bang for your buck.