Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Zombie Defiler posted:

Neverwinter Nights 1
- If the game is really beating your rear end, pop open the aurora editor that came with the game and make yourself a little one room level with a chest, and fill that with whatever crazy items you desire, gold, etc. Oh and you can make unequippable items with infinite uses of spells that you simply right click and select to use. just remember to save your character after loading him up with gear.
- In single player mode it really helps to have a good NPC henchman following you around. In my experience the best are the Cleric girl, or the Halfling Rogue guy, assuming you are not the same class.
- Skip directly to Shadows of Undrentide and Hordes of the Underdark. There is seriously no comparison to the original campaign, these expansions are what NWN should have been and SoU starts at level 1 so there's no need to even touch the OC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Bob Smith posted:

And now I'm told, having completed the first chapter solo with my amazing Human Barbarian with a +1 Greatsword (and a level in Fighter so she can wear +1 Halfplate.)

Is it even worth finishing the campaign? It seems Great Cleave and a powerful weapon trivialises everything.
It depends how much you're enjoying it so far. The OC isn't terrible but its hardly good either. I guess if you're ever having trouble keeping going give it a pass but if you've already beat the first chapter you might as well keep chugging along just to be able to tell people "yeah, I made it through the NWN OC."

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

McKracken posted:

I'm about to start Final Fantasy 13.

I've read through the previous tips, I just want clarify about the post end-game, specifically how it works because I can't remember any FF game which has had playable content after finishing the game. Is there anything meaningful to do and did I read correctly that I should wait until this point to upgrade items or do all side-missions?
At the last 1/3 of the game you get access to missions. The difficulty curve kind of expects you do missions 1-28. Its not technically necessary, although you might do a spot of grinding to get up to par, and you'll unlock fast travel if you do the first batch of missions.

When you get to the last dungeon you unlock portals back to various spots of the last 1/3 of the game. These persist after you beat the boss and save. The last dungeon is gone forever after doing it once.

The missions are semi meaningful. You can do a lot before you beat the game, but I saved it for after beating it since you unlock new levels of the sphere grid. The last mission is hard as hell and you'll probably want a 100% finished sphere grid, and there's a bit of grinding involved getting that experience.

After you finish the missions its just grinding for money for the get every item achievement/trophy. Hardly meaningful, but something to do if you like the combat system.

You can safely ignore weapon upgrading until the end of the game, if not post game. There's a robot in the last 1/3 that gives you a shitload of money, and its a valid idea to upgrade weapons to their second form at this point. Before this, if you have an itch to upgrade items, upgrade accessories. Especially early on, upgraded attack and magic accessories can be overpowered.